Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Fernie,Canada

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hey
im looking at goin to fernie in canada in january for 10 days
has anyone been there and if so whats it like
can u give me info on prices in the resort-e.g for beers in the bar and price of lift pass/ski hire?
this would be a great help

thanks in advance

Neil
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It can be good (very good) and it can be bad (ie Rain). The hill is considered advanced plus area but your find runs for all.
They may of developed the resort base facilities since I last went 1996.
Dont expect any raging Nightlife. THeres a couple (max) of bars in town. Cant remember the price of a beer but lift ticket but im sure it was cheaper than Whistler & US Ski areas.
To be honest I was a bit dissapointed ( because it pissed down for three days from Top to bottom of hill) but I could see what it had to offer, challenging trails & I liked the fact the town was still in 1920's time warp !

Maybe you check the Fernie Forum
http://www.fernie.com/forum/intro.html

BTW . Theres was no on Mountain Restaurants. There is a open face Bear Den where most people gater round a firs with there packed lunch. Remember spending alot of time in there keeping out the rain Sad
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Why not consider Sunshine Village near Banff. Excellent Snow from Mid Nov- late May. i was there last November and they had fantastic conditions. 100% Natural Snow, no snow cannons required!!!!! Ever!!!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
this report (found in the sticky "Resort / Trip Reports - Alphabetical index" at the top of the "resorts" forum) migh be of interest

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewpost.php?p=21273
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'll say this for Fernie, the skiing is great and convenient if your hotel is on the resort itself (Like mine was!), but at night it was too quiet.

I'm heading to Banff next year, no ski in/out convenience but I need more nightlife!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
A good place to stay is the corner pocket, grand central hotel.
The rate includes breakfast. Best thing is they have their own bus which take you straight to the hill, no detours like the other bus. This is also included.
Small rooms though, but they have tv. shared bathroom showers. I stayed for 4 weeks there.
I guess it would be around 60$ somethign a night for 2 weeks, maybe less.
Beers are around 4-5$ there. Lift passes are expensive for canada, at the upper end of the scale.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
You can combine Fernie with Kimberley and possibly Castle if it's still going. I didn't get to ski it at all because it pissed down when I was there too (so binned it and went to Kicking Horse).

Terrain certainly looked steep. Couple of bars at the base area and town pretty much dead (2001). Curry Bowl was good restaurant (town).
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy