Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Rauris, Austria

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone been to or heard anything about Rauris in Austria? I'm thinking of going at the start of March, and I'm a complete beginner. The only info I can gleem is from the Crystal brochure, so I'm looking for a more independant source.

Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi baltic, welcome to snowHeads! snowHead The only info I have from my ski guide is that it is an old roadside village close to Kaprun and Zell am See, with a long narrow area that has snowmakers on lower slopes. There are 10 lifts and 30 km of pistes, with lower slopes at 950m going up to 2200m.

I'm sure someone will be along soon that has actually been there and can give you better advice. Enjoy your skiing!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'd be surprised if many Snowheads have been to what is a pretty obscure resort, and am amazed it's in the Crystal brochure! I've never been, but I have been to Dienten just down the road, and Zell, Saalbach and the Gasteins which are all nice and close by. First week of March should still be fine for snow in that eastern part of Austria.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi baltic, as Cathy wrote, it is a small resort. Here is their official web site in English.
Check SKI PARADISE (uhmm??) on the top of the site and you can get an excellent map on slopes and lifts.
This place looks to me a well-kept secret from the tourists, but could be perfect, especially for beginners.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Looks like one of the many small learner hills in Austria. The sort of hills the locals teach their kids to ski on. Over half the trails are blue and most of the rest red with only 2 km black. Never skied there but the name of the place seemed familiar must of seen it sign posted on the way to Kaprun. Probably a great place for a complete beginner.

http://www.bergfex.com/rauris/
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy