Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Rider Profiles.

Poster: A snowHead
Name : Damion Simpson
Weight : 182 lb
Height : 6' 0"
Equipment : SP4 Bindings, Burton Canyon 163, Burton Freestyle Boots
Experience : 3 weeks total boarding time
Competence : Just started learning to carve
Resorts Visited : Chamonix, Val d'isere, Tignes
Favourite Run/Moment : Chillin - Long swooping curves!
This season : Returning to Tignes in January 06
Goals : Carve properly!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Name : Lisa
Weight : 147lbs
Height : 5ft 8
Equipment : Rome Blue and Flows
Experience : Took up boarding seriously three seasons ago after many years of skiing. Am total convert and skied one day in last 2 years
Competence : Pretty ok in most conditions now
Resorts Visited : 3 valleys, Paradiski, Portes de Soleil, Whistler, Vail, Beaver Creek, Keystone, Sauze D'oux, Maryhofen
Favourite Run/Moment : Blackcomb mountain March 2005 after the snow had arrived. My perfect moment.
This season : Montalbert - is there anywhere else?
Goals : To spend a whole season in the mountains - it will happen one day!

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Fri 9-11-07 20:55; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Name : Rod Mason
Weight : 12.5 stones
Height : 6' 0" (near enough anyway)
Equipment : Burton Custom 162, Burton Mission bindings, Vans Daniel Franck boots
Experience : Well into 3 figures in terms of days riding
Competence : Comfortable on silly steep, love powder and the trees - but no gymnastic ability in the air whatsoever! (something strange happens to my balance when I'm in the air Confused )
Resorts Visited : Whistler, Jackson Hole, Banff etc, Fernie and other small BC resorts, a few in Austria and several in France.
Favourite Run/Moment : Anywhere steep-ish and with fresh deep powder...
This season : 12 weeks in Whistler (start of a round-the-world trip Smile )
Goals : Spend a bit more time in the air (and landing it!), develop avalance awareness and backcountry boarding....
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Name : Chris
Weight: lifting is more difficult than used to be ...
Height : 5'7 - taller in boots !
Equipment : Signal 159, K2 Cinch05 bindings, ThirtyTwo boots
Experience : 1 week on a board, spread across last season. nn's of weeks on skis
Competence : carve any piste, switch and spins, tried jumping - don't know who Ollie is yet
Resorts Visited : On a board - Val d'Isere and St. Anton
Favourite Run/Moment : After descending La Face in 2mins 30 on skis, preferred the 45 minute descent on a board as a highlight of the 04/05 season
This season : Have bought said board. Hope to get in 1-2 weeks boarding amongst the skiing
Goals : Leaving the ground on my attempted jumps Toofy Grin

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Sat 17-12-05 10:52; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Name : Stuart McWilliam
Weight : 14 st and dropping ! Very Happy
Height : 6ft
Equipment : K2 Ambush...Le Cheins Ballons
Experience : Advanced
Competence : Advanced Freeride but a bit of a novice in the park! Sad
Resorts Visited : Over 160
Favourite Run/Moment : Any runs from the Grand Montets (Argentiere) or at Red,BC,Canada.
This season : Lots of days in Scotland plus Portes du Soleil,Castle Mountain,Whitewater,Red Mountain,Phoenix Mountain,Whistler,Grouse Mountain,Pass Powderkeg,Salmo (all Canada).49'North,Schweitzer (US),Chamonix/Argentiere.
Goals : To promote Scottish Wintersports as much as possible and do a bit more writing about my travels.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Name : Yasha
Weight : 175
Height : 6'
Equipment : Never Summer Premier 159, Vans BFBs size 11, Rome 390s
Experience : Skied since maybe 8 or so? Been boarding a bit for maybe 6-8 years, but 04/05 was the first time I did it seriously, with a seasons pass and regular trips to the mountain
Competence : Can confidently board all runs at Whistler save a chute or two with drop-ins, decent in the backcountry, crap at freestyle
Resorts Visited : Whistler, Grouse, tons of "resorts" in Ontario (horrible skiing, but that's where I grew up Smile )
Favourite Run/Moment : April 18th (I think) in 2005 at Whistler. After a crappy season we got amazing snow from mid-march onwards. Went up with just one friend on the 18th, bluebird skys, last day that Blackcomb was open and for some reason it was empty, boarded wasit deep, ultra dry powder off the lifts all day long, with a good number of tree runs thrown in
This season : Whistler 1-3 times/week, with a full week at Whistler in feb (seasons pass through university for $384 CAD all in!!!)
Goals : Get half decent at freestyle, incorporate it into my freeriding
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Name : Anna
Weight : 9st
Height : 5'6"
Equipment : Burton Air, Burton Mission Bindings, Salamon Ivy Boots
Experience : 11 wks
Competence : Highly incompetent!
Resorts Visited : Val Thorens, La Tania (Courchevel), Sunshine, Norquay & Lake Louise (Big 3), La Plagne, Flaine, Val d'Isere X2, Les Arcs
Favourite Run/Moment : all of it.... crashes & more crashes with bruises on bruises
This season : 2012 Colorado (venue tbc)
Goals : As long as I'm faster than my son & stop falling over so much, I really don't care
Other interests : my Porsche 911 C2S pride and joy, knitting and music

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Mon 14-11-11 20:47; edited 8 times in total
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Name : Hamilton...
Weight : 63Kg
Height : 5ft8
Equipment : Boarding wise? Burton Balance 56, Burton Fish, Switch step-in's, Axel Boots. North Face clothing...
Experience : ~10 weeks skiing and 20 boarding
Competence : not as good as should be! can get down any piste, with progressively less style! prefer the off-piste powder, managed the Grand Couloir when in La Thania in 2002 without breaking anything.
Resorts Visited : US: Banff, Whistler, Mammoth, Tahoe. EU: Courchevel, La Plagne, Chamonix, Val D'Isere, Livigno, Sauxy D'oux, Caspoggio(!)... and probably a few more in EU I can't remember
Favourite Run/Moment : Run: a nice blue motorway in Livigno that I'd managed my first decent set of snowboard turns on, when I looked back up and saw a smooth sinewy 'S' in the snow. Moment: sitting on the first Quad up from Lake Louise, looking back and seeing the first rays of sunlight glowing on the mountain range across the valley and chateaux.
This season : Banff & Jasper for 2 weeks over Xmas/New Year, then somewhere in Europe in February.
Goals : this season - smooth rotations on the jumps
Other Interests: Adrenaline sports in general, scuba, photography, travel, fast/loud cars/music, quiet mountains....
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Name : Mille
Weight : 67kg (sorry I don't speak lbs!)
Height : 1m80 (sorry! I don't understand feet!)
Equipment : Burton Dragon 159, Apo Amanite 158, many bindings, Flow boots
Experience : I've been snwoboarding since I was..about 11 years old I guess! so about 12 years
Competence :As I grew old (yeah 23 is a granny's age in snowboard!) I got more and more into freeride rather than killing my knees and wrists on half-pipe! (and carving on the pistes when bad snow). Now my best snow session is walking 3 or 4h in a corridor and fly it down!
Resorts Visited : I live in the 3 Vallees, so I mainly ride there. But I also like visiting friends in Val d'Isere, les Arcs, la PLagne, Chattel. I spend most of my time in Savoie and Haute-Savoie moutains.
Favourite Run/Moment : Going up the Cimecaron in Val Thorens on a sunny day when it's snowed the day before, waiting for the crowd to move down and the next gondola to arrive, and then swallowing the slope from 3200m to 1000m without stopping once and the fastest as possible!!! It's flying!!!!! snowHead
This season : I m in scotland this year, so wont be able to do as many sessions as usual, but i hope i'll meet some riders who want to share a great ride with me in the scottish highlands!!
Goals : have at least one great ride in Scotland! And also finally manage to do a smooth switch 360 on flat...
Other Interests : scuba-diving, travelling, playing any game!, and of course...drinking! [/b]
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Name : RoastingDave (Graeme)
Weight : 95kg
Height : 5"11'
Equipment : Burton floater 159/salamon fastback 160 vans fargo/drake F60's
Experience : 1season in france, 6weeks NZ and various holidays
Competence : advanced but need to get a lot better in the park!
Resorts Visited : France-LaPlange, la rossier,Val&Tignes, leDeux alps, AlpDuhez, valmorel, monchavan, meribel, Morzine&Avoriaz. Norway - Voss. Austria - Abteneau. Australia - Threadbo, Perrisher Blue. NZ - Remarkables, cornet peak, cardrona. (most only for a couple of days with exception of LaPlange and NZ).
Favourite Run/Moment : riding over a picknic table as people were just about to sit! bad i know but you should have seen their all in one ski suits!!
This season : Scottish highlands & working and saving hard to do instructors course in NZ July/06
Goals : eat, drink, ride and be merry. Very Happy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Name :Simon Green
Equipment :Nitro Atlas board, raiden blackhawk bindings,salomon dialogue booties!!
Experience :20 days roughly!
Competence :intermediate
Resorts Visited :sauze d`oulx,samoen,killington (vermont) usa (which incedently was a pile of tosh!!)
Favourite Run/Moment :Finally linkin them turns in sauze!!!
This season :Whistler on NYE (for 11 nights) and somewhere in europe in march
Goals :Not to feel too rough on the slopes in whistler !!!!!!!!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Name : ChRiS
Weight : 13 stone
Height : 6ft
Equipment : Lib Tech Pacifier with flows
Experience : Learnt to ski at 14yrs now been boarding for 5 years
Competence : I can get down hills with the odd airborne moment
Resorts Visited : Too many to list but all over europe.. but off to States for the first time jan 05
Favourite Run/Moment : Memories too bad for that sort of thing.. but singing nelly the elephant on large off piste run in La Plagne holds fond memories
This season : Arraba, Italy & Breckenridge Jan 05
Goals : Break my new board in Smile
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Name : Duvet
Weight : 78 kg
Height : 5'10"
Equipment : Palmer Honeycircle with SP4 bindings and Salomon Synapse boots
Experience : About 40 days
Competence : Love the soft stuff, scared of the park.
Resorts Visited : La Plagne, Three Valleys, St Anton, Lech, La Thuile, Courmayeur, Puy St Vincent, Risoul, Treble Cone (NZ)
Favourite Run/Moment : Being on the first gondola to the top of the Saulire from Mottaret after a big dump and making first(ish) tracks all the way down to Courch 1550. Gives me goosebumps just thinking about it.
This season : 9 days in Meribel in early March.
Goals : Have fun, try new stuff and resist the temptation to follow other tracks off piste!

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Thu 12-01-06 15:38; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Name : Mike
Weight : 11st
Height : 5'11"
Equipment : Nitro Punisher 162, An old set of flows and Nitro boots.
Experience : 6 trips abroad + assorted scottish weekenders.
Competence : Will board down anything white & rock free, stay off the park. Deep powder when in the mood.
Resorts Visited : Val Thorens, Courchevel, Val D'Isere, Whistler, La Plagne, Les Arcs, Lake Louise, Sunshine, Meribel, Tignes.
Favourite Run/Moment : Taking a day off work to go to Nevis Range and finally sussed linked turns on empty sunny slopes!
This season : Tignes, Banff & possibly something else.
Goals : To intentionally get some air and land it.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Name : Deborah Joyce
Height : 5'4"
Equipment : Burton Troop 146 board, Drake F50, Vans Tara boots
Experience : Riding since 2002 done 4 Seasons
Compitence: Learning more every run
Resorts Visited : Various European resorts in Norway, Andora, Italy and france as well as New Zealand and Australia
Favourite Run/Moment : The Remarkables Terrain Park, NZ
This season : Back to NZ
Goals : To Ride everyday and learn new tricks every season!
latest report
Name : Adamm Dykes
Weight : 80kg / 220lb
Height : 6ft 2.5 Inch
Equipment : Burton Dazer
Experience : Snowboard maybe twice a year, snowdome's occastionally (Waiting for Glasgow to open)
Competence : Solid Rider, working on the tricks (best trick: 540 fakie toeside Indy)
Resorts Visited : France, Scotland (Glen Coe, Gleen Shee, Cairngorn Mountain Range, Ben Nevis Range, The Licht), Italy (Passa Del Tonale), Austria, America (Killington) and America (Lake Tahoe).
Favourite Run/Moment : Killington (Rams Head)
This season: Going to Lake Tahoe in America!
Goals : 360 side flip Smile
latest report
Smile
Name : Tricia
Weight : yer right
Height : 5'6
Equipment : got some nice salopettes!
Experience : not alot, 1 x 9 day lift pass
Competence : learner
Resorts Visited : Les Arcs
Favourite Run/Moment : every minute of it
This season : just got back and want to go again but have to wait to 2006/5 winter
Goals : To get my knee sorted out by next winter
Smile
ski holidays
Hi I'm new here.

Name :- James Derbyshire
Weight :- 12.5 stone
Height :- 6'
Started riding :- October 2005 (have skied since I was about 5, and was a sponsored skateboarder in my teens)
Time riding :- 2 years
Competence :- Intermediate
Current equipment :- Nitro Suprateam 160, Icon Wallpaper 160, Burton Missions, 32 Prospects
Other interests :- Motorcross and superbike racing
Resorts visited :- Vail, Breckenridge, Beaver Creek

2007 holidays :- Ischgl Feb 2007.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Sat 6-01-07 11:32; edited 3 times in total
ski holidays
Name : Nick and Kim
Weight : 141/2 stone soaking wet, a little less when dry - Kim a bit less
Height : 6 feet/5'7"
Equipment : Flow bindings/ Nidecker Smoke/Atomic Vantage boards
Experience : 4 days last year, I week 2006
Competence : improving
Resorts Visited : Pamporovo, Bansko, Soldeu, Val Thorens, Glenshee, Aviemore
Favourite Run/Moment : Linking my first turns
[bNext season[/b] : Kopaonik in March
Goals : Learn to ride switch (just now I fall and revert to goofy) going faster and faster

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Thu 23-11-06 13:48; edited 3 times in total
snow conditions
Name : Fiona
Weight : 60kg
Height : 5ft2
Equipment : Old Head board with Nitro bindings and Nitro boots
Experience : About 2 weeks worth in total spread over
Competence : Getting better, still need to improve toe edge turns but managed top of the glacier in Zermatt all the way to the village without falling so definitely getting there.
Resorts Visited : Val Thorens x 2, Courchevel, Val D'Isere, Tignes x 2, La Plange, Whistler, Lake Louise, Sunshine, St Anton, Cervinia.
Favourite Run/Moment : Getting up a T-bar much to the disgust of the other half who was convinced I'd bail Very Happy
This season : Hiked up Cairngorm before the lifts opened + boarded/crashed back down - mounds of waist deep powder and zero visibility made things a little tricky. 3 runs of the local golf course after it snowed in Edinburgh Toofy Grin Whistler + Chamonix planned.
Goals : Learn how to go faster and bend my knees more. Actually have a lesson, aside from one 2hr lesson at the Lecht in 2001 I'm self taught...

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Tue 22-01-08 0:12; edited 2 times in total
latest report
Name : Anna
Weight : Sorry, that information is classified
Height : 5' 1" on a good day
Equipment : Lamarr Empress board (child's - what can I say, I'm short), Lamarr 5150 bindings (came with the board), Salomon boots
Experience : 5 days holiday last year and about five more days here and there
Competence : OK on the board. Completely rubbish at lifts
Resorts Visited : Mount Ruapehu (NZ), Grand Targhee (USA), Northern Pennines (UK)
Favourite Run/Moment : Amazing powder day in the US
This season : Off to La Molina, Spain in a week, if all goes well
Goals : Competence
snow report
Name : Graham A
Weight : 85kgs
Height : 183 cms
Equipment : Volkl Kendo 179, Down Countdown 6, Burton Custom Flying V 163
Experience : 9 years snowboarding, 6 years skiing
[b] Competence :
not too bad considering age and experience
Resorts Visited : Heavenly, Avoriaz, La Grande Terche, Ste Foy, La Rosiere, La Thuile, Val d'Isere, Tignes, Les Arcs, San Martino de Caztrozza, Passo Rollo, Sunshine Village, Lake Louise, Kicking Horse.
Favourite Run/Moment : Ste Foy end of season, generally I have the mountain to myself!
This season : 2 weeks @ Ste Foy Christmas, New Year, 10 days @ Easter Ste Foy with visits to Les Arcs, La Rosiere and Espace Killy.
Goals : Knees are giving up on snowboarding, skiing has taken over

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Thu 7-11-13 17:27; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
Name : Rebecca
Weight : 127lbs
Equipment : Board: Option Bella 148, Bindings: Burton Lexa, Boots: Saloman Ivy
Experience : Five years - 2 seasons plus a few holidays
Competence : Good enough to cope with most things Smile
Resorts Visited : Serre Chevalier, 3 Valleys, Les Arcs, Espace Killy, Cham, Portes du Soleil, La Clusaz... FRANCE! Italy, Switzerland, Bulgaria... Most of Europe in fact.
Favourite Run/Moment : Mont Vallon (Meribel), first person down after a snowfall.
This season : La Clusaz and Tignes (one week each).
Goals : BC next year; keep on having fun Smile
snow report
hello, I'm shiny new!

Name : firebug
Weight : 68 kg
Height : 6' 0"
Equipment : Ride Timeless 161 with Flow Carbons (for the big days), burton uninc 158 gigi ruf with p1mds for the park
Experience : 4 years but a lot of weeks!
Competence : I guess it depends who you're comparing to...
Resorts Visited : Chamonix, Val d'isere, Tignes, grindelwald, serre chevalier,Sestriere, sauze d'oulx, Courmayeur, Avoriaz, Morzine, Les Gets, Zermatt, Saas Fee, Whistler, Sun Peaks, Breckenridge, Copper, Loveland, Arapahoe Basin, Keystone, Vail, Saariselka
Favourite Run/Moment : Avoriaz, the runs were deserted on christmas morning except for us and two foot of fresh snow!
This season : (or rather next season now) Avalanche training
Goals : 360 or bust next year
snow report
Name : Pat
Weight : 71kg
Height : 5"9'
Equipment : Forum 'Joni Malmi' 154 and Burton Code 160 snowboards, Salomon spx pro bindings
Experience : 3 Seasons and about 8 weeks holiday before that
Competence : Landed corked 360 and switch 540s and love to jib, but nothing beats nice steep deep stuff.
Resorts Visited : Glenshee, the lecht, les orres, risoul, serre chevalier, Flaine, Vars, Heavenly, Espace Killy, Meribel, Val Thorens, Les arcs
Favourite Run/Moment : Probably landing my first 540 as it was at the end of my first season and it was my aim for the season, the next time I tried it I snapped my board
This season : Didn't do the season in the end, not too fussed really cos the snow has been rubbish so far. might get a week ou there later in the season...
Goals : To ride some South American resorts. Still have to nail a properly inverted jump.

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Thu 18-01-07 12:58; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Name : kim
Weight : its a secret
Equipment : sapient saolstice 155, nitro fate 156, flow amp 9's, 32 leashed boots
Experience : learnt to snowboard in jan 2000, started skiing at age 8 hadn't done it since age 10 but found out this season i can still do it!
Competence :great off piste rider, hate busy piste riding
Resorts Visited : andora, les 2 alpes, alpe d'huez, puy st vincent, creveax, lake louise, but the best is Serre Chevalier
Favourite Run/Moment : trees with thick pow, infact anything with thick pow
This season : rocked big style Serre che was awesome for a first full season
Goals : ride till i die
latest report
Name : Dave
Weight : 13 stone
Height : 6 ft.
Equipment : Rome Anthem, Atomic HAtchet, Option Makinen, Option Freeplus, Ride SPI, Salomon Malamute.
Experience : Learnt in sweden in 2003, 25ish weeks since.
Competence : Decent freerider, pap freestyler
Resorts Visited : Les Arcs, Val D'Isere, Tignes, Corcheval, La Plagne, Les Duex Alpes, Les Contamines, Breckenridge, Vail, Keystone, Arapahoe Basin, Are(Sweden).
Favourite Run/Moment : Malgover and Comborciere area in les arcs, awesome trees, steeps and Pow!
This season : Became ski club rep in Decomber in Tignes, repped in Breckenridge in April for 3 weeks.
Goals : Overcome my fear of the park and pipe! Go to the domes and dryslopes and learn some tricks!
snow report
Name : jeannie
Weight : 105 lbs
Height : 5'5"
Equipment : jeenyus the broad 05 146, burton lexa bindings, burton emerald boots
Experience : just started earlier this year. can't wait for next season!
Competence : gonna start on the parks this coming season
Resorts Visited : jack frost, blue mountain
Favourite Run/Moment : it took us 3 hours to drive to a resort that usually takes 1 hour b/c of a huge snow storm but it was worth it to ride on fresh powder!!
This season : getting season pass to mountaincreek b/c it's the only resort in the area with a super park!
Goals : learn some new tricks
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Name : Paul
Weight : 13 stone(ish)
Height : 6'2"
Equipment : Icon Revival,Burton Bindings,Vans Boots
Experience :Ski instructor in Germany for 5 years in the late 80s,skiied all over for fun,turned to the darkside last year.
Competence :Not really tested as I mostly freeride with family.
Resorts Visited :All over Harz mountains,Andorra,Monte Bondone,Passo Tonale,Bergen,L2A,Calgary,Jacksons Hole
Favourite Run/Moment : Love Andorra. Can learn alot by watching those that can - thanks guys and gals
This season :Andorra booked for 08
Goals :Have more fun now that young son can keep up. Beat the wife(at boarding of course!)-not having much luck though.

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Tue 8-05-07 14:41; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Name : Freestyle
Weight : Enough
Height : 5'7
Equipment : Custom
Experience : 6 Years
Competence : Advanced
Resorts Visited : Austria, Switz, Andorra, France
Favourite Run/Moment : Getting separated from my group with them watching me carve new off piste from a chairlift thinking I was someone else, then on realising it was me, my other half asking to marry me!
This season : Will only manage about 25
Goals : Snow dumps at night, sunshine in the days
ski holidays
Name : Andy
Weight : 10 1/2 stone
Height : 5' 9 ish
Equipment : Gnu CHB, Flows, thirtytwo boots, thinking about an 06/07 Timeless for this year
Experience : 6 weeks all in
Competence : Don't know, Intermediate maybe
Resorts Visited : Mammoth, Fresno (can't remember the resort name), 2Alpes, 3Valleys, Alpe d'Huez, Mayerhoffen, Castleford Very Happy
Favourite Run/Moment : Waist high powder in Mammoth on the first weekend of December a few years ago.... I was supposed to be at work which makes it even sweeter.
Other : Cars (building a track/fun car), bikes (the powered sort), Paragliding (Alps is my favourite),
This season : Chamonix in January with McNab, Tignes or Val in March, maybe a couple of long weekends.
Goals : Steep blacks and big powder
snow conditions
Name....Dan
Age.....31
Ht......6ft 1in
Wt......170LB

Boards..
Palmer honeycircle 158
Arbor crossbow 162
Nitro fury 176
Prior BC split 161

Exp.....in the BC,avy level1 someday2

Resorts..late season I'm gone in the BC. When its too deep for that I have a VAIL resorts season pass and stay near base of heavenly, so I ride there the majority of the high season. After that I spend a handful of days riding mammoth, alpine meadows, and squaw.

Favorite run...?depends

Season goals...ride a couple 14ers.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Thu 16-11-06 2:40; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
Name : Chris
Weight : 14st 4lbs
Height : 6ft 2
Equipment : High Society Empire 164 Cool as an upgrade from my Wild Duck board (Mountain 159), salomon bindings, some boots I bought years ago that are dead comfy. Atomic Poacher 171 splitboard.
Experience : A bit
Competence : normally prefixed IN-
Resorts Visited : Arinsal (once on a board twice on skis), La Plagne. (Diavolezza/La Galb years ago on skis), Selva, Morzine (PdS), Val Thorens, Tignes, Les Deux Alpes, Serre Che, Alpe D'Huez, La Grave, Montgenevre, Claviere, Puy St Vincent, Alpe du Grand Serre, Resort Q, Verbier, Nendaz, Thyon, Vessonaz, Resort Z, Oppdal.
Favourite Run/Moment : Resort Q, L'impossible at AdH, Mines at L2A. Mt Fort Face Nord.
This season : Anywhere hopefully.
Goals : To keep smiling. Steeper, Deeper and further from civilization. And to keep not using guides wink

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Thu 13-01-11 13:05; edited 11 times in total
snow report
Name : Paul & Angela
Weight : Paul heavy as F*^k and Ange Never ask a lady
Height : Paul 5'7" ange 5'8"
Equipment : for this winter Paul: Custom X & Line Maverick Skis. Ange: Feather
Experience : Paul 15 years, ange 5 years - putting that into days or even weeks just defies science
Competence : come riding with us and find out Happy
Resorts Visited : 95% of french majors, couple in austria and switzerland and lots of eastern europe. yet to make it to US or canada despite parents livng over there.
Favourite Run/Moment : Christmas day 2005, Jasna slovakia, nailing nollie front flips off ledges.... on a deserted piste with so much powder!
This season : Jasna all year........ maybe russia or uzbekistan for a heliboarding trip mid season.
Goals : To fix this shattered knee and to continue riding with the people that come over here and love the place as much as we do...... I guess keeping the business going is another goal.... but riding comes first Happy
snow report
Name : Joanna
Weight : 7st 12lbs
Height : 5'4''
Equipment : Hope to get Vans encore for this season, with a rental board! Laughing
Experience : A whole 6days! (many more on ski's)
Competence : Very much a beginner
Resorts Visited : Zell am See, Fernie, Kimberly, Sauze, Sestriere
Favourite Run/Moment : Erm, don't know the run, but plenty of em in Fernie, lots of fresh powder Heaven! One at the end of the most perilous T, where I actually feared for my life! Well worth it, but didn't try it again! Laughing
This season : Banff 2weeks.
Goals : To put behind me my terrible week of tuition and snow in Sauze, and learn to board somewhat competantly.
ski holidays
Name : Jane
Height : 5'6"
Equipment : None at the moment, but prob gonna get Vans Encore, or Burton Casa (if i can find a pair to try on in Scotland!
Experience : Only one week on a board, but it was enough to convert me - few more weeks experience on the devil sticks ie skis
Competence : Enthusiastic beginner
Resorts Visited : Bardonecchia, Chamonix, Soldeu
Favourite Run/Moment : Not sure if it was a good moment, but my first day in Chamonix, 2nd week away skiing, knee deep in powder, -20 degrees was certainly an experience!! Also, my first time boarding in Scotland where we had shedloads of snow was ace!
This season : Hopefully back to CHamonix, trying to talk my friend into spending his airmiles to take me to USA Happy
Goals : to actually get down a black run without sliding all the way down on my ass (a la Andorra earlier this year!)
snow report
name:Rowley B QC
Age : 38 feeling 21 when on the mountain but 50 when I come off it!!
Weight : 14.st (must get to the gym)
Height : 5ft 11
Equipment : Board:Burton Custom,Bindings Burton P1s,Boots:Thirty Twos
Experience : 4 years two trips a season
Competence : On the slopes: fine. off piste: fair. park:chicken!
Resorts Visited : Killington(freezing),Courcheval 1850(bling),Pas de la Casa(boozy),La Tania(good),Cervinia(poor snow easy runs),Zermatt( great scenery),Les 2 Alps ( great snow but busy)
Favourite Run/Moment : First one down sauliere (courcheval) after an overnight dump of snow...bliss
This season : Peisey /Vallandryand possibly Kaprun
Goals : to be braver in the park/ no broken bones
snow report
Name : Joel
Weight : 140 lbs
Height : 5'10"
Equipment : Just bought new boots!^^ always hire the board - still trying to cut down how much I carry from place to place
Experience : 40-45 days
Competence : Gone from spinning uncontrollably to spinning when I wanna be^^
Resorts Visited : Pheonix Park, Yeongpyong, Faraya Mzaar
Favourite Run/Moment : Flying down a double black in Lebanon, doing all kinds of crazy (and sometimes just plain bizarre) jumps of the sides!
This season : As many weekends as I can in South Korea (Yeongpyong, Pheonix & vivaldi park and Bears town)
Goals : Go snowboarding as often as I can, keep practicing on & off the piste, ride a halfpipe and land a shifty with lots of air.
latest report
Name : Ray
Weight : 14 st
Height : 5' 10''
Equipment : Flow Infinite 163 or battered Ride Yukon 164, Flow bindings, Burton Tribute boots
Experience : 45 days over two winters
Competence : carving quite nicely now, rocking it from heel to toe, better than lots of others but worse than many. Still can not handle busy narrow runs at the end of the day
Resorts Visited : First year Tignes x 3, Arosa, AdHuez, Saas Fee, second year L2Ax2, Whistler, Verbier, St Anton
Favourite Run/Moment : Skull & Cross Bones Mogul Black in Saas Fee
This season : L2A PSB,St Anton, Verbier, Innsbruck somewhere plus whatever I book from now on
Goals : carving down most stuff now, so need to think about getting a bit of air, and to bend my knees more, plus nail those pesky busy cat tracks

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Mon 17-12-07 7:14; edited 5 times in total
ski holidays
Name : Hamilton
Weight : 63k
Height : 5ft 8
Equipment : Burton Balance 156 (Terje Haakonen), about 5 years old. Burton Fish 160 (powder board). Salomon Malamute Black Label (brand new!) and K2 Cinch (also brand new)
Experience : 10 weeks?
Competence : I'll always get down, but the style might vary....
Resorts Visited : NA: Banff, Kicking Horse, Whistler, Mammoth, Heavenly, Tahoe. EU: Cham, Trois Vallees, La Plagne, Val d'Isere, Sauze, Les Arcs, Courmayeur, Livigno, Caspoggio....
Favourite Run/Moment : mountains, powder
This season : Verbier, Val d'Isere
Goals : make the landings as consistent as the take-offs....
Other interests: scuba-diving, photography, food, travel...
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy