Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kitzsteinhorn Galcier, Kaprun, Austria 28th July 2005

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Skied the glacier on Monday 25th and Thursday 28th July Very Happy

First lift at 8AM required to get the crisp smooth stuff pisted the previous day, first hour was pretty good, then a bit mushy, 3 tows open covering 4 runs, not very busy so very short queues at the lifts, reasonable length runs if a bit unchallenging ( unless you ski in the chopped up mush, where the B5's were excellent ) Madeye-Smiley

Skied on the Atomic Metron B5 size 152 - wow! what a ski! superb in all the conditions from the crisp to the mushy - I'm having a pair!

Temperatures on the Glacier at noon were around 30C on the Thursday, bit cooler on the Monday - slap on plenty of UV protection cream

Cost around 26 euro per day including ski hire ( normal price double this but I had bought an area hiking pass for the week which entitled me to 50% discount on the ski pass and equipment hire ), I took my own boots and clothing.

Check out the Kitzsteinhorn here
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy