Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Summer has arrived in Switzerland

Poster: A snowHead
It was 23'c when I got home this afternoon and it's still about 12'c now.

On the way back the canton workmen were out taking down the ice warning signs and removing the snow poles from the roads, spring seems to be here
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thank you for those reassuring words ise. Exactly what we all wished to hear!

I shall insist on remaining optimistic, and point out that there should be some snow next week around 1000m, if we're lucky.....
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi ise, its me again - we don't want to hear all these negative waves. Just tell us about the heaps of snow for now, and then when the blizzards arrive in 10 days time we'll all have a laugh as those poor guys have to put the snow poles back in.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
ise think positive thoughts maybe they were just taking the poles in for a wash and brush up Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It's been a really nice day actually, there's still snow over in the Jura and pre-alpes having been passing in the car. It's a nice time of year really.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Oh no please NO.

Going out tommorrow for a week, there just has to be lots of snow. rolling eyes
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Sunny 20 deg C here today in the land 'o' cakes (Vienna) but supposed to be cooler with precipitation next week.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
It was horribly warm in Grenoble today too, well into the 20s - looks like I'll be skiing in the rain this w/e. 0 degree isotherm at 3000m, Flaine maximum height 2500m - doesn't bode well...

At least the snow base is good this year. And last year there were powder dumps in April, and spring snow can be so much fun, so all is not lost. Cool
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
O°c at 3000? Not on the forecasts I've seen.... in the Isère O°C is around 2400m with no precipitation on Saturday, down to 1800 by Sunday lunchtime, 1300m in the evening, 1000m on Monday. Stick to www.avalanche-net.com - it's more positive!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
ise, I refuse to accept it. Summer can't come until the week after next Cool
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
PG, you've just put a smile on my face - I was going off Snow-guess.com coutresy of the SGGB. I normally rely on meteo.fr - but it takes ages to load on my dial-up. I'll add that to my list too - yep temperatures on ther way bback down.

I'm abondoning Isere thie w/e for the Haute Savoie - need to reacquaint myself with Flaine before my forthcoming reppin slot there for the SCGB.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Falling temp by the weekend in the Uk too. Have a great weekend. Let's hope winter lasts a few more weeks.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Good on you Elizabeth B, that's the right attitude: more of these major positive waves and there will be snow in London by the weekend.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Some people just seem to like winding us lowlanders up... Twisted Evil
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I hate it when I see bumblebees buzzing around the flowers at 7 in the morning at this time of the season. Definitely a bad sign.....
snow conditions
Hey! You darned foreign chappies (PG and Ise) are conspiring against the rest of us: I reckon this warm weather is all your fault. Turn the heating off!
snow report
Heating? Had the windows open all night for the past three days, it's been so hot!
snow report
Jonpim wrote:
Hey! You darned foreign chappies (PG and Ise) are conspiring against the rest of us: I reckon this warm weather is all your fault. Turn the heating off!

That's not going to work Very Happy I live in Switzerland and before that Germany, we're pretty green. Here, we run the heating for about 5 minutes a week and the house design keeps the heat in.

In fact it'll no doubt be like the rest of season, see-saw weather, it's spring one day and winter the next
ski holidays
I was thinking the same thing, this season hasn't been so much Global Warming as Global Weirding, noticed that in the Wengen area, one day it was +19 C the next it dropped to -2 C and the day after it was arround - 12 C then back up again, a real see-saw of conditions, I did onder if it tied in with the unusual sunspot activity this year, scientists believe that such activity does effect the weather but at the moment are not sure how, which is why they have a whole lot of dedictaed satelites up in space at the moment researching just that.
ski holidays
Absolutely, three examples from our place in the Grand Massif:

- on Sat. 20/12, there was grass outside our door and the lifts that were supposed to open didn't. On Sunday it started to snow and the lifts opened on Monday, the result being some of the best Xmass ski conditions for years.

- In January I went over for a long weekend, and had an interesting drive in heavy snow and dire conditions all the way from home. I had four of the best days skiing powder I've ever had, by the time I got home on Sunday it was so warm I was outside in the garden in shirtsleeves at 7pm.

- In Feb' we had some friends coming over, when they arrived I commented it was great spring skiing conditions but not fantastic for early Feb, within 24hrs there was a massive dump of snow and it was winter again.
snow conditions
ise wrote:

- In Feb' we had some friends coming over, when they arrived I commented it was great spring skiing conditions but not fantastic for early Feb, within 24hrs there was a massive dump of snow and it was winter again.

Yes I guess that would have been when I was in Wengen with th ewildly swinging temperatures.

I'd love to see some feedback from an expert on weather as to what caused the conditions this year
snow conditions
Yes it's been global weirding here too. I was skiing in beautiful powder at the start of November in Alpe d'Huez (right down to the village). By the official start of the season, ther was precious little snow below 2100m. Recent weekends it has varied between spring snow and T shirt weather, to wrap up play in the powder.

I'm sure it'll be spring snow again this w/e - it really felt like a pleasant summer's day yesterday in Grenoble (absolutely NO need for heating); but there is still plenty of life in the season yet. Those late season powder dumps are something special...

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Thu 18-03-04 11:48; edited 1 time in total
latest report
Oh dear I appear to have invented a new term "Global Wierding" I hearby anounce it to be copyright free to all snowheads who may wish to use it to describe the bizarre conditions they may have experienced this season
ski holidays
Like 'Global Wierding' - here in Q8 we've had record breaking rains this winter. The desert is all nice and green.
Quote:

You darned foreign chappies (PG and Ise) are conspiring against the rest of us: I reckon this warm weather is all your fault. Turn the heating off!

You know not what heat be. 50C in the shade is quite likely in high summer.

I found 1st week in March '04 in La Plagne very cold compared with previous visits ( - 19C once ) but worth it for the snow conditions
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy