Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

05/06 Ski Gear Websites

Poster: A snowHead
The Salomon 05/06 website is now up and running.

www.salomonski.com
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
As is Atomic.

www.atomiski.com
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The Salomon copy and spelling are a shambles. Their copywriter should be given the
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
The Rossignol website can be found here but I'm not sure how up to date it is

Head can be found here though once again it might not be for this coming season
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Rossignol is still last year's kit. Not sure about Head.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
David Goldsmith, too right, what a dreadful set of websites. Looks like Google did the translations.

Why oh why do retail websites need to be so "animated". They just overcomplicate things - don't work well and occupy otherwise useful bandwidth.

GRRRR!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Head is also...at least it hasn't got the skis on that I tested on Sat at Castleford.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Does anyone know where to find reviews for '05/'06 rossi skis (B2's in particular) as i'm thinking about buying a pair....or does anyone have any reviews of their own??

Cheers...
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
www.untracked.com Go to the select brand drop down menu.

Bear in mind though that this is a retail website so "reviews" will be positive!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
The K2 skis website is also up and running and written in English!
www.k2skis.com
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
stumpy, welcome to snowHeads snowHead
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks very much Elizabeth B
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Chris_5000 wrote:
Does anyone know where to find reviews for '05/'06 rossi skis (B2's in particular) as i'm thinking about buying a pair....or does anyone have any reviews of their own??

Cheers...

Chris, do a search in the Epicski comsumer review forum - there's loads of stuff re the latest B2's & it's differences v last years model etc.

In fact Epic is way ahead of us on the subject of 05/06 model skis. I think it's because the US actually got many of the 05/06 model skis before the end of the 04/05 season, giving people time to test etc. The manufacturers distributors also get their US websites up & running before ours.

I certainly wouldn't use any magazine reviews as an indication of a skis performance. Better to go to the users at snowHeads, Epic & TGR etc for an honest opinion.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Now this is a cool website...
http://www.blizzard.at/
Somehow this seems to be a brand that not many people talk about these days. I tried some of their freeriders in deep slush a couple of years ago and was deeply impressed. Anyone else gathered any experience with Blizzard?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Their slalom (race and citizen race-carve) skis were really good value for the money.

The twintips (Sigma XXL, XL in previous years) are flexed for much stronger skiers than the length would indicate. Last year at Alta, I watched a level 4 male skier (65kg) and a level 6 female skier (75kg) attempt to ski the 159cm Sigma XL. Utter fiasco: the L4 couldn't initiate a turn, the L6 (she skis Explosivs in 165cm) was reduced to windshield-wiper turns and almost to crying. It was BAD. WIth my 90 some kg, if I expected speed enough to attempt to keep up with ssh, I might go for the 169cm
latest report
spyderjon,

Europe also gets many of next year's skis at the end (even the start) of the previous season. You just need to know a few of the right people to get a go!
ski holidays
beanie1 wrote:
You just need to know a few of the right people to get a go!

I do now wink

The thing is the US is that the public can often buy them. I know guys in the US who bought 05/06 Atomics in March from their local dealers.
latest report
You can sometimes buy them in Europe too. Sometimes dealers get demo pairs that they'll sell - not sure if they are really meant to though!
snow report
Yeah, no names, but Glide and Slide do that.

You haven't seen me, alright!
ski holidays
marc gledhill wrote:
Yeah, no names, but Glide and Slide do that.

You haven't seen me, alright!

Shocked I never had you down as a 'grass'.
snow report
realskiers.com has just posted the 05/06 reviews
ski holidays
Back to the original topic, I just found the new Rossi site. It's just as absolutely dismal as the rest of them.

Crap crap crap.

Why why why do manufacturers insist on flash animation, music, etc. If I want to listen to cool choons I'll use my iPod thanks. If I had one. All this crap just gets in the way and uses bandwidth. I was accessing over 512Mb Homechoice (badchoice) and it was so slow as to be nearly worthless.

Y Y Y do they not simply give me the information I want? (ski specs, intended audience, etc.)

Do they employ professional web designers? I don't think so.
snow conditions
David Murdoch, It is called form over function. Web designers oftern design websites without considering the user in mind. They think clever animation is the order of the day but a website is purely a place to get information as quickly and efficiently as possible. Therefore simplicity is a must. They probably do employ professional designers but they have no idea of how peple actually use or want to use the site.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy