Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Re-moulding my boots.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have pair of ski boots with thermo-mouldable liners. Can they be easily re-moulded?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yes, but have them done at a shop unless you know what you're doing.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thought so. THanks
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Helen;how old/how much use have they had.I was recently told(by a bootfitter)that after some use(when the liners had crushed)that heat moulding was a waste of time?Anyone know anything about this?I have never had my boots(Rossignol Softs)moulded.Is it still worth doing after 12mths and plenty of use in snowdomes?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
They are Rossignol softs and have been used for 5 days,. They have been moulded, but not for me. I got from friend who bought them for his wife, but they are too small. Ideal for me though, fit like a glove, except footbed feels wierd shape.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
snowskisnow, it depends on a lot of factors, including the boots and the person wearing them. A good bootfitter should be able to tell you whether or not remolding will help. It primarily helps if either it was done poorly the first time or your feet have changed. Sometimes, it can also help "snug up" a boot that's gone a bit loose. But not always.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Helen most thermo fit boots can be remoulded arround 3 times without dammage, you may find conformable footbeds are already in the boot, take them out and get new ones made for your foot, if you're lucky you may find that if the shop is doing new footbeds for you that they won't charge you for hot moulding the boots at the same time.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'll get them done when I get there then.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Helen-quick update via Lockwood bootfitter.IF the boots have had little use and IF they were moulded for someone else(as we now know they were)then it will proberbly work.It sounds as if they are not far from a fit anyway.
As DG rightly points out;it sounds as if they have conformable footbeds fitted.If so,they were moulded for your friends feet!!Whatever is in there,get new footbeds done and all should be well Little Angel Best of luck.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks again guys! God knows who fitted her with the boots, she's in agony when she wears them. I'd have taken them back before I left the resort, but there you go, cheap pair for me though. I tried some Rossignol softs at New Year and they were great, so I'm not complaining.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Not sure whether people will want this advice or not, but IMHO three reasons why people have problems with their boots hurting-

1 - Boots done up too tight, in a racing stylee. Not really needed, I ski with my bottom two clips completely undone.

2 - Footbeds and inners taken out and dried, and not put back in properly, leading to them sitting skew in the bottom of the boot.

3 - People not being fit enough when skiing, putting a lot of pressure through the tendons that run from the calf down to the sole of the foot, and then wondering why their feet hurt at the end of a hard days skiing.

Hope this might be useful.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Not sure if this helps, but I use Sorbothane and gel endurance running insoles in my boarding boots instead of the crappy foam inserts that came with them. They conform to my feet, don't compress and can be washed with my socks. No pain, even at the end of a long day.
Hint: If you suffer from stinky feet - put the plug in the shower, pee on your stinkers and paddle about in the wee wee for a couple of minutes. Then wash normally. You should be cured in a week as long as you de-fungus the rest of your footwear and liners.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Have taken out the footbeds, and fitted in the original ones, they feel much better now, but will get some custom footbeds when I go away next week I think. I still don't know why they didn't take them back, but at £180 new, and I paid her £50 for them...... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy