Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Concerned, will I get the snow Im craving for

Poster: A snowHead
We are going on our first ski holiday on the 16th December this year. We are going to a lovely resort in between Saalfelden and Zell am See. However Its the time of year that is concerning me. (I didnt book the holiday I may add) .

Will there be snow?????????
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
What's the resort called?

16th December is quite early so it is risky. But it is normally considerably cheaper at that time of year. The other factor to consider is that even if there is plenty of the snow most resorts do not fully open all the lifts / pistes until shortly before Christmas. The ski pass may also be cheaper as a result.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Probably, however you may get the same problem I may get which is that there may not be any snow in the resort, you will just have to do as I'm going to do which means lots of snow dances and keeping the fingers crossed
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Renry, you have guaranteed snow on the nearby Kitzsteinhorn glacier (the nearest resort is Kaprun) so I wouldn't lose too much sleep. The only sleep you'll lose is getting up early in the morning to catch the access lift if there's a serious lack of snow elsewhere!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Renry,

Well, if it near Zell am See they have the Kapran Glacier so that should have skiing on it at that time of the year or we are all in trouble.
The ski height should top out about 3000-3200 so you should be able to do something.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Renry, if you are a member of SCGB have a look at the snow history for the resort. Eitherway,it is pretty early but like D G Orf said,get dancing nearer the time. Do you know the height of the resort etc ?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
David Goldsmith, Wouldn't have thought there'd be that much demand, even from locals at that time of year?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
we fly out on the 16th Dec and return 24th. The plan is to ski everyday (fingers crossed).

Im staying here

http://www.clublacosta.com/index/resorts/56_austria_clcac.htm
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Renry, I hope you have a great time,fingers X for the snow
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
The week before Xmas in Austria is NOT busy (The Germans like to be home at Xmas) so even if the resorts are lacking snow there will not be the kind of Q's for the Kitzsteinhorn glacier that you see in mid season.

As for snow in the resorts (Zell,Saalbach, Maria Alm etc) it can be touch & go sometimes the first dumps of snow come early ie late October early November then it all depends if it remains cold . Even in higher elevated rsorts like Ischgl,St Anton they normally get the lifts working even if there's less than a 10cm base Very Happy
I wouldnt worry to much. Im allways in Austria the week before Xmas & never had a problem Very Happy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

Im allways in Austria the week before Xmas & never had a problem

Renry, that reassuring then
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Renry, the Salzburgerland area of Austria, which includes Kaprun, Zell am See, Saalbach Hinterglemm etc, often gets snow early when other areas don't. Something to do with it being quite far east compared to other ski resorts I think. I did quite a bit of research last year when I booked the Christmas week in Hinterglemm, and we had great snow all week, with fresh snow falling a couple of times.

I hope it's right - we're going back this Xmas, flying out on the 24th, so leave some of the white stuff for us please snowHead
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks Guys, nice to know. Cant wait to hit the real stuff other then the indoor stuff im use to. Very Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Renry, don't tempt fate... Shocked
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Renry, at least you can hit the indoor stuff !!
ski holidays
It's bucketing down in Austria at the moment, Kaprun is forecast to get 25cm + in the next few days. August powder skiing on Wed would be nice ........

http://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/Kaprun.0to3top.shtml
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy