Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Head Supershape Titan optimal length

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all! I'm novice here, hope my question is not rather stupid Smile Archives searching didn't help to find answer

What are your opinions of optimal Head i.Titan length for my (and hope, not my only) case? Level 8/10- skier, 6', 166lb, last ski - Atomic Metron B5, 162cm. From the posts and reviews here Titan seems to be a good replacement for it, but I wonder what length will be good for me (163 or 170), for B5 style of skiing (hyper-carving on piste in all conditions with occasional off-piste venturing). Do not want to loose manoeuvrability in quick turns but stability and some flotation are of concern too

Appreciate your advice very much
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
can't help with the length, but... wtf is a hyper carve?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
hypercarver=fancarver, B5 has 11,5m radius for 162cm, very tight turns
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Serpit, welcome to snowHeads. Go for the 170, maybe even the 177 model. If you want to carve tight turns tip them over on to their edge a bit more Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
At least 170. 165 is for slalom skis.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Yes, 163 seems short for me too, but I've seen some reviews of Titans and they advise to get shorter length then usually. So I had my doubts. In other side Titan radius is close to slalom skis, isn't it? This is "all-mountain slalom ski"Smile
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Serpit, the radius is 13.5m for the 170, slightly longer for the 177cm version. I don't know where you read that you should ski the Titans short - no need for that in my opinion. It's a solid piste performance ski with a little bit more width underfoot. Get the 170s.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I have the Titan in 170 cm, and previously skiied 163 cm Head Xenon 10. I kept both pairs. The Titan is an excellent ski - on piste I can't say that I noticed that much difference between the two (in fact, I prefered the 163 X10 in wacky mogul fields), but the real difference was between pistes in the deep stuff. There the Titan 170's were a world apart, floating underfoot, tips cut through the crud no problem. Combination of the extra width of the Titan, and length. Well worth it in my experience. Go for the 170s. You may not notice much difference on-piste, but you will off-piste - so they'll give you more options.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Sold a fair few of these, and it is my current piste ski, love it. Funnily enough I am an ex B5 skier 162cm, and I am same level and height as you, fair chunk heavier, and yet I find the 170cm perfect. I have skied the 177 several times and it is fine, but I like the direct feeling of the 170cm and I can still get it to fly like a rocket and it feels super stable. So if I am happy enough on a 170cm you certainly should be.

Hope this helps, it is a cracking ski, and all the guys here love them too.

ScottyDog
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi all!
You've really helped. I still have piece of doubts if I'll easily do fast turns with them, but, anyway, 170cm looks like reasonable length for me.
I'll post my experience as soon as I run them extensively
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Bump old thread Wink

Looking at getting some titans, what size ????

I'm 70kg, and 165cm tall. I'd probably get on with the 156cm version straight away as I ski on similar size most of the time now, but I know I need longer skis as my level increases so should I go for the 163cm ones now and I'll get used to the extra length?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy