Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Easiski On2Off

Poster: A snowHead
Oh and here is the aftermath of the faceplant http://www.easiski.com/blog1/ the sticking up ski is how it finished up after it had ejected me!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sorry for the lack of reports the last couple of days, redid my torn calf muscle, thankfully in quite a small way and equally luckily I was pretty sure what had happened so stopped pretty much straight away, on Tues so the doc has banned me from skiing for a couple of weeks Sad but has explained why it happened again and how to reduce the risk of it happening in the future.
Absolutely stunning bluebird day here with virtually no wind so bet the rest of them are having a cracking time, seems more like a cold spring day than the middle of winter! Took a ride on the lifts up to 3200m and it was as clear as I've ever seen it in the high mountains with a view that went on forever. Its so tempting just to get back out there as this feels so much less of an injury that last time, just have to keep reminding myself that if I behave now I'll be happily back skiing everywhere at Easter but misbehave and it'll just keep happening.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
davkt, sad news, what did Dr say about reducing the risk in the future? Did mine before Xmas skiing!!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
davkt, admirable self-discipline and fortitude! snowHead

Apropos insurance, there was a recent thread on pre-existing conditions; don't forget to inform your insurer about your injury.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
davkt, Ouch! Poor you, maybe you can make up for it with a 'tan' that will make everyone jealous when you go home?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
kitenski, If I have understood the half French half English conversation right this time was down to a tiny amount of deep seated scar tissue the physio didn't break down last time causing a small weak spot that went this time, no one to blame just the nature of the last injury and a bit of bad luck. Luckily I had my physios card in my wallet so the doctor has emailed him what he found and says that should let the physio fix it properly.
pam w, they know about it as they paid for the scans and x-rays last time, was the same doc this time and comes to something when you find you have a file already set up in a foreign medical centre!
Megamum, Seemed to pick up a bit of a tan heading up to 2 miles high for a coffee.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
davkt, really sorry to hear this, what bad luck Sad
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

comes to something when you find you have a file already set up in a foreign medical centre!

Laughing yes, it does! I'm hoping that's not going to happen to me.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
It was sad skiing today without the on2off group. Crying or Very sad

It seemed strange today skiing without them, but a lovely day again with good snow on piste, shame that all the lovely powder earlier in the week has mostly been skied.

davkt, I hope you are back to full fitness soon.

Thanks also to Charlotte.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Back home now, bit of a dump overnight so about 6" on the ground and the roads are worse than a mile up in Alps! Thanks to Charlotte all the students and all the hotel staff for a great week even if it didn't go quite to plan!
Oh and does anyone else think the air is horrible, thick and soupy now they are closer to sea level?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Richard E, perhaps you can console yourselves this evening by thinking about 5 weeks time?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
It's been a fabulous week and my most sincere thanks to Easiski, davkt, Richard E and everyone else who made the whole week both educational and enormous fun. I'm starting to look a bit less like a fish out of water when I encounter the steeper and deeper stuff (once I've convinced myself to actually take that very first step). I've seen a big improvement and I will really work to maintain and build on it over the rest of the season.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
little ms spock, snowHead Glad it went well, sorry to have missed you all.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Last chance this winter as Charlotte is running it for the last ever time in January. Many Snowheads have done it and would recommend it. Head over to www.easiski.com for details if interested.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Claude B, why is it going to be the last ever?
latest report
@sarah, She's not getting any younger and those weeks are hard going.
ski holidays
@Claude B, ah yes.. not retiring yet though I hope?
ski holidays
@sarah, Just winding down a little Happy
ski holidays
Claude B wrote:
@sarah, She's not getting any younger and those weeks are hard going.

I can empathise with that Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
I think last year, when we had a bit of a casualty who wasn't badly hurt but had a non-weight bearing and painful knee and had to be helped down a bit of a difficult, bushy, messy sort of a slope to the piste, might have brought it home to Charlotte that taking groups on off-piste courses is maybe getting tough! Fortunately @Claude B was able to help him directly, whilst the rest of us were able to side slip and smooth out some of the worst bits. Luckily that was in L2A, not La Grave - I fell quite a bit on that descent, and that was probably where my meniscus tear happened, or was exacerbated, as the knee was horrendously swollen afterwards but I was able to get up each time and ultimately ski down, inelegantly, under my own steam. But again, @Claude B was good enough to ski behind me, which was certainly a help to me and probably a reassurance to Charlotte. But she wouldn't always have such a competent skier in the group, and I suppose it makes sense to quit whilst your ahead.

It's a great week to do, for anyone who fancies taking that first foray into off-piste.
ski holidays
Quote:

again, @Claude B was good enough to ski behind me
He's very kind to do that for little old ladies. Including me!
snow conditions
@pam w, Thanks. I'd probably do it again myself but I come home as the 1st week starts.
ski holidays
@Pedantica, You make me sound like some sort of gigolo wink
ski holidays
Quote:

You make me sound like some sort of gigolo

Laughing Much more useful, @Claude B, than a gigolo.
latest report
@pam w,
Quote:

Much more useful, @Claude B, than a gigolo.

Quite!
snow report
Surely for the spelling pedants it's gigalo? Anyway sad news - I guess I've a vision of Charlotte taking on a young apprentice to put in the hard graft while schooling him/her in the art of the totally deserved withering putdown, gee up or other appropraite encouragement.
ski holidays
Don't think so Happy I don't think you can learn that you have to have been born to do it Happy

Last winter I was very pleased to be assessed "not as bad as expected" in January and over the moon with "quite good" in April (not even on a lesson just happened to be passing). Happy
snow report
@Dave of the Marmottes, nope
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
No, I don't really know how I know, having never had one, but it's gigolo, like the man who isn't one said.
snow report
@Claude B, pleased to hear that, great lady snowHead
snow report
Claude B "not as bad as expected" is a high standard; "quite good" is praise indeed.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy