Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

hit a tree, knees never been the same!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Clipped a tree about 7 years ago and twisted my knee. It was ok till last year, when I twisted it again. I feel the pain on the inside of my knee( stabbing pain) I think its going to give way some times.
Is there any good knee brace’s that will stop it from twisting?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Roughneck, why not see a physio, who will be best placed to advise on the type of brace needed, if any. A physio appointment costs the same (or even half) of some of the braces out there.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Roughneck, See a Dr and get scan organised. You'll then find out what's really going on in your knee.
Without a scan, even the best dr or physio will only be guessing.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sorry, should have said I'm waiting at the moment for a scan. They think its MCL damage, not that they were very helpful!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Roughneck, I skied 45 days last winter, apparently with an MCL torn in 2 places (so I'm told).Had x-ray/MRI/Physio. All healed by summer, just being unglued and getting the local muscles working properly again (harder). I've been told that MCL's do heal well by themselves, so if your mishap was many years ago, imbalance may be worth investigating.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Roughneck, The scan will fill in the gaps. Remember, you can pay for your own scan and have it done quicker. I was told I had a 4 - 6 months wait with the NHS, I got a letter of referal, paid for it myself and had it done the same week. It meant the diagnosis and next phase of treatment was months earlier.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Roughneck, did my knee in quite badly about 5 years ago. 2 years ago MCL gave up the ghost - constant nagging pain going up gradients/steps and felt like would buckle going down. I'm guessing the MRI will probably show a tear that may or may not need surgery to trim/sort out. If has fully gone the knee actually locks from what remember being told about mine.

I've always been told by physios since then to forget brace, just concentrate on squats etc to strengthen the muscle, despite my work being far more stressful on knees than most. Think roche1800 started a thread on here where chatted about knee pain as well. One of my mates had similarish MCL op done same month as me and he was back out running a few weeks afterwards, mines took a bit longer but got there eventually and was back on slopes last year.

Good luck
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
See what I found out when I was having my knee "done" last week in the acl thread!
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=80426
Running commentary and video of the op, and then he dropped a wee bombshell on me!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Weathercam, I had same comment from consultant when was in rooting around mine. Said had done a good job on my acl as well at some point when I was much younger. When sat and thought about it - one very drunken night in the Dolomites came to mind when I managed to break ankle and lower leg on 1st day of a ski hol Wink

Good luck with the rehab and good point about DIN settings as I'm usually on Dukes and never even thought about changing my settings.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
FraserP, 4 - 6 months wait? that would be very unusual these days, the average wait in manchester is around 3 to 4 weeks from referral for mri scan, less for nous.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
If you get a long wait for a scan it might be worth having a think to see if you have any medical cover at your work which would cover the consultants visits and scans. As a civil servant I paid for Beneden Health care and this would cough up for something like that, so would the medical cover which my new employer gives me. Do you have anything like this?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy