Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The view from............ Val d'Isere and the Espace Killy

Poster: A snowHead
thelem wrote:
@Steve Angus is that the top of the Solaise in the picture, with the old top station for the Solaise Express in the middle? If so, it looks like the new top station is further along, so you don't have to get that annoying rope lift any more?

That rope tow must have wrecked countless amounts of gloves!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Steve Angus - thanks for the response - much appreciated. We have booked through www.valdisere-agence.com, so slightly surprised and disappointed tbh. It may all be fine when we get there, but belt and braces approach and all that - need to be prepared with options especially when you mentioned issues with comms in Val a couple of weeks ago after the workmen cut thru a cable I recall?

Alex A - good point on the tethering suggestion - my wife is looking at that solution as well wink

Thanks all - think that's covered, all we need now is a fortnight of steady snow before we arrive and a week of bluebird days to follow...
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Steve Angus wrote:
thelem wrote:
@Steve Angus is that the top of the Solaise in the picture, with the old top station for the Solaise Express in the middle? If so, it looks like the new top station is further along, so you don't have to get that annoying rope lift any more?

yes it is, and yes it is, and (again) yes it is and that rope has now gone.... to reply to your points!

Great news! I think that's a bigger improvement than that shorter time to the top. Thanks.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Steve Angus wrote:
Page23 wrote:
Dear collective,

We are out to Val in March as two families each with one 4 year old and two nearly 3 year olds (at the time of going).

This will be their second ski trip this season and they all went to village des enfants in Avoriaz.

Are there any such ski schools/instructors that will take children under 3?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Hmmm the short answer is no im afraid..... we only take our daughter (who is also coming up 3) out as a) we are both instructors b) live here and c) can do VERY short low intensity 'fun sessions' at a time! At age three you can get private lessons but that is about all im afraid! If I were you I would do 'snowplay' with them - e.g. snowmen building and the 'learning' at that age is them getting used to getting around in the cold and snowy environment more than anything! Good luck!

Thanks!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
franga - lots and lots and lots that is for sure!
Robbarber - Ah Val Agence - yes they have lots of apartments on 'file' so to speak and they are 'off the shelf' French apartments and most will likely NOT have any internet options in them but you might be lucky but I should think there is a 90% chance there is no internet in the apartments - sorry!

2 weeks of snow and blue skies to follow - keep wishing - would be nice!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Be careful what you wish for

Well Olivia did have a rather unsettled night yes but by breakfast time could we get her to wake up - could we heck!

However Clare headed off to La Daille to meet her client whilst I headed to the meeting point. I knew I knew the name on the planner but it was only when I met the client it all clicked back together in my mind. Anyway the plan was to work on some carving and then dabble in the off piste. I did suggest that the off piste (unless going for one heck of a walk) might by 'interesting' but I could tell they were still keen... but more on that in a second!

We skied around the Bellevarde sector and I have to say that it was a complete Tuesday mad house up there. Fresh out the starting blocks at 9.30 and everyone under the sun is in a massive rush to straight line to get where they are heading and packs. Pack skiing is something that never fails to amaze me. You can be skiing down when the 'first' person in a pack starts moving off without looking up the hill and suddenly everyone in the pack follows suit and suddenly the slopes are a) swamped and b) your path is blocked.... this is followed by an unwritten rule amongst the pack of 'last to the bottom' loses and the more 'flashy' the skiing / snowboarding the better. I dont think ill ever truly properly understand it but there we go.

What made matters worse up Bellevarde was that the first slope down towards the start of the Verte was more than the usual mad house it was BONKERS. I saw about 30 people side slipping / walking / slidding on their bum and groups all over the place stopped right in the middle of the slope - carnage.

However we had a fairly successful slide around working on carving before getting into some off piste. After all of about 5 mins off the side of the Genepy and top stacks all around the clients I think they clicked that perhaps it would be better to stay on the piste as the general piste technique needed some work. So be careful what you wish for as I think there was a thought that I would be finding them waist deep powder - ha ha!

I took the afternoon off in the end (I had been pencilled in for a session) to catch up on lots of things at home and made about 100 phone calls it seemed but I feel as if I have almost caught up again!

As I type I am watching and hoping that Dave Ryding can have a good result in the Schladming Slalom where he was joint 4th after the first run so there is a possibility of a podium after that but we shall see - it will need a brilliant 2nd run and a little luck from the front runners though!

Nothing particulrly exciting happening else in local news so ill finish with some photos and my periscope for today.

https://www.periscope.tv/SteveAngusSnow/1rmxPrzVYRgGN?autoplay&t=7

TTFN
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
PS The next two nights we are out for dinner therefore updates might be either very early or very late!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Surprise

When you wake up in the morning and the thermometer is showing temps that are a few degrees warmer than it has been the last few days, you decide to layer down and then when you get up there you find that the breeze (that you knew was going to be there) is stronger than expected, persistant and colder than you were expected despite it being a Foehn wind AND then you find there is about 10-30cm (the higher you go the more there was and the closer to the border the more too) of fresh snow up there all you can think is 'well I never' and 'you learn something new every day.' I think that just about sums up the morning.

One thing is for sure the fresh snow was a real surprise and I have yet to find a mountain guide or colleague that saw that coming today!

So anyway after collecting packs from the office it was action time. I was planning to head up Solaise, perhaps slide in some off piste down the side of the glacier run as a warm up and then perhaps look at moving over towards the Pay Desert and then Grand Vallon.... well I / we were really surprised when we discovered that there was a few cm's of fresh snow up there. I think it was a combination of the wind along with a little cloud overnight that had produced the goods!

So I pinched myself when the 'warm up' run was down the Glacier run and we had about 5cm of fresh snow ON the piste to play with followed by a few more cm's off the sides... magic!

I couldnt wait to get over to the Fornet to get up to the Pays Desert as I knew there would be way more up there and I wasnt wrong. So after personally cutting the line in (not a mega high line but certainly a high line) to the Pay Desert and the obligatory following of about 10,000 people behind me we got our just rewards, several pitches one after the other down towards the poma. I must say that knowing the ins and outs, all the ridges and rollers certainly helps as I was able to locate quite a few secret stashes (despite) people charging from behind and jumping the gun and trying to take lines ahead of others AND put others in danger.

However here are some pictures taken by my client (thanks Bill).

Not sure what I was doing in this pic?

Alas a nice morning and the Grand Vallon afterwards had some decent snow in it too although by the time we got there it was rather cut up and we were really breaking through to the base without any effort at all!

The afternoon I had my seasonnaires and we had a really chilled afternoon working on the other end of the progression spectrum - carving and boy what a successful afternoon it was. Some serious improvements and so satisfying to see people go from passive carving to active carving - bravo!

The wind certainly got up and was a consistent stiff breeze all afternoon and my decision to down layer in the morning was backfiring as I was somewhat chilly by the end of the day - ho hum that is the way it goes sometime!

So after skiing it was a mad rush to get home, get changed and ready, get Olivia, give her tea, get her ready for bed and then head out for dinner with some old clients and friends. However I did manage to fit in my periscope of course:

https://www.periscope.tv/SteveAngusSnow/1vAGRdwAAkNxl?autoplay&t=5

Dinner was taken at Baraque and it is the first time I have eaten there pretty much since it opened - it was RAMMED busy but super nice food. The egg, cream and mushroom starter was really nice and the porc was amazing! Get in there! Not cheap but really nice!

Anyway folks I need to head to my bed as I am rather shattered tonight so will sign off for now! TTFN
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Looks like a cracking day @Steve Angus,

Quick Q - is it possible to download on the Bellevarde Express? Want to take kids to the Peau de Vache for lunch but don't want them to leave it on the Face if it's icy / scrapy. Would rather have the option to take the chair down if we have to ... think that might be the only option as not sure whether you can get to the Loyes chair from the restaurant ...

Thanks
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Haven't seen any technique questions or skiing tips on here yet this season Steve. So here goes with a question regarding the inside/non-turning leg in short & medium (some deflection across the slope) radius turns.
We press early (at turn initiation) on the new outside/turning leg, projecting the hips across the skis down the hill & inside the upcoming new turn.
At what point in the new turn should the inside leg progressively begin to flex/shorten (to become short leg). Is it before entering the fall line, in the fall line or as we are about to leave the fall line ?
Also, does the timing vary dependant upon the radius of turn (long/med/short) to be taken ?
Would a demo during a periscope broadcast also be possible.
Thanks Steve 😁
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@franga, Up the Bellevarde Chair, have top nosh at PdV, then take the track to the Loyes Express, its nery benign - any snowplougher could do it. Just watch put for the loons to the right sliding out of control. Up Loyes Express and down via Santons, La Daille or Olympic Bubble if you are full.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@chocksaway, that's great, thanks.

Love your thread by the way, great read.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Just done lunch there, was excellent. Skied back down Face, a bit icy in places, but would prefer to ski back down that than down Santons. You can also download via the Bellevarde chair, as many were up there only for eating.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Heading to val tomorrow. What's the best app to download on the iphone for a map/guide?
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
franga - yes it is possible to download as a passenger on the Bellevarde Express or yes indeed you can slide across quite easily to the Loyes Express although I dont think snowploughers would find in that easy as the drop away to the skiers left as you go across and down the Face is quite intimidating and beginners may find it tricky but certainly it is a simple ski across to the Loyes that is for sure!

mrkn - thanks for the question. Effectively the reason for flexing and therefore shortening the inside leg is two fold.... firstly to manage the forces acting upon the body and due to gravity and centrifugal forces we need to flex to absorb but also in flexing you can impact on the edging of the skis and the ability to rotate the skis to influence how tight the turn is. So you can flex before / at / after the fall line as you like there is no hard and fast rule BUT as long as you are balanced against the outside ski it does not matter too much. As a ski if you (for whatever reason) wish to tighten the arc then you might wish to flex earlier OR you may wish to leave it longer and in doing so encourage more reverse camber on the skis before releasing later in the turn and getting the slingshot into the next turn.

jlroger3 - Val has its own app - search for it in the app store that is pretty descent.
ski holidays
Windy

Well folks you will think I am getting lazy on this blogging front but BOY am I tied this evening. Olivia was awake way too early and it has been a flat out day.

This morning I was teaching a seasonnaire. Not your typical one as she was the accountant for a major tour operator in town and gets plenty of time off but gets to work jolly hard non the less in evenings etc. Being a little older and having a recurring injury she was really after a confidence booster. I think we really nailed it and after some work she was happily coming down the Face (and others) once again!

The weather today was rather interesting. We had a strong breeze / wind blowing from the south (Foehn) and the clouds were whizzing by. The air temp was not that cold but with the wind and the lack of visibility at times it was a slightly tricky day that is for sure. There were the odd tease of snow at times too but it was no more than that!

The afternoon I had my team of seasonnaires (well some of them anyway) out and we made the most in tricky conditions and again they are coming on in leaps and bounds.

Straight after work the day really started and what a few hours it was. Home, change, collect Olivia, to Rize for a ski school meeting (getting small children into and out of all their outdoor clothes is a mission in itself), home, give her dinner, bad, bed and then the babysitter turns up before finally getting into town for a ski school meal out at Sur La Montagne..... phew what a few hours it has been. However on the plus side the food was very nice and recommended.

And that pretty much gets you all up to date...

Like last night I am very shattered so must be short tonight and hope that Olivia sleeps well tonight.... however one more sleep and then it is the weekend and hopefully we can catch up on some sleep!

https://www.periscope.tv/SteveAngusSnow/1dRJZXlkdYXKB?autoplay&t=4

TTFN
snow conditions
Best get some good rest Steve. You'll be needing it as you've got me again for a couple of sessions next week. You know what hard work that is!! wink

Looking forward to being out in Val again. snowHead
snow conditions
And me on Wednesday !
snow report
Hey Steve, a little question from me (feel free to answer on the broadcast or here)...

For a decent piste-only skier like myself, can you recommend any pistes where there is some fun to be had just by straying off to the side of it?

(I will be shepherding my beginner wife&daughter down blues most of the time so it would be nice if I could alleviate the boredom a bit!)

Thanks for all the broadcasts and blogs as usual!
snow conditions
@alansk, Grand Pre
snow report
Can anyone recommend what area/pistes to start on my first day (this Sunday)? I'm a one week a year skier and this will be my 5th time so I'm looking for somewhere to get back into things in the morning.

At the end of my holiday last year I would have considered myself a Level 7 Intermediate on the Inside Out scale (Level 7 Intermediate: I can ski all reds and get down most blacks as well, providing they're not too steep or bumpy. I may have tried skiing just off the side of the pistes)
snow conditions
@conor90, Olympic gondola, diebold to tommeususes lift, creux to marmots lift. That's your warm up. Then thrash Orange or OK all the way down to la daille.
snow conditions
@alansk All around where @DrJohn says. Loads of fun greens, and off the edges of them is even more fun. Marmottes, Borsat and Grand Pre lifts.
snow report
@James the Last, @Dr John, thanks! Sounds perfect. For some reason I did not try the Borsat/Grand Pre lifts last year.
ski holidays
sno trax - yea that will be great to see you out here again - I saw that on the planner for this week. Safe journey out.
mrkn - oh yea - it is all systems go this week!
alansk - yes as has been said above but also the Glacier Express too.... but I think your wife and daughter sound a little more like intermediates if you are thinking they are blue piste skiers!
conor90 - hmmm id be slightly cautious - if you havent skied (I dont know) Val d'Isere before then take the colours of some of the pistes with a pinch of salt! You'll fund the Bellevarde side (that Dr John mentions) to be busier but perhaps a better selection of runs for a first morning but dont right off heading up Solaise and there are number of pistes up there you can potter around on for a few hours e.g. top half of Piste L, Plan Millet and places like that. I think you would find the top section of the Orange piste pretty hard work on your first morning with only 4 trips behind you!
latest report
Gatecrashers

It was very much like groundhog day weatherwise today... grey, bit of wind, not too chilly but just annoying weather. However the team were fired up and ready for one last day of off piste to finish their week off. We headed up Bellevarde and straight to the Tour du Charvet. There were a few pockets of nice snow up top but the steep section was the usual bun fight. Lower down I went to the far side of the stream and thought it might give us some nicer snow but alas nothing to show for it. However some lovely views and ambiance as always down there.

Next up was a trip down Super S (Prime couloir) and the snow at the very top was horrendous as the wind had been all over it BUT the middle / main section was awesome - really nice chalky snow and some of the best conditions I can EVER remember down there short of powder of course!

Half way down I was thinking that there were a number of decent skiers making some turns and it was only lower down we got to a group altogether and it twigged to me that they were in the middle of the final day of their BASI Level 4 ISTD Tech assessment.... doing their variables. The trainers gave me a wave as I came past and held their poles up to ask the students to hold back a second whilst we came through. I felt as if we were gatecrashing their course. Anyway the lower part was not that nice snow but nevertheless it was a fun morning.

We finished with a practice transceiver search and it was interesting to say the least.... mainly as someone forgot to ask the 'other' searchers to put their transceivers to search too.... so the searcher was searching for his 'prober' - woops!

I treated myself to lunch at chevalot and it was the usual high standard before meeting my seasonnaires for another session.

Although the weather was not to their liking they perservered and we worked on both flexing and extending but also in some lateral seperation! good work girls! The end of the session was a little annoying as the wind had obviously gotten up that little bit more from the wrong angle so they had to close the Olympic lift down... so we were unable to download on the lift and instead had to take the funival down and get the bus back from La Daille which all took way longer than planned but there you go!

Clare is out for drinks with some friends and her father (she will be home soon) is arriving to stay the night here in about an hours time before he gets his hotel room for a week from tomorrow. I have had a takeaway and shall be in bed as soon as possible I can assure you of that. Looking forward to a day off tomorrow and amongst other things have to head to Bourg to do a food shop.

Thinking of the road the road forecast is for some 16000 cars to go down the hill into Albertvilla tomorrow (which is a low number) and some 26,000 (again quite low) to come back up again so it shouldnt be too crazy out there I dont think.

https://t.co/TigGNijTHn - my periscope from today - hope the link works out?

- tricky question this as you first have to spot it AND to do that you really need to know exactly where this photo was taken but WHICH chairlift can you see in this picture! Strain your eyes to spot it!

The Arcelle from the other side of the valley

Finally sliding out of the Super S

So I think that brings you all up to date.

TTFN
snow conditions
@conor90 Beware of Plan M (from Solaise) and Santons (from Olympic). These are the main runs back into Val from the two big ski areas and are Red and Blue respectively, but both are long runs at the difficult end of their colour - just what you want when you're heading home tired after a long day. Alternatively there are much nicer runs into La Fornet and La Daille from which you can get a shuttle bus back to Val.
snow report
Great 3 sessions Steve, many thanks, we have learned a lot. Had a great week, hopefully a bit of snow tonight, ski tomorrow then start the drive back. Guilty as charged re the transceiver, but won't do it again!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Steve Angus,
Quote:

WHICH chairlift can you see in this picture! Strain your eyes to spot it!

I failed the eyesight test...but will take a wild guess at Cugnai.
Puzzled
ski holidays
@thelem,
Quote:

Alternatively there are much nicer runs into La Fornet

..apart from Foret, which is tougher than the average black run, I'd say. Very Happy
Good advice to treat Plan M and Santons with caution.
snow report
@Dr John @Steve Angus @thelem Thanks for the suggestions. I think those reds might be a bit too much for day one, but I'll see how I get on in the morning - maybe I'll get back into it quickly and be able for it in the afternoon. I do like a challenge!
ski holidays
@Steve Angus, taken from the top of super S, so the datcha in the background?
snow report
Looks like the Tour de Charvet? So either Grand Pre or Manchet Express, unless the top of the Madeleine Express is visable on the top of the ridge.
ski holidays
thelem - yes some good points there... although Mangard at Fornet is not that nice either and you have to be careful you dont get lost and stray onto something nastier when heading to La Daille too!

endoman - ha ha no problems! Safe journey back and well skied - see you next time!

intermediate - good guess but no

flaming - ????? "taken from the top of Super S" - no sorry photo not taken there and dont think you would be able to see the Datcha anyway from there.... but like your thinking

Rareperk - yes its taken on the tour de charvet.... suppose could be looking back up and you could see the top of the Grand Pre just about - but no its not that.... Manchet Express - too obvious that one...... you are MUCH closer with the Madeleine Express but again no sorry..... answers in a second!
snow conditions
Where did the day go?

Well firstly the answer to yesterdays 'which lift' quiz... you have to REALLY focus on the 'saddle' area near the middle of the picture and you can just about see the top of the Glacier Express a long way away!

Anyway back to today...

It started early as Olivia was calling my name at about 6am... when I went in there (she never ever asks for me in the night etc) and settled her again then said I was going back to bed she said that mummy was still out with friends.... it dawned on me that she thought Clare was still out hence was asking for me - ah ha that made sense. Anyhows it was only about 5 mins before she was calling again and wanted 'up' - that was not going to happen as Clares father was fast asleep on the sofa bed still so I took her into our bed and we got about another 20 mins before she was desperate to get up for real...... and so the day started nice and early once again!

After a very lazy couple of hours we headed out for a family ski altogether on the nursery slopes and Olivia was really good today - mainly by trial and error she almost got the hang of a 'pizza' / 'triangle' / 'snowplough' and it is exciting to see she is slowly getting the idea but it is of course slow going at that age. The obligatory hot choc break followed and it was then obvious that the early start and skiing was catching up with her as she was getting tired and grumpy so we headed home.

A family lunch of soup, watching the skiing on tv and a sandwich before I headed down to Bourg to do a massive food shop.... my once every 3 weeks or so father duty! So that took about 3 hours all in all after you get the car out, drive down to Super U, do the shop, drive back up (it was slow coming up as everyone arrives into resort mid afternoon) and then put it all away! However that is that job done for another few weeks - yay!

We were still trying to get everything away when it turned 4.30 and was time to head to Fall Line to have a drink with the Notts again and Clares father popped along. So we had a nice catch up for an hour or two before Olivia was once again was tired and hungry.... Clare had to head into town to go to the office to do a couple of jobs whilst I took Olivia home to give her tea etc!

So apart from catching up with Silent Witness from earlier in the week it has been a quiet evening.

In local news there was a full town council meeting and amongst other things so more details emerged on a few matters... one of which is the new ski lift.... so the gondola down at La Daille is being replaced and the initial works are starting in the Spring of this year.... it will also replace the Etroits chair down there and being more efficient and more wind 'resistant' the 2 for the price of 1 replacement work wonders down there. The planned opening date is for the start of Winter 2018/19.

The other project is for the new covered / underground parking at La Daille. They are talking about having the building where the concrete shell of a building (not complete) is in the Cret area of town - so on the left as you are just entering Val (for real as opposed to La Daille). They are hoping for 200 parking spaces. There are lots of grand and master plans for parking and traffic going on and this is just the first step on the planning front.

Apart from all that there is not too much else to report. I will be back on the mountain teaching tomorrow morning so shall try and cover my Periscope on the mountain then.

Down in town we are once again really looking for some fresh snow to liven things up once again!

https://www.periscope.tv/SteveAngusSnow/1yNGadNPXYVKj?autoplay&t=1

TTFN

council meeting
snow report

What a glorious day...

It almost felt as if Spring was in the air.... well sort of. I should think it will get colder and more wintery again at some point but it certainly didnt feel anything short of glorious up there. The snow was in excellent condition and the pistes groomed to perfection and with blue skies it was a lovely morning. There was no fresh snow overnight although we had hoped there might have been some which was a surprise. The weather forecast for the next few days is still calling for the possibility of some snow in the next couple of nights but we shall see!

So after a nice evening last night and an early night it was nice that Olivia recognized it was a weekend morning and it was after 7am before she decided to make a fuss. It didnt matter as I was up anyway for my morning lesson. Clare took Olivia for a swim whilst I headed to work. I taught a young man who lives in Geneva and had just started learning to ski this season in the form of weekend trips to Les Gets. With about a weeks worth of skiing and learning behind him he was still a rather cautious skier (which is fine) and when we got to the top of the Bellevarde he decided that taking the steps down would be a good move so I obliged. We spent most of the morning working on the Grand Pre and little by little things came together and he definately has some homework to do. It must always be remembered that more often than not changes to ones skiing or snowboarding is generally made outside of lesson time... the lesson will give you the tools to go away and practice. Taking the drills and exercises delivered during the lesson and practising those things so they become second nature is vital as skiing and snowboarding is a muscle memory sport. I often wonder why people dont practice what they are taught in the lessons as they will not get better until things are practiced!

So the morning slid by nicely and I fitted in my periscope at lunchtime before coming home.

https://www.periscope.tv/SteveAngusSnow/1BdxYgrBDbDGX?autoplay&t=22

When I got home it was nice to be able to watch some skiing on the tv - what a great GS that was and Hirscher was on fine form. However even bigger congratulations to James Woods at the X Games over in the US of A.... what a great gold medal winning performance that was too! You see GB can make great Alpine skiing champions!

So Olivia is having an afternoon nap and so too is Clare so I get the tv controller and of course the India v England T20 match is on.

We are heading down to La Daille to Le Toviere hotel where Clares father is staying this week for a drink later on, perhaps a call home on the Skype to my mum and a nice family evening meal are all on the agenda before another early evening and then its back to the Monday morning and another week... wont be long now until half term is upon us so I had better make the most of the quieter days on the mountain.

Nothing too much happening in local news although the second day of the ice carting race thing is happening but I should try and get down there to see it happening sometime!

Think that is all for now.

TTFN
snow report
Steve any advice on a good English speaking boot fitter? Having some issues with heel lift and it's really annoying me! Heading up now, quite excited. How icy are the runs at the moment?
ski holidays
@neslot, I cannot recommend Jojo at Nevada Sport in Tignes highly enough. He has worked wonders for us over the years.

OK, Orange and Stade are a bit icy down to La Daille at the moment, but only the last 150-200m. The upper parts of these pistes are in excellent condition. Le Face is to be avoided, after 11am. Piste M is good all the way down.
snow conditions
mark ,hanibal in surefeet are excellent bootfitters just had a new pr of liners put in
ski holidays
neslot - the team at either Killy Sport or Mattis sport on the snow front are both excellent. The boys at Surefoot should be able to help too but to be honest I respect the opinion of the techs in Snowberry too! The runs are pretty good at the moment especially as it has been snowing all afternoon!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy