Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The view from............ Val d'Isere and the Espace Killy

Poster: A snowHead
Speaking from first-hand experience I can say the work that organisations such as Macmillian and Marie Curie do is outstanding. I am sure they will make your father as comfortable as it is possible to be. My thoughts are with you @Steve Angus and your family.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
So sorry steve. Thinking of you at this terribly sad time.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Like others, I hope your father's death is as easeful as it can be, with a loving family around him. What a blessing you knew in time to be there with him.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
My dad had just 17 days between diagnosis of the Big C (brain tumour) and his demise. In reality he only knew he was in trouble for about 10 of those days. A much better deal than Mum's 15 months (ovarian). I know how hard this time is. My sympathies. It takes some time for the happy memories to come back but they do.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
So sorry to hear this Steve. My thoughts are with you and your family.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
A really good day in the EK. Fresh snow and in some north facing bits some great powder. Familial was good early on. Also did Grand Pre. Went over to the Motte but was getting late and it was starting to get pretty heavy. Look for North facing slopes tomorrow.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
A really good day in the EK. Fresh snow and in some north facing bits some great powder. Familial was good early on. Also did Grand Pre. Went over to the Motte but was getting late and it was starting to get pretty heavy. Look for North facing slopes tomorrow.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Mark1863, quite a bit more fresh snow forecast next Fri to Mon too....maybe nearly half a metre!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Last day tomorrow. Very much an end of season feel. Been a good fortnight with some regular top-ups of snow. Back and knees ache but one last go before at least a seven month break.
Now sludge just about everywhere. Drizzle in village. We may me lucky with a bit of fresh up top tomorrow. Suspect limited vis but we can hope. That is it from me for Snowheads this season.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Mark1863, Val D closed for the season on a high yesterday, after a large dump of snow Saturday night and daytime temperatures around zero.
For pure nostalgia, I rode up in the Solaise telepherique earlier this week, before both it and the chairlift are dismantled. They've been transporting us to Solaise heaven (mostly) for a few decades. The new gondola, scheduled for opening in November, has hard acts to follow.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The last day a week ago had a sting in the tail. One of the chaps in the chalet was by the No 4 stick on piste M. Just before the sharp right near the bottom. Last run of the holiday. Fell and broke his tibia in 4 places. Slightly taller and heavier than me. My din setting is under 7. His was around 9. A cautionary tale. That really is it from me.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@intermediate, Spotted a picture somewhere today of the main cover of the Solaise lift being carted away. End of an era. wink
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@GeorgeVII, indeed..but I wouldn't be surprised to see Solaise chairs and even the telepherique cabin on display in local hotel and restaurant spaces. Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Mark1863,
Quote:
My din setting is under 7
Yep. I also have between 6 & 7. Without boasting I ski fast under almost all circumstances but have never had a binding open without cause. Can't understand why people would want to wind the binding up so high.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Steilhang,
Quote:
have never had a binding open without cause.
I agree: if you have good technique you rarely release.

If you are a less good skier, and then wind up your din settings to compensate, the inevitable will happen.
snow report
@intermediate, There was a rumour kicking around that the old Solaise chair was going to be adapted and replace Datcha which was old slow and busy!

Telepherique would make a nice burger van!
snow report
@chocksaway,
Quote:

@intermediate, There was a rumour kicking around that the old Solaise chair was going to be adapted and replace Datcha which was old slow and busy!

Telepherique would make a nice burger van!

Good to hear they're thinking about recycling. I often avoid old slow Datcha by skiing Piste L to Laisinant then hopping on bus. Replacing it with Solaise equipment would be an improvement.
I'd like to buy a burger and maybe ice cream from a refurbished telepherique. To the right off the bottom of the Face would be good for me.
snow report
@Steilhang,
I think it was ignorance on his part. He bought them on eBay so I doubt he had even checked! Bit of a price to pay.
latest report
Check out Hotel Des Glaciers Face Book for some interesting video / images of clearing the Galibier Road

https://www.facebook.com/HotelDesGlaciers/?fref=nf
snow conditions
Im back!

Well folks after what has seemed like the longest break in history from Snowheads im back. It has been a weird few months and in my true updates style ill give an overview of the past few months goings on as well as the latest news and view from Val..... I plan to be back doing these monthly Summer updates and then of course in the Winter daily updates.

It was mid March that I last posted in any great depth. As I outlined above I got a rather unexpected (I suppose looking back it was not that unexpected as the warnings signs were starting to appear) call saying that my father was very ill and that I needed to be back in the UK asap. So a frantic 10 days or so preparing for the worst and supporting my mum followed. It was a tricky time leaving Clare back in Val looking after Olivia etc.

On Easter Sunday he passed away and it was a rollercoaster of emotions and energy sapping times as chief funeral organiser, initiating the legal and other formalities and supporting my mum through it (that aspect continues of course). After a further couple of weeks I was able to pop back to Val to see Clare and Olivia which was a welcome break. The funeral was on the 19th April (and although it sounds bonkers) so we drove back en famile to the UK for that. I like to think we gave Dad a good send off.

Whilst all this was happening I was sad to miss the EoSB with you lovely Snowheads lot in Val Thorens. I had been looking forward to coming over to Val Thorens for quite some time to teach on it but unfortuntely it was not to happen. Apologies.... however I am looking forward to being back there next Spring (if you will have me back) and also hopefully before that for the PSB in Tignes.

Suddenly that was behind us so we got back to Val and had a couple nice weeks of family time.... it was both Clares and Olivias birthdays which was a couple of welcome celebrations. And suddenly the lifts were shutting down, the days getting longer and hotter so that meant it was time to head back to the UK (as we always do) as a family for May.

May was a nicer time - running around the UK catching up with friends and family and doing various jobs that only ever need doing once in a while. We also managed to fit in a nice family holiday with Clares side of the family to Cornwall too. The weather was pretty shocking but we still had a lovely time.

We had to head back to Val 10 days before the end of May as we fitted in potty training for Olivia - she is growing up fast! Then suddenly Clare was back to work in Le Toviere hotel in La Daille but not before we were guests at the owners wedding in Val... our first French wedding. With Clare back at work it was my time to crack on with some of the other projects and goings on in our lives. The main of those was completing on the purchase of a parking space that we had been looking for for quite some time. After hunting high and low for a garage (and a tall one at that to accommodate our van but also with enough space around it for storage) we stumbled across a parking space (not garage) under our building. With a high vaulted style ceiling above the space and walls on two sides it was on for a reasonable price so I have now spent time putting a drop ceiling in above the space and attempting to box in the void to create storage.... I am half way through doing this but will finish it off when I am back in Val in a few weeks time.

We have family (one of Clares cousins) that are staying in their family (being half French) holiday home in Annecy. We were the luckiest people that the sun shone brightly for the the weekend as we had a glorious time down. A spot of canyoning, barbecues, cycle rides along the lake and Olivias favourite; a drink as the sun set whilst we took their little rowing boat out on the lake.

And that summaries most of the last few months really with breakneck speed... As per last Summer (and it fits in nicely with being able to visit Mum, the solicitor etc) I am back in the UK for stints working on the cricket again. I have managed to adapt my schedule so I am doing a couple of medium length stints and am currently back for 3 weeks doing the rounds with the England Women (a rainy Bristol at the moment). I head back to Val in a week.

Of course the big thing that has hit us very recently is this whole Brexit thing. Not getting into the arguments.... however all I know is that the whole thing is multidimensional and worrying (the uncertainty more than anything) for those of us based in France with our lives and families and finances based abroad. What will happen to the so called 'motherland' that is the UK (I was also born in Scotland so I am keeping an eye on that too) as well as the question marks that prevail on our position in France. There is the ski instructing market and how the Eurozone will respond to our qualifications and position but also the reaction of locals towards us foreigners.... as in the UK there will be some who use the departure as a wedge in the door I am sure. Over and above Olivia is currently in a French creche (born in the UK) so there are question marks as to whether things might have to change in the longer term on that front. It is all one big question mark and every single decision will have an impact on us. Fingers crossed for positive outcomes for everyone.

IN LOCAL NEWS:

The last few weeks of the season saw the usual days and days of sunshine but that only last a few days.... suddenly the weather closed in again and we had more snow (laterly rain in May and June) and it has been rather unsettled since March (as it has been in the UK on the whole!).

The main development within the town has been the decommisioning of the Solaise Express lift... As soon as the lifts shut shop in early May they got to work.... the first things they managed to do was rip out the Solaise base station and start all the ground work down there. It looks like (as I hoped and predicted) that they are moving the new base station a little bit across away from the bottom of the Olympique lift (only by about 10m or so). Moving it a little bit across will be enough to ease that bottleneck I hope between the base of these two lifts. When I left to come back to the UK they had also managed to do some work on the lift pillon locating too by removing a couple of the old pillons and prepare the ground for the new ones. So that is all exciting stuff.

Now some pictures reconstructing the last few months in both local news (some of it was probably reported elsewhere and is now very old news but if I dont put it here I'll never know) and some personal photos too.

Some Brits needs to be rescued from the Isere river back in March!

The annual Spring golf challenge kicked off

The annual (and unofficial world junior ski championships) Scara came to town in the Spring too for more fun and frolics

There was some awesome Spring skiing and touring to be had!

As the season finishes up the builders move in and work starts. Amongst many building sites the SkiWorld run property is being knocked down and totally redveloped!

After 42 years working on the STVI lifts, Livio retired on the same day that the lift he spent most of his later years working on was also decommissioned; the Solaise Cable Car.

The Solaise Express moves on to pastures new!

The snow clearing starts on the D902 up from Le Fornet up to the Col d'Iseran.

The Solaise Cable Car cable is severed.

Summer ?!?!?! has finally arrived in Val d'Isere!

Olivias 2nd birthday cake

Family holiday to Cornwall and a lovely walk on the beach

Walk with Daddy!!!!

On Lake Annecy!!
ski holidays
Great to have you back! I was sorry to hear about your dad but as you say it was expected and it was good you were able to be there

Excellent report....must mean winter is on the way!
ski holidays
Great to have you back love reading your reports both summer and Winter 😀👍
snow report
Great to catch up!
snow report
Welcome back.
snow conditions
Welcome back Steve. Sincerest condolences about your dad, but you can at least be thankful you were there for him.

Hope you enjoy the rest of the summer as best you can, and happily you have an amazing family to enjoy it with you.
latest report
Lovely post, Steve, welcome back! But, of course, so sorry to hear about your father.
snow conditions
Welcome back Steve after the testing times over the last few months, which must have been difficult for you and your family. Hope things are getting easier for you.
snow conditions
@Steve Angus, Welcome back and glad to hear you had spent some time with dad.
Looking forward to your pics for this season snowHead
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Great to have you back Steve. Sorry for your loss.
As usual, a fine report and brings us up to speed. Love the photo of the cable being cut Shocked
ski holidays
Another month passes and Val d'Isere has been on top form this Summer again!

Well August has come around which means that it is time for another monthly update!

Firstly thank you once again for nice comments - it really is appreciated!

So the past month has been split in three really. Lots of work on cricket matches one after another back in the UK (will be heading back to the UK for more matches to work on next week again for 3 weeks) and then from mid July have been back in Val splitting my time between completing the garage storage space and getting another project set up for later this year and then also doing lots of family things!

Here in town the building of the new Solaise gondola has been going from strength to strength. I have a couple of videos courtesy of Radio Val d'Isere which shows some unique views of the lift being built. There is a LOT of helicopter work that is for sure. For the heavy lifts of the big pylons etc they call in the big Puma heli. So as I write all the pylons are now in place (and all the old pylons for the old chair and cable car have been pulled out) and much of the work on the towers like sensors etc are now being attached. The top and bottom stations are very much taken shape but far from finished but you dont need too much imagination anymore! The cable should start to be attached in the next couple of weeks and then later in August and through September the stations will be finished as the car are added and initial tests of the motor and gearing system starts. That leaves October then for the finishing touches before November will see all the testing and signage and licensing before staff training on the lift including emergency evacuation practices and then the lift will be ready for the resort opening at the end of November.

https://www.facebook.com/1130303713650017/videos/1634249599922090/ and https://www.facebook.com/1130303713650017/videos/1639019279445122/

Talking of the dismantling of the old cable car... plans are being considered by the town council for a huge increase in the footprint of the Tete du Solaise building and restaurant at the moment (when it was agreed to take away the chair and cable car the restuarant were promised a pay back in terms of planning consideration for a large building set up up there. Part of the plans they are still looking at include utilising the defunct top station of the building into a boutique hotel (amongst other things).... decisions soon I think.

The town hosted their now annnual Electric Car Expo a couple of weeks back with all sorts of electric cars. Town (due to things like this) has felt quite busy and there has been quite a buz around town this Summer which has been nice. We have had our fair share of thunderstorms etc but there were some great firework displays too and even one night then ended up (somehow) both happening at the same time as each other!

I was sitting at home quite late in the evening a couple of weeks back when there was an earthquake in northern Italy too... only about 50 miles away.... I certainly felt the ground moving for about 30 seconds but nothing fell off shelves or anything that severe but still I can say I have felt my first earthquake now!

The French equivalent of the Red Arrows did a display around about Bastille Day over Val one day (well some of them in actual fact whilst doing a practice display). It was pretty cool to be sitting in the flat and hear them roar overhead to see this:

This past weekend was the annual town fete and fayre and there was the crazyness of the float display.... again courtesy of Radio Val:

https://www.facebook.com/1130303713650017/videos/1636285083051875/ and http://www.webtvvaldisere.com/upload_vids/2016-07-31%20F%C3%AAte%20du%20Vieux%20Val%20-%20Le%20D%C3%A9fil%C3%A9%20de%20Chars.mp4

So that pretty much brings you up to date with what the most of the past month has been all about especially in Val. Personally I picked up a few pics of my own too:

- This was a few weeks back - the building of the base station for the new gondola has progressed since this but still its looking pretty good.
- Over in Tignes Olivia has fallen in love with playing on the bouncy castles etc... for only a few euros you get 30 mins or more on them.
- Taking a pedestrian pass up to the top of the Toviere lift from Tignes Le Lac you get good views down towards the Val slopes (Marmottes lift amongst others in view). Not that you will be able to see on this photo but I could see that there was a crane set up by the Folie Douce so I am guessing that once again they are busy building something there.... each Summer there is always another addition isnt there!
- Again in Tignes the actual Lac is the focus of attention in the Summer. We took a pedalo out on the water which was very peaceful... in fact there are all sorts of water based activities going on... watching people descend the water slide into the water was particularly fun to watch... wet suits definitely required!

So that brings you up to date. I will be back back in about a months time... I am hoping that the remainder of the month continues warm and sunny as it has been for most of the past month (touching 30 C a few times) but of course it wont be long until Autumn is in the air!

TTFN
latest report
I have had a great week in Tignes/Val this week, in our "still new to me apt".

I have seen everything Steve has posted up, so now I dont need to add any photos!
ski holidays
Summer is drawing to a close but it lasts longer in the Alps

Whilst it may be true that the Summer is drawing to a close, the school (here as much as in the UK) have gone back and the 'holidays' are over the Summer vibe is still about. It was nearly 30 degrees again today. I cant believe another month has slid by!

So what has happened in the last month - well as usual a lot.

I had a few more days in Val after the last update - just enough time for Olivia to perfect her counting to 10 and then she is now counting to 10 in French too - the joys of growing up in a truly bi-lingual environment! There was a few more resort events such as the food and cultural show as well.

The usual weekly kids show in town keeps everyone entertained and the content changes each week!

The Ouilllette rocks all Summer long if you could be bothered to get yourself up there this Summer - from next Summer onwards it should be SOOOO easy!

Whilst we are talking about the Solaise side of things work has continued apace on the new Solaise Gondola and as I type they have about half the cable on the pylons already and give it another couple of weeks the cabins should start being put on the tracks... the top and bottom lift station is nearing completion too.... so all in all we are well on track for an October finish which will allow a month of testing etc ready to welcome the first guests this Winter. The question however remains as to what to do with the old top lift station area for the Solaise cable car.... as I have mentioned before there has been talk of having a boutique hotel up there. However the owners of the Tete du Solaise really would like to maximize their position of strength in terms of bargaining power they gained when effectively a lot of passing customers are now quite literally going to be doing just that - ie. passing right by in the gondola. Anyway they have submitted architects drawings which look exciting!

New Solaise top lift station

... and back in the real world the actual new Solaise Gondola cabins being delivered!

For me personally the month has had a few ups and down (as has always been the case in the last few months and year).

I got back to the UK to do some more work on the cricket and immediately I was off to an old university friends wedding in Old Woking and what a lovely catch up it was - a real trip down memory. A lovely day!

I also managed to catch a couple of cricket matches - one at Southampton where I normally go but also to Lords thanks to a friend who is a member - it was rather exciting to be invited / signed in, to the Pavillion after the match finished but it was a lovely day. Hoping England can win the series 5-0 tomorrow!

There was also the Bournemouth Air Show too - although the weather was not the best for the few days the advantage of my mother living so close to the cliff tops is the free air display we always get - the Red Arrows were as always amazing!

However on the sad side of things Mum and I scattered Dads ashes along the cliff top one beautifully sunny and calm morning... it was a perfect morning for doing it and although rather sad occasion I now know that Dad is resting at one of his favorite places.

There was even more 'excitement' when the neighbouring flat to my mums caught fire last Wednesday - I was taking mum out to lunch that day before heading back to Val the following day. Anyway we came back to find 5 fire engine appliances on scene and a lot commotion! Cutting a long story short no one was injured, the fire was put out quickly but the actual fire, smoke and water damage didnt really extend to my mums flat but three neighbouring places were gutted. The communal areas were badly affected which is a problem and there was lots of toxins in the air and there is a film layour of soot in my mums flat not to mention the fire crews had to break her door down to make sure no one was inside. So mum is now in a rest-bite section of a home whilst the insurers do their thing and it could be a few weeks before she is back home! OH dear.... please no more bad news and events this tear please!

And that brings you back up to date almost. I grabbed a lift with the courier who was bringing literaly £000's worth of stuff back here to Val for me to do this Autumn refurb of an apartment I am doing... we arrived back on Thursday which was also our wedding anniversary!

So that really brings everyone up to date. Things really are now starting to take off in relation to next Winter and bookings so if anyone is yet to book their holidays and lessons then get planning away as things are now starting to fill up!

Cheers everyone - until next month stay safe.
snow report
Good to hear that things are OK Steve!

More bad news for you from me I am afraid. I have booked a number of lessons with you this season lol. Try not to get too depressed!
latest report
Can't believe I missed these last few updates. I was only thinking the other day when you would be back.

Can I too offer my condolences to you and your family but also say welcome back Steve. Looking forward to reading your posts and seeing your photos this winter.
snow conditions
Thanks for your continued updates from Val d'Isere.

I was thinking about your Dad last weekend when watching the Scottish Airshow at the weekend.

Looking forward to the upcoming season and hope to have a few weeks in Val d'Isere to see the new lift changes.
snow conditions
Philip1972 - arghhh i better run for cover - ha ha only kidding - looking forward to it - see you soon!
halfhand - thanks! im looking forward to Winter now too!
muppet - the really ironic thing is that the Scottish Airshow was at Ayr wasnt it... and I lived in my first house with my parents near the low green in Ayr and Dad was chief flying instructor at Prestwick Airport in the late 70's / early 80's.... small world eh!

Anyway back onto the topic of this months updates!

Ill start with some photos this time.

After I got back to Val early September it has been pretty much non stop work on this property renovation that I am doing.... that has been keeping me very busy (and will do for November too). However it has not been all work. We had a nice little walk one Sunday up to the Dome and went Marmot spotting - Olivia loved it and we got quite close to some of them!

We had a really wonderful weekend in Annecy too. We took a static caravan for the weekend at a camp ground. The weather was stunning as it was into the 30's and we had a last fix for things like a BBQ and family bike ride!

Back in Val the new Solaise gondola really has nearly finished and they have already started doing test runs on the cables so we are getting there now!

Olivia had a couple of days off creche a week or two back as she is generally quite run down and picked up a little bug so Clare was fratically working during the day at Le Toviere and I was doing daddy day care and then at night we were swapping over so that I could continue to progress with this refurb!

Meanwhile I was also overseeing the onerous amount of faff required to get mums flat habitable again even though it was not directly affected by the fire! There have been a lot of phone calls and emails back and forth and mum has enjoyed her time to some extent in a restbite section of a care home. Anyway when I got back to the UK on Tuesday having driven overnight and moved back in to her flat. However the horrid year continued as we then found out that her boiler was up the spout so that has occupied the last few days of my time too!

Val has been rather quiet... all the tourists really are now all gone. The days are certainly shorter and we had our first frost the other morning too. There was also snow atop the Solaise for a few mornings too.... so Winter is on the way!

So that brings you all up to date - not a particularly exciting update this time around but then again it is not a particularly exciting time of the year.

Tomorrow we take mum on her dream holiday of a lifetime that she has always wanted to do - to Rome. So I had better make it a short one as I havent actually packed yet - woops!

TTFN
latest report
Hi Steve.
Are you planning on doing periscope updates again this season? I really enjoyed them last season.
snow report
smagsmith - sure will be yes!
snow report
Last update before Winter really starts

Well yes folks another month has passed and another busy month it has been.

Following on from where we finished before.... we had a lovely week in Rome.... the sun shone, the food was good, it was relaxing and we had a couple of great trips from our beautiful villa into the centre of Rome to do the tourist bits.

As soon as we were back from there it was the usual October dash around the UK catching up with friends and family. Based back at Clares mother and step fathers in Hungerford, Berkshire it is a perfect base. There were trips into London and family and friends get together. Clare and I also managed to squeeze in a couple of days away in Bath to celebrate my birthday but also as a late birthday present from her father - we had a great couple of days with Olivia being looked at by granny (and spoilt wrotten).

No sooner had that finished but it was time for me to pack up and hit the road back here to Val where I have been the last few days continuing with this large renovation project I have to finish before the season starts... about 4 more long weeks to go on that front so should be OK timewise!

Meanwhile in Val it has been down time... the resort is always quiet during Toussaint 2 week school holidays which are on at the moment - there are no tourists around and the locals are fitting in a last holiday before Winter arrives. The tour ops have not arrived yet so all in all it is a quiet time of the year.

However the school kids have been spending time with persons such as the gendarmes and fire service in Val whereby they are taught about what they do - some pretty cool extra-curricular things really!

The first snows have also been arriving and the road up to the Col d'Iseran has since closed (since this photo was taken a couple weeks back!)

Meanwhile back in London there has been the ski show which seems to have gone down well but just before the show there was the World Snow Awards ceremony - distinguished members of the UK snow community (such as Henry Druce of Daily Mail Ski Mag below) come together. They decided that Val d'Isere would be awarded 3 top awards...

Best Ski Resort in Europe, Best Global Ski Resort[b] and Best apres resort[/b] - so all in all a successful event. Well done Val.

The new solaise gondola is undergoing its final testing now and all the cabins are on the cable but the cabins remain wrapped up under protective sheeting for now.... so the safety certificate should be issued anytime now and then the staff can get trained in how it works and final snagging can take place so we are ready for the launch of the new lift in less than 4 weeks time.... until then the snow is coming nicely and nighttime temps are below freezing constantly and there are signs of snow on the horizon so BRING IT ON.

I WILL BE BACK FOR DAILY UPDATES STARTING IN ABOUT 2/3 WEEKS TIME - until then.....
snow report
Time for an report on recent snow falls surely @Steve Angus, ? Looking forward to coming out over New Year and last week in March, my daughter Tilly who is 8, had lessons with Clare last year and has them booked for the two weeks. Are there any events around the village on NY Eve ? Fireworks etc? Thanks !
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy