Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

First pair of skis and boots (Bargain skis?)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi I have been skiing a few times and can go down the red runs without falling over. That is not to say that It looks as graceful as one might have hoped. I am hoping to do alot of skiing in the near future. I shall be skiing in Scotland this winter (weather permitting) as much as possible. And am thinking of going to pas de la casa in january as it seems to be around £150 cheaper than the french alps.

I was looking at Rossignol Zenith Z5, Volkl Supersport 4 star or 5, and perhaps k2 apache crossfire.
filarinskis.co.uk is selling the zenith for only £240 inc bindings. Is that not a bit of a bargain?

As to boots I was hoping to get some Tecnica Vento or Head edge superheat 10.5 . Would Ellis-Brigham think I was a bit strange if I wanted to buy some boots now?

Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Edmundh009, I don't see why they'd think it strange, lots of ski shops have sales on at the moment, but a tip for you, get the boots first, bindings need to be mounted to suit the boots remember wink
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Edmundh009,

Also, don't go to a bootfitter having decided what boot you want - they'll tell you what will suit you. It's worth getting boots well fitted and getting footbeds - they should last you years.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks. just realised the Apache is more of an off piste ski. I will want something that does perhaps 80% on and 20% off piste. I know these First time buyer posts have been done to death but I would like to make an informed decision.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Edmundh009,

The best thing you can do is demo a few different skis and decide which feels best to you. Everyone has different opinions and unless you know exactly what sort of ski you like, listening to others' opinions isn't a huge help.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I know demo is the best idea. But I do like getting the odd bargain. I can't see how I can do this in the middle of august. I live in Stirling which is too far away from any snowdome though Glasgow is getting a snowdome Smile in early 06.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Well if you're happy to risk it then just get the best deal you can on something that might be suitable and hope that if you don't like them you can try and flog them.

But they won't be a bargain if you don't like them! wink
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Edmundh009, If you get a job doing ski servicing you will not have a problem getting cheap skis wink
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Edmundh009, the only problem with buying boots now is that ski shops won't have their full range of stock in - they'll have the left-overs from last season. You may get a cheaper pair but they may not be the best pair to fit your feet. Cheap boots can be a false economy.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy