Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The view from............ Val d'Isere and the Espace Killy

Poster: A snowHead
Challenge Angus Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
This is a fantastic thread! The MSG family is coming out to Tignes le Lac for first ever family ski holiday on Boxing Day, and I am so up for it! All my skiing has been in Scotland (almost all on Glenshee - brilliant place, fab crew looking after it), although Mrs MSG and number 1 son have both done European ski holidays on their own. Chose Tignes because it is snow sure and high altitude for (relatively) early in the season, and the more I see the more excited I am. Last year's equivalent week sounds a bit tough (late snow, then blizzards on arrival/departure causing transport chaos), but the arrival of winter this weekend is great news. Looking forward to following your thread until then.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
muppet - yes brought back something like 16 sculptures - all sorts of sizes and shapes.... there was two vans so one of us had it onboard!

smagsmith - glad you liked.... you were the 1st person to comment / say hello / ask a question or anything at all! But hang on a minute - having me run around looking for clues and going where the viewer asks me - it will turn into an all day thing at this rate....

HOWEVER I was thinking and I would like to invite people to ask questions when I am online and I shall try and answer as I go.... Especially when the season is actually in full swing and I am on the mountain when I broadcast I might be in the position to show technical things. I shall probably limit it to one Q and A a day or thereabouts... as I said short, sharp broadcasts is what it is all about. I am still trying to get the hang of holding, thinking, talking, panning the camera in the correct direction and read and info on the screen - all without umming and arghing too much. So bear with me!

MSG101 - you quite rightly sound excited - you'll LOVE it I'm sure. Keep enjoying my postings!

Todays update

The cold temperatures have persisted overnight and all day... as I type this at 2200 or so it is -14 here in town - chilly! It started rather cloudy and overcast but slowly improved as the day went on. Clare was out for her second day on her 1st aid course so Olivia and I had a chilled hour or two before braving the cold and getting out there. I know I said I would not post photos of her in the snow but I think something like this is OK!

She spent a little more time attempting to trudge through the snow which was positive but the cold got to her eventually so we retreated back home.

I realised that I have not shown too many photos of around town so far since being back so this photo hopefully shows an interesting sight... the new building where the Pedrix Blanche used to stand right in the centre of town... I am still not 100% sure whether this is going to be apartments or a hotel or what (I think I did hear but cant remember now what the word on the street finally was). However I do know that they are building a new restaurant at the bottom of this new build and it will be called (a little tacky IMHO) the Fondue Factory! They have been working flat out all Summer and the crane came down on Wednesday and now they are stone cladding the outside and fitting out the restaurant etc.... dont know whether it will be finished in time - we shall see!

This afternoon Clare and I took Olivia up to our friends Gav and Lou's up in the Richards at the top end of town... mainly as a play date for Olivia with their young daughter. However we all ended up eating Lasagne together and the girls had fun. It turned into a nice chilled afternoon and evening in the end over a couple of beers.

In local news .... it is a combination of happy faces due to the new snow, people running around like headless chickens with training for chalet companies and builders finishing of before next Saturday and apart from that every day the resort is gearing up for the first visitors of the season. Indeed it is now only a few days until the Early Season Bash over in Tignes. I am going to try and see whether I can perhaps get over for a day / half a day for a ski so may catch up with people then!

Final thing to mention is the link to todays video... please have a look, spread the word, download the app to your phone so you can see the broadcasts live (or watch on 'catch up' later - thats cool by me), interact and get the latest goings on from the best place in the world - I'm not biased - honest! 'Following' me (or on Twitter) / retweeting / reposting would be cool too - and hitting those 'hearts' all helps. Anyone coming to Val d'Isere or Tignes during the season will hopefully get a really good picture of what is happening out here. Sorry that all sounded like a hard sell - not intentional - I'm just excited by this new facet to my offering!

Here it is:

https://t.co/ZXX0EBeHl2
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
P.s. Meant to say they pisted Plan M (and there will be plenty of others too) on the Solaise today... get that base going for the season - yay!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
👍
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Just booked with a friend for Val for next Sunday with VIP and an early season 3 day clinic with you guys Steve. Hopefully a bit more snow before then but the forecast is swinging wildly this far out - hopefully the "dumping Sunday/Monday" one turns out closer to the truth. wink

Cheers,
Dave.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Blooming technology

You may all be wondering where I was on Twitter and my live video on Periscope today... well simply Orange FR seem to be having problems all over the region today... I was getting a full mobile phone signal but only with 'E' (Edge) connectivity available so that gave me about GPRS speed.... and the internet WIFI was down too. So all in all my carefully planned pics etc and video broadcast never materialised - doh!

So today started with the thermometer showing -18 (brrr) and I was in charge of 'de-neiging' the car and getting it ready as Clare and I were headed to Tignes as we are looking at possibly buying a new investment little place over there. Getting the car ready for the road took way longer than planned. Anyway we spent a good couple of hours and saw three properties.... we may put an offer in on a place in Val Claret - just possibly!

As soon as I got back to town I was straight back to the Aquila (planned to do the Periscope then) and on with the work up there!

The resort is getting busier and busier by the day and the place seemed rammed today with hundreds of workmen and their vans doing jobs left, right and centre. As well as that there are groups of new seasonnaires stuck in their chalet company groups (Im not knocking them just observing) moving around town. So the resort is in that final transitionary period before the holiday makers start arriving.

In fact there are plenty of simulation meals and drinks parties going on... there is one this evening at the VIP Aspen Lodge on the highstreet... Clare and I are tag teaming it so she is there now and I head there in about an hours time!

It was lovely and sunny today with hardly a cloud in the sky but to be honest it was only about 2pm when you could feel anything in the suns rays! Once again this evening the temps are plummeting and it may get as cold as -20 tonight!

nemesys - yes I can see that you and a Nicholas have booked on the Challenges clinic next week.... in fact by pure coincidence it looks like I am taking that clinic (it could change around and be someone else by the time next week comes around but you never know it may 'stick' with me!).... I may meet you then!

The photo today comes courtesy of the Val Pisteurs - they are working hard to get the netting etc set up for the Womens Downhill / SG course down to La Daille... only a few weeks until the World Cup rolls into town.

I think that is about all for today folks - not the most exciting update but hopefully tomorrow will bring something else to write about but either way as long as the internet is back up and running it should make life easier - what did we ever do without it!

TTFN
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
That would be great to meet you. We're staying at the Aspen Lodge so you'll have to let us know how they did!
Cheers,
Dave.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ooooh it looks super-chilly. Beautiful though!!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi Steve

Good to see you back in Val and posting again. How can you say that last post wasn't exciting? The build up, prep and anticipation for a new season is plenty exciting for me.

I'll be out to Val with Mrs Sno Trax at the beginning of Feb but we've got a trip to 3v over the Christmas period to do first.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@MSG101, I'm out with the kids on that day too, may see you on the coach , can't wait !!!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Agree with @sno trax, what could be better than building the excitement nicely and a picture of snow-covered mountains!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
nemesys - it was a good night at the Aspen Lodge last night - you'll have a great time.

We have internet again

It turns out that the reason why the internet etc had problems in town yesterday was that a major fibre optic cable in the Tunnel de Sioux (just outside Moutiers) was severed accidentally by working yesterday - whoops! Anyway all well now.

sno trax and White Fox - OK I suppose I just didn't think it was exciting but then again mountains + snow + looking holidays and skiing = excitement - point taken! Maybe I'm being too hard on myself!

So today was a good day.... it was a little warmer than it had been yesterday and once again this evening it is not too cold... only -8!!!! I was up and out early to get to Aquila to finish my work up there.... at lunchtime I managed a Periscope and I really like to think I am getting the hang of how it works... and even got asked some questions live that I was able to answer. Keep spreading the word please and liking etc.

Anyway this was today... must be careful they dont get too long - as I said 2/3 minutes is my target - this one was about 4 - I suppose occasionally that is OK!

https://t.co/OdVKBVssbz

After lunch - yummy lunch at Cheviot - such great food.... I was off down to La Daille and a Le Ski chalet... some plastering (more like hole filling) in block work walls... after a leak this Summer there had been some excavating...

I got back home to spend a couple of quality hours with Olivia. Clare was in town to meet up with some other mothers of youngsters as they are trying (with the help of the Mairie) to get a children's support group going.

And that pretty much brings you all up to date.

The forecast is for more snow moving in overnight tonight and for the next few days so I really think those coming for opening weekend are going to have great conditions!

This photo gives a good overview of the new layout (looking with Val (the town of) behind you) at the top of Solaise. Photo courtesy of Radio Val d'Isere

Lovely day in town

TTFN
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Looks fantastic. My OH is away weekend after next. I'm seriously thinking of trying for a sneaky couple of days in the Alps Madeye-Smiley (out after she goes and back before she returns wink )
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Arriving in 15th December for 5 days can't wait now 8 of us arriving for some intense skiing

Steve Angus great updates and the periscope keeps me smiling with the updates - keep up the good work
ski holidays
@Steve Angus,
Quote:

so I really think those coming for opening weekend are going to have great conditions!

Thanks for great updates and images again! Hope you don't mind me asking, whether you think most lifts in EK likely to operate for whole of first week, given good snow conditions?
Also if just pitching up in Val D or Tignes on Friday/Saturday this week there's a decent chance of finding a room through to Friday?
Quote:

This photo gives a good overview of the new layout (looking with Val (the town of) behind you) at the top of Solaise.

That photo clarifies the new top of Solaise developments. Quite a long magic carpet. I've dozed off standing up on shorter ones than that!
snow report
Awesome snow surprise on periscope this morning Steve - thank you! That was me getting excited about next week on the live broadcast. Some of the usually more reliable forecast sources seem to be way out for the second time in a week. They were saying 10-15cm at the top and minimal at the bottom.

Some very conflicting forecasts for the weekend out there too. Fingers crossed for more light snow, cold temperatures and little wind..... Little Angel

Cheers,
Dave
snow report
I watched the periscope yesterday @Steve Angus, and it's nice for a newbie to get a feel for the place live in real time.

Another newbie question for you and any other EK veterans if I may, how long would it take to ski from Tignes le Lac to Le Fornet and how long back versus the bus? And would it make a big difference to time doing Germain Mattis and then getting the Laisinant lift up and skiing down from there rather than taking the up and over?

We will have kids and wives in ski school (Esprit and I assume that will be 9am to noon) and although I imagine we will mostly be skiing around Tignes and the Bellevarde, I (and no doubt my two mates) will want to explore le Fornet and Solaise as well, I guess for a long morning each before either heading back for a late lunch or getting the girls (and maybe kids) to join us.

It's hard to get a handle on how long some of the longer runs would take to ski, assuming a couple (or more) stops on the way down.
ski holidays
@White Fox,

Up the Toviere lift out of Le Lac. Options then - all the way down to Le Daille and then bus all the way to Le Fornet or ski and lifts to Bellevarde and down the Face (worse bits can be avoided). Up solaise express. Ski to Glacier lift, up and ski down to up and over for Le Fornet. If trying to do Le Fornet and back between 9am and noon you would be mostly travelling. Not much difference in time bus + cable car up etc or doing the up and over. I have made it back from the up and over to Le Lac in 40mins but I would allow an hour or more if you have young kids in tow. The runs down from solaise can be very icy and novices might want to take the lift down. Personally I would try to organise it so the wives/kids meet you in Val if possible and give yourself most of the day.

Le Fornet and Solaise are good "motorway" areas. Make sure you leave enough time, if over there in the afternoon, to get back to the bottom of the Tommeuses lift before it shuts (up the Olympic lift from the middle of Val and ski down to it from Bellevarde). There is a crossroads of pistes approaching it - keep and eye out.

In short allow at least an hour each way. A little more if you are in Le Fornet.
When are you out? - I am in one or the other of the resorts from Saturday until the New Year. May be able to organize a meet up and I can show you around a bit
ski holidays
@White Fox, Another newbie question for you and any other EK veterans if I may, how long would it take to ski from Tignes le Lac to Le Fornet and how long back versus the bus? And would it make a big difference to time doing Germain Mattis and then getting the Laisinant lift up and skiing down from there rather than taking the up and over?

I think the fastest way from Tignes would be to ski down to La Daille, and then bus to Lasinant. -- That way you'll avoid the queues at the Solaise chair. Having said that ---- you'd spend more time in the bus than you would on your skis ! I would suggest that -- if you really want to go to the Fornet area you negotiate a whole day pass from your better halves. You should also have in mind the closing time of the Borsat and Tommeuse chairs (4:30) for the return.

It's also worth remembering that you a will be skiiing in the week with the shortest day in it. The light does get worse from quite early in the afternoon ... so a late lunch may preclude much afternoon fun.

Having said all that, there is lots to do just in Tignes, and the other areas will still be there the next time you visit Very Happy
latest report
White Fox wrote:

Another newbie question for you and any other EK veterans if I may, how long would it take to ski from Tignes le Lac to Le Fornet and how long back versus the bus?

Others have answered the question but just to be 100% sure - you don't mean getting the bus back from Val to Tignes do you? If so then I think you would get an expensive taxi shock. I don't think you meant that but better to be safe. wink

Also I will say that those timings given above are dependent on your speed of skiing and lift queues too.
latest report
Thanks guys. I'd rather ski than get the bus but if there's not much time difference, ski it is.

It sounds like the Fornet needs to the day where the boys get an afternoon pass and maybe meet the girls for lunch at Solaise another day (or head there for the morning and ski back for that late lunch around 2.30ish).

@Mark1863, we're there 13th-20th Dec so I may well see you out there for some local expertise.
ski holidays
Thanks @nemesys, no I meant a bus to Fornet. I know I've got to ski back before Tommeuses closes. It was my rubbish punctuation!
snow report
There is a bus service now between Val D and Tignes in the winter.
latest report
@White Fox, take the up and over lift. It's amazing, particularly great views when traveling from Le Fornet to Solaise
ski holidays
@White Fox, Assuming your family are all up for it --- and you can make the time to do so -- the Lac de l'Ouillette restaurant id worth a visit....
ski holidays
That's at Solaise, right? I better not combine that with the up and over. I think Mrs Fox is more worried about the chairlifts than the skiing so I'll do that bit with the lads. It does look amazing.

How does l'Ouilette compare to Edelweiss - there's nothing like "stumbling" on a nice restaurant in the middle of a run?

How long does the bus take from Lac to Fornet? That might be a way to get the girls over quicker rather than sending them down the Face.
snow conditions
A nice surprise

Well it snowed HARD overnight - a good 20cm or so but more than that it continued hard all day (and it is still going) so since this time last night we have had about 40cm which means in total since the weekend we have had a good 80cm or snow now. IN FACT THERE IS SO MUCH SNOW so far that the pisteurs did some PIDA prevention work this evening on the Face and gave it a few blasts in the top accumulators!. Don't get me wrong this is not a 'HUGE' and record breaking amount - they are just taking precautions - better than having no snow to play with like this time last year!

The Pisteurs have announced that they are still trying to decide (this current snowfall and any more before the weekend will be vital) what they are going to be able to open in terms of runs this opening weekend and onwards. They are confident they will have stuff open to La Daille but the amount of snow needed to build a safe and solid base means Le Face and Plan M on Solaise may or may not be able to be opened.... I suspect both will open but it is to be confirmed!

Today seems to have been a very busy one.... digging car out, work in La Daille in a Le Ski chalet plastering a small area of a wall and then Clare called me to say that Olivia was ill.... She was not eating much yesterday, was sick at breakfast time and then again mid morning. She took a nasty fall yesterday and hit her head therefore we thought she may have concussion. Anyway cutting a long story short she didn't eat lunch and was not herself (she didnt go to creche today anyway) so we took her to the doctor and he said she had a virus. So going to the pharmacy and other bits and pieces were the order of the afternoon.... and although I dont feel like I did anything in particular it seems to have been a flat out day! Clare ended up doing 3 loads of washing with all the sick incidents and now the flat looks a little like a Chinese laundry!

https://t.co/cxgtGZGzYu
Todays Periscope complete with my 'analysis' of this lovely 'skiers snow' we are receiving right now!

Another tour operators' staff seem to have arrived in town today - there were hordes of Ski Total staff all over the place doing orientations / treasure hunts or whatever their managers had lined up for them. They were seen asking various persons for directions for this and that and writing (answers I guess) on pieces of paper!

On my walk back from putting our car in the Face parking this evening I got a call from Killy Sport to let me know that our new skis have all been mounted (I really need to chase the insurance company to let me know when the car can be fixed as it should have been sorted by now (the repair that is!). Killy are mounting a total of 3 sets of skis for Clare and I and Patrick in there is great and so helpful. Anyway on the walk back home I walked past the ice rink and it dawned on me that there is more sporting options in Val d'Isere than just skiing and snowboarding and this ice-rink is a pretty chilled (excuse the pun) way to spend some apres ski time!

intermediate - lots but not all runs will the open - no! Getting a bed for just a couple of nights - yup should be OK in most hotels but you may have to do the leg work emailing or calling around or get a UK travel agent to do the leg work for you - should get lucky!

Reading the various comments above... the bus from Tignes only goes to the centre of Val and then you have to change to the other free 'Train Rouge' around Val and up to Fornet! As someone said above going from Lac to Fornet is lots of travel time and skiing in Fornet in particular you are better of making a day of it! In general be careful of the Face / Solaise red coming and going as they can not only be tricky runs at the times of day you could be coming through but also the lifts at the bottom of Solaise (for example) can be bottlenecks! Restaurants - Ouillette is not a restaurant per se and more a self service but classy / tasty lunch stop - think homemade quiches etc. Edelweiss is a different sort of scenario - sit down and served lunch! Both nice!

That's all for now folks - fingers crossed Olivia has a good nights sleep - so far so good!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Steve Angus, Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

@White Fox,
Quote:

That might be a way to get the girls over quicker rather than sending them down the Face.

The fastest way down is the Olympique bubble,

Quote:

How does l'Ouilette compare to Edelweiss

They are both very good. The Ouilette is a little different in that is has a barbeque going outside - and a very large terrace, so (on a sunny day) it's a very nice lunch stop. It's also closer to Tignes so saving you some time.

I wonder if you ought to have a " @White Fox, 's excited Espace Killy questions" thread ?
snow conditions
@Steve Angus, I hope your daughter is feeling better. The combination of a banged head and throwing up is guaranteed to get a parent worrying.

@ski,
Quote:

I wonder if you ought to have a " @White Fox, 's excited Espace Killy questions" thread ?

Hmm. And there was me thinking I was hiding my excitement with the stealth of a member of the special forces Very Happy . Hopefully that's it for the questions for now. I don't think I could handle the responsibility of my own thread and Steve did say he didn't mind.
latest report
.... its all good!
snow report

Moody weather!

As the photo above shows (those two are blatantly YSE girls walking to La Daille to practice their cooking skills on their pre season course - overheard them chatting recipes as they walked past - ha ha easy to spot a mile off!) the weather was rather moody in Val and Tignes today - not so much in the way of snow just some wind, clouds and the odd glimpse of the sun!

It was a pretty chilled day all in all. THANKS to those who commented about Olivia - she was much better today - we took it easy with her and kept her indoors but she seems back on form! I popped out this morning for a walk but generally worked through some emails etc from home and played with Olivia.

On my walk I discovered that the cinema in the centre of town seems to have been shut down for redevelopment and from what I could understand from the SAMSE advert outside it is going to be turned into shops or something.... Not sure where the cinema will be reopened - guessing at the Maison de Val! Hope that is soon otherwise that will be a real shame to be without the cinema for a season!

In other news the snow really is wonderful up there and they are planning on opening virtually everything this weekend higher up and a few runs down into the valley e.g. into La Daille and probably Plan M.... so looking excellent for Opening Weekend. The only down side is that there has now been some high winds at altitude and loading as a result. Even though we have not started the season yet officially there has already been people caught in a slide.... the video link below shows a slide over in Tignes today... I am not sure how aware the person was that there was going to be the possibility of a slide or not but I do know no one was injured in it but still a little slide already!

https://www.facebook.com/themountainecho/videos/10154586831428538/

Here is todays Periscope... as I mention in the video please keep sharing on either Twitter (@SteveAngusSnow / https://twitter.com/SteveAngusSnow) or on Periscope itself or keeping tapping the screen to give 'hearts' for the broadcast.... basically by building a good reputation I should think the videos will be a really good public service showing what conditions are like etc RIGHT THERE AND THEN - like having a webcam that comes right onto you phone wherever you are - but news of it needs to spread. As I mentioned in the video today I will be doing more updates on the mountain as well as ski tips etc. In fact to that point I am thinking of utilising one of the tools on the app.... the ability to direct Periscope someone.... so you the ready when you are out on the slopes (WHEREVER you are) take a video of you skiing or snowboarding.... hashtag me on Twitter or whatever and I will watch the video back and give you some feedback - FOR FREE of course as well as some tips on how to improve. As long as I dont get swamped I am happy to do this sort of thing for free for my SH friends!.

https://t.co/gfXo9TOEaz

Finally if anyone is coming out for the NTPSBA (Not The Pre Season Bash Again) in Tignes next week I have some exciting news..... well I hope people like it.... have posted on a one off thread elsewhere but basically I'm coming over to have a ski and if anyone wants me to have a look at their skiing (or snowboarding) then let me know.

More tomorrow

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Thu 26-11-15 21:58; edited 1 time in total
snow report
The buns look well cooked tho' Steve. wink

Dammit! I typed what I thought again Twisted Evil
snow report
halfhand wrote:

Pi**ing myself!
snow conditions
@Steve Angus, how busy is the resort going to be on opening day?

To anyone going on the bash this weekend, have great time! snowHead
ski holidays
RichardB wrote:
@Steve Angus, how busy is the resort going to be on opening day?

To anyone going on the bash this weekend, have great time! snowHead

Not too bad - certainly NOWHERE near school holidays... queues should be minimal. Lots going on such as ski tests but not bursting at seams!
latest report
halfhand wrote:

Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow report
@Steve Angus,finally signed into the Periscope and I think it's a fab ideabut blimey there are some weird and wonderful people out using it 😆 After seeing your vid down in La Daille we made up our minds as left it late this season and booked ourselves for a week in The Samovar, in Jan happy days⛷
ski holidays

Black Friday - nah White Friday

It really felt like the calm before the storm today. Most of the workmen have slunk away, the cranes down and the final few odd jobs done - well externally anyway (you cant work without paying large penalties outdoors in Val d'Isere in the Winter months).... its showtime and the lifts open first thing tomorrow morning! The weather tomorrow and over the weekend shows that there will be some snow around but I dont think it will be crazy.

Tomorrow the link to Tignes via Tommeuse will be open as well as most of the runs around the resort including the 'Plan' down Solaise... so most of the resort then! Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

Kiters - fantastic I tipped the scales to get your booking. Should have put a plug in for the Toviere hotel down there as that is where Clare works in the Summer and is there rival to the Samovar... however the Samovar is a great hotel in a good location down in La Daille - sure you will have a great holiday!

Todays scope https://t.co/KsWS3T8eTn (think Im getting bit better at thinking (pushing the pram in this case), chatting, reading and responding) I'm summarising some of the lift openings for tomorrow, chatting about looking after your gear early season and showing lots of nice shots of a sunny day in town. A reminder to video yourself skiing / snowboarding at some point - Twitter tag me @SteveAngusSnow and then ill look at the video and try and include feedback for you.

Today was in two very clear parts - I was at home this morning doing a few odd jobs - managed to get a few things done like get the following replica piste marker signs up on the wall at home. These were made along with about 15 others as table centres from our wedding by the SnowShepherd (is he still on here - cant find his username!) a few years back. Anyway they have been collecting dust for a couple of years and I thought it about time to get them up on the wall.

They represent three of my favourite runs in the Espace Killy - NOT my top 3 I hasten to add but certainly up there - however which would be your top 3 runs in the EK - QUEUE A VERY LONG DRAWN OUT DEBATE!!!!

Think that is all for now folks. Tomorrow the season finally starts!
snow conditions
Double M, Descente & Face for me if i had to choose 3 I also enjoyed combe folle though
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy