Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Knee Pain and Rehab ready for the season

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Well b****r me if only I had done an hour run about 6 weeks ago! My right knee has swollen up like a balloon so last weekend decided to do something about by going out on my training bike (nice soft seat and straight bars), which seemed to shift some swelling.

The point I am getting to is to pass on my top tips to all those with current ot historic knee injuries/problems - I have done 5 mornings (on top of my normal work out) of

5 sets of 25 squats but not to low with a bump stop (a weight bench) with very little weight

swimming 16 lengths with a float and merely kicking

The theory is, according to research with a Head Physio and a leag expert, these 2 exercises will increase the support around your knee!

That's it . . . cheers Mad
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
After having large chunk of MCL removed and suffering quite a bit of pain and problems, Army physio really helped my knee issues with similar(ish) routine:

Initially, swimming with float as Roche has said (can be so boring though), combined with aquajogger.

Then, lots and lots of single leg squats stood on a step, touching floor with straight leg (just body weight). Tapping floor in front of the step for so many reps then tapping floor to side of step . Add in weight as progress. One leg balancing on balance board. One leg standing jump on to trampet, but landing on one foot and balancing for a few seconds on one leg.

Then introduce leg curls and extensions.

Gradually build up over a couple of months.

Consultant that did my op said could forget about sports involving impact, but physio has helped me get back to pain-free running 8 minute miles with 20 KG bergan and kit on. He also keeps reassuring me that as long as I maintain the muscles that the exercises target I don't need to worry about wearing a brace. Have noticed though that now I'm far more prone to small calf and hamstring tears as they seem to be compensating for change in gait.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I guess the more the put in the more you get out.

Are you back skiing?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yes. Had initial period of gutted after chat with consultant where really did think would be too painful. But.....only difference noticed once got back on snow was that if on piste on wider waisted skis, knee would have had enough by lunch time and really start to ache. Using neoprene to keep knee that slight bit warmer helped slightly.

Last holiday I was on I saw a pair of twin tips I fancied trying so hired them for a day. Hadn't realised they were rockered and after got used to different feel, found that was pain-free even at end of day, figure is down to easier edge to edge transition. So this season converting to rockered skis and would recommend anyone else who suffers from knee pain to try some.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy