Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Childrens Ski boots

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My son is four years old and will be skiing regularly almost every week next winter whilst we live in the Alps. I'm keen to buy him some ski boots but are there any boots to particularly look out for or indeed to avoid ?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Frosty, at that age other than getting them fitted in the resort I'd say just take advice from the bootfitter
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
he could turn out to have quite strong opinions on the subject, and he might not have much clue as to what feels "right" when he first tries them on. It might be possible to negotiate with a local hire shop for him to try out a few with a view to buying when you've found the right one. That would limit you to the models that shop had available, but would reduce the chance of an expensive mistake. one of my nieces had miserably cold feet, even as a (very keen) 4 year old. If your son suffers from the same, and you will be ski-ing in all weathers, might be worth thinking of footwarmers, if they make them that tiny. Must be an exciting time planning everything. Bonne chance.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
pam w, D G Orf, Thanks for your help. I perhaps should have explained that I'd seen some "good value" boots on e-bay that looked tempting and was really fishing for names of boots to avoid but given your comments I'm now definately going to buy in resort now and not be so tight !
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Frosty, If you are going to be in one resort for the whole season you may find that one of the local shops will give you a very good rate on hiring boots for your son, given that by next season he will definately need bigger boots why buy if you can hire for say half the price
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Frosty,from my experience with my daughter(now 8 ) I would avoid buying if poss.You have little to no chance of your son 'explaining' if they fit,or not!The guide I still use with my daughter is whether she mentions her boots during the day,or not(as the case may be)Buy,and your committed;hire and you can change,and most proberbly will?This past winter my daughter 'jumped' sizes mid way.Boots that were fine in Jan,were too tight by April Shocked
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
You'll find for 4 year olds that some of the boots are soft (like the Nordica Nordy range). I'd avoid those if you're going to expect her to do more than mess about on nursery slopes - which is almost certainly the case if you're going to be there all season. Other than that, just try to find a shop which actually stocks more than one model of small children's boot (which probably excludes a lot of them) and get the bootfitters to suggest based on the actual shape of her feet.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Okanagan, Just what I was aftersnowskisnow, Thanks also
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Frosty, I can con firm that my kids when younger would say that a boot fitted when the next day it obviously didnt. This can usually be traced to a desperation to build a snowman, eat tea, have a drink............anything really. I would rent at first.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy