Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Easiski On2Off

Poster: A snowHead
Thank you all for checking! Very Happy always a worry on this sort of thing.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yes I've checked too and there are no problems whatsoever on the website. The contact details are clear too. There is another business with a similar name - but that's a .co.uk site and it's to do with holiday packages to Morzine - perhaps that's where olderscot was lurking & maybe they have a problem??

It's now just a week and a half until we set of for this year's Cautious to Confident week with Charlotte - if it weren't for her I'd have given up skiing by now.... long ago in fact!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
easiski, hello, how nice to see you. snowHead

Butterfly (and everyone). Have a great time.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
It is odd. I followed the link from Colin B earlier in the thread, had a look at the On2Off clinics and then clicked the lessons link which is when everything kicked off. I only had snowheads and the easiski sites open so I've no idea what else it could have been.

Anyway, everything looks fine with the site now so I am sorry if I've caused undue concern. i always think it's best to warn people if it looks like there's a problem with their site.

I've update my original post to say it all seems fine now.

Mike
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
tostertalby having her first experience of a powder day with Charlotte, Toster is the one in the brown jacket with the snowHead stickers on her helmet.

http://youtube.com/v/eQgU4w3QlXM&feature=share
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I really enjoyed it! Charlotte took us off piste skiing as well as powder snowHead
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
tostertalby, Looks like you're having fun there! Skiing in powder up to your knees (or even higher) is a bit different from Tamworth isn't it? Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Well she is happy and tired and in bed now dreaming for another dump tonight (well at least the forecast says it should get a top up), Talbyem had a good lesson learning to darkside powder as well so is looking for more of the same.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
No actual skiing going on in the powder there - only on the well-skied stuff. Still, its an exciting start!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
charlotte is an exellent teacher i reccomend her if you go to les duex alpes snowHead
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Alastair Pink wrote:
tostertalby, Hi there and welcome to Snowheads! snowHead

Yes, Charlotte is an excellent teacher and you're sure to have fun! Enjoy your Easter ski trip!! Madeye-Smiley

tostertalby said:
charlotte is an exellent teacher i reccomend her if you go to les duex alpes snowHead

I think there's an echo in here! wink Laughing
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Well as of this afternoon Chloe is booked into hottots again at Easter and I'm almost booked into On2Off in Jan (along with another snowHead or two I hear), just waiting final confirmation the work thing won't intervene again.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
davkt, See you at Easter again but not January unfortunately.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Colin B, Natalie still not letting you out?
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
davkt, Something like that Very Happy We're off to Alpe D'Huez at half term a couple of weeks later. 4 trips/ 27 days skiing seemed a bit excessive (not forgetting the cost and leave situation).
snow conditions
davkt, I'm going. Little Angel
ski holidays
pam w, Yup, Charlotte told me that.
Colin B, My lot will be with ex over half term (and I'll probably be doing some work for the EU) so I figure 2 ski trips this winter are quite in order, particularly as I think I need Charlotte to work her magic if I am to have any chance at all of keeping up with Chloe after 2 weeks of Hottots!
snow report
davkt, Temporary postponement of the inevitable is all you can hope for.

I'm booking a 3 hour private mogul lesson in Alpe D'Huez for Natalie and me, well Natalie, I'll just bumble along the best I can Embarassed
ski holidays
Colin B, Yep I know! At least with Em going over to the darkside that day has been put back by a bit as she was at least as good as me when she switched! On the way back from Tamworth today Chloe was busy planning for the opening of her ski school in the Alps and was disgusted to hear how long it is till she can do her BASI 1!
ski holidays
pam w wrote:
davkt, I'm going. Little Angel

me too...
Has anyone made travel arrangements yet?
latest report
little ms spock, You will have a great time Very Happy
snow report
little ms spock, Just thinking about the options, Squeasy Jet from Birmingham which means getting there stupid late Saturday night but a relaxed last morning or Jet2 from Leeds which gets me there in the afternoon but probably means leaving stupid early to get home!
ski holidays
Oh and if you are flying into Grenoble Bensbus.co.uk seemed to be the best transfer option when I was looking for our trip for my 8 year old to go into the Hottots at Easter this year.
snow conditions
davkt, flights now booked Luton->Grenoble->Luton. A little earlier than I'd like both ways, but not too bad. I'll wait to look at transfers until everyone else sorts out their travel plans. It sounds like I'll be in the minority as this will be my first trip out to L2A.
ski holidays
little ms spock, Bensbus is your best bet, I'll be using them in February and have used them before. Reasonable price (about £45 or so return I think) and reliable. It can be done cheaper but it means changing and probably hanging around at Grenoble bus station. I'm on that flight, 7.15 Shocked
latest report
I am driving, and will be going through Grenoble. As we all know, however, Grenoble airport is nowhere near Grenoble. However, I could do a sidetrip up to the airport if there were a couple of people wanting lifts at the same time-ish. My timing is entirely flexible though it would be good to get there in time to settle in and have a drink before dinner.

I will have room for 4 people in my car as long as they don't have stupid amounts of luggage. I can carry skis on the roof.
latest report
Colin B, I guess I'll see you at Luton then. It looks like I'll be putting a few more faces to (forum) names this year.
snow conditions
little ms spock, Not that week I'm afraid, a couple of weeks later (otherwise I would have been on On2Off)!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
pam w, Ooh, that's generous of you! Looking at various odds & ends there are 2 getting to Grenoble @ 08:40 & 2 (including me) arriving at 10:00. That might be a bit early, but it would certainly give you time to "settle in" Toofy Grin. I guess we have plenty of time to think about this.
latest report
Quote:

there are 2 getting to Grenoble @ 08:40 & 2 (including me) arriving at 10:00. That might be a bit early, but it would certainly give you time to "settle in" Toofy Grin. I guess we have plenty of time to think about this.

I wouldn't have to do anything very extraordinary to arrive at Grenoble (ha ha) airport around 10.45, when you should be cleared through. If we left the airport at 11 we would get to Les Deux Alpes too early to get into our rooms, I imagine. We could dawdle over lunch en route though!

Ca marche!
ski holidays
pam w, I obviously misunderstood Colin B's comment. I guess it's only me arriving at 10 am (as far as I know). I'd still appreciate a lift, with or without others. Long lunches aren't a problem and most hotels will let you leave luggage before check-in.
snow report
Actually that Luton flight looks a good option for me, only about half an hour further than Leeds and a load cheaper, plus Squeasyjet's ski bag allowance is plenty for a week whereas Jet2 would be a bit tight with skis and boots.
snow report
Quote:

I'd still appreciate a lift, with or without others.

No problem. there might be some others, as travel plans emerge.
snow conditions
Luton flight booked so see you at the airport little ms spock, pam w, if you could fit me in that'd be great but I'll have a roller ski bag with me so no problem if not. On the luggage drop at the hotel I'm sure if I have a chat with Alisa at the Valantin she will at very least let me have the code to the boot n ski room to drop stuff in.
snow conditions
If leaving Grenoble at around 11.00 (although 45 mins seems longer than I would expect to land at Grenoble), you should be in resort at around 13.00 latest, so you should be fine for bags. I can let Alisa know which order people are arriving in and they can get the apartments cleaned accordingly. Very Happy

There are still others who haven't replied yet, so hold on for the moment before we all get organised.
latest report
Oh and not quite as horrible as I suspected for the return transfer for the Luton flight if its Bensbus, second trip of the day so 6:50 rather than 5:15!
snow conditions
little ms spock, pam w, getting excited yet? My skis are with Spyderjon getting quiverkillers fitted so even taking 2 pairs means only 1 set of bindings and a screwdriver to lug around. Other than that think all the plans are in place!
snow report
davkt, I'm in the Alps and busy doing Christmas catering/child minding/airport transfer driving at the moment, but I hope to have a good few days skiing before On2Off snowHead
latest report
pam w, Busy busy busy then!
snow report
pam w, davkt, I will be doing the January week. We are driving, although not arriving until Monday morning, so sorry can't offer lifts. My other half is joining the C2C week. Really looking forward to meeting you and skiing together. It's been a few years since we have been to L2A but it will always hold fond memories as it is where Charlotte taught us to ski in 2007. Very Happy Very Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy