Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Am I mad

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi I have only recently joined the Snowheads forum and would like some input on a possible job.

I was on the natives website and noticed Ski technician courses these courses cost around £330 and are said to offer a qualification at the end of it. What I want to know is, are these courses worth it? I want to use my qualification to hopefully get a job in a resort next year as I have severely limited work experience and I thought this may improve my chances of getting work. I want to do this next year as I will have finished my degree by then (Ba Hons Marketing). How much can one expect to earn weekly as a Ski Technician and what are my chances.

Thanks for taking the time to read this Smile
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Edmundh009, welcome to snowHeads snowHead although I can't help you with your query - sorry!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi Edmundh009, I've been considering doing one of those courses, although in my case it will primarily be to improve my own skills and knowledge on the subject, certainly it might help you get a job doing ski service work, but bear in mind if you are doing service work you may not get much time off to go skiing, as to how much you earn I'd say it would depend on where you were based, e.g. Switzerland would probably pay the best but will have the highest cost of living, also note that more poular resorts will have more work and that may mean working late into the night
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Edmundh009, yes they are useful, my daughter's boyfriend did the course but he was already employed by us at our chalet, although he did manage to supplement his meagre income by servicing guest's skis and boards. I'd contact a company like Ski Olympic who hire skis and boots to their guests. I know they employ ski-technicians in a number of their chalets. Don't expect to earn much, probably about £60-£70 per week but you do get your room and board and a season's ski-pass. There's also the opportunity to supplement your wage by working part-time for a local ski-hire shop, usually at night or by servicing guests skis and boards.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the input. I will probably go for the course then. Even if it is just for my own equipment and not for a job. £70 a week seems pretty tight to me. How would I be able to maintain my vast social like Wink
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Edmundh009, Ski technicians don't have a social life, well maybe one or two nights in a week but that's it
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Edmundh009,

If you want a social life and time to ski then go for something like a bar job.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Edmundh009, First Choice also do their own ski hire, but treat their employees like s**t! If you think about it, £60 per week + room & board (around £100 pw min) + season skipass (about £600) is not too bad a deal - it's really just pocket money. However, if going for a British TO, make sure you WILL get all your wages (they sometimes find excuses to hold money back and not pay you), and check out the contract re uniform - sometimes they make you pay for these as well.

Good luck & welcome to snowHead

PM me if you want any info on LDA Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Edmundh009, welcome snowHead
I know a couple of peolple who have done the course and worked in the resorts BUT ended up doing other jobs but unless you give it ago..you will never know Confused
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy