Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Baselayer pants - 3/4 or full leg?

Poster: A snowHead
As the title says, which do you use / prefer?

I have some good full length ones but I'm worried that there would be rubbing inside the ski boot if I pulled my socks over them. Also, the bottoms are too narrow to fold back over my calves if that makes sense.

I have some 3/4 ones too but they're a pain as they don't sit high enough and ride down at the back all the time.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I would strongly recommend that you don't put anything inside your boots apart from feet and seamless socks! If you do, you will surely end up with pressure points and sores.

I rarely wear thermal leggings but, if I do, I make sure they are stretchy enough to bundle up above my boots.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I agree, you don't want them in your boots.

Go 3/4 a size or two on the big side.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have used both - have to say that the merino 3/4s I use now are the most comfortable combo. Just socks inside boots reduce the pressure points and seem to produce less clammy feet. Mine sit above my outsize cyclists calf with no issue, never go back to full longs.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
shootingmike,

3/4 Icebreaker 180's over Falke socks

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Fri 4-11-11 14:08; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I guess I'm lucky that my legs are so long and my boots relatively short, so that even the full length ones do not meet the top of my boots.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I just fold them back on themselves so they sit above the boot.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks for the replies, as I thought, not a good idea to put anything other than sock in a ski boot.

Looks like I need some more 3/4's then as the ones I have annoy me. They're quite shiny material and like I said, too short at the back so they expose the low back too easily.

Any recommendations for makes? I see someone above said icebreaker...
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I quite like the North Face ones
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
shootingmike wrote:
As the title says, which do you use / prefer?

I have some good full length ones but I'm worried that there would be rubbing inside the ski boot if I pulled my socks over them. Also, the bottoms are too narrow to fold back over my calves if that makes sense.

I have some 3/4 ones too but they're a pain as they don't sit high enough and ride down at the back all the time.

Put your socks on before your thermals, then it's easy to pull up the thermals a couple of inches so they clear the business bit of the boot without rucking up the socks
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
queen bodecia, got any photos?

I prefer 3/4s and have been known to take scissors to full length ones.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
under a new name, photos of base layers? They're all over the internet, use the google goddammit...
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
queen bodecia, No, these very long legs of yours. I'm quite a "legs" man... Twisted Evil
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
under a new name, bog right orf!

If it help I'm also old, fat and ugly. Now do stop being hormonal.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
queen bodecia, can't blame a chap for trying
snow report
Lowe Alpine dryflo tights all the way. Easy to fold up over top of boot as quite stretchy, thin and high wicking.
ski holidays
I have found 3/4 leg much better
ski holidays
shootingmike, if you already have long ones with too-tight bottoms to push up, just chop them off. I've done that with several, and they don't unravel - if they show signs of doing so, you could find some old lady who still knows how to sew to fix them for you. wink
ski holidays
Good idea! My mum sews..
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy