Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tux Glacier 7th Aug - a foot of fresh

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

Just checking in to report some good snow conditions on the Tux glacier last weekend.

Ski Club website reports : 'Dachstein Glacier (0/200cms) and Hintertux (0/90cms) are still offering some moderate skiing and boarding, on mainly heavy and slushy pistes'- Snowhead on the ground reports nearly a foot of fresh snow at the top.

I can vouch that the Atomic SL 11's are great on boiler plate (Fri, Sat) but also good in powder(Sun).

BTW - Did I mention the foot of fresh snow on the glacier?snowHead -pics to follow
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Kit Wong, thats really encouraging as we go there on Friday. How many kms are open at the moment?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ray Zorro, I recall skiing six or seven pistes - as an estimate, I would say 7-8km.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for that Kit. We may only go up a couple of days, so that will be fine. I would be interested in any pics that you get online.

BTW, the "down a crevasse" under your name means that admin no longer has a current email address for you and that you may soon find that you can't access this site.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Kit Wong, is there any specific reason why you must make me jealous?
rolling eyes
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Pics as promised:
Here's a one from the bottom of the top station, at 2650m, looking down the valley before the snow came; this one is at the top, approx 3200m(more like 10" of fresh rather than a foot - it was cold); and this is somewhere in between.

mark_s, if it makes you feel any better, that trip closed my ski season. wink
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hey, Admin, I'm no longer down a crevasse; can I be a snowHead again? Thanks
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks for photos, Kit.

We got back on Tuesday night and did a couple of days on the glacier while we were in the area over the weekend. It began snowing on Sunday and was still snowing when we left so conditions would have been great for anyone there yesterday or today as the forecast was for sun. We had a clear day with worn snow and a snowing day (similar to one of your pictures) with fresh powder.

There were only pistes 4, 8 and 9 open, which was a blue and 2 reds. Was the area over the back open when you were there?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy