Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austria: Ski Amade Snow Report: 2011/2012

Poster: A snowHead
It is snowing in Zauchensee right now and feels like it could snow right down here in Altenmarkt!

How can the weather change so quickly in less than 24 hours - yesterday it was 25+ degrees Celcius now it is 0 degree and blowing a hooley with snow added for good measure.
Check it out here:

http://www.skigebiet-zauchensee.com/en/index.php

snowHead snowHead

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 16-01-12 14:56; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Zauchensee this morning. Also snowed above Schlaming and Obertauern (I know it is outside Ski amadé Smile )

latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Still a bit of snow in the shade at the very top of some of the peaks round the Dachstein and Schladming. Temperatures fell over 28C in parts of Austria on Saturday before summer returned on Sunday.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
If you're quick and click the link below you'll see a 25 degree drop from Fri to Sat from weather station on Hochwurzen peak (Schladming). I've just been away so missed it all, weather seems just like when I left, hot and sunny.

http://lawine-steiermark.at/images/diagramme/hochwurz_temp.png
from
http://lawine-steiermark.at/index.php?frame=stationen
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Samerberg Sue wrote:
How can the weather change so quickly in less than 24 hours - yesterday it was 25+ degrees Celcius now it is 0 degree and blowing a hooley with snow added for good measure.

Because it's the mountains ... and we all love it!!!!!!!! snowHead snowHead Bring ........... it ............... on!!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Loads of work going on in Schladming ahead of WM 2013.

Here's a picture of how it should look when they have finished digging and filling the huge hole alongside Planet Planai.

Would add that there is a lot of free Wifi connectivity though out town.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
nozawaonsen wrote:
Loads of work going on in Schladming ahead of WM 2013.

Don't I know it! Living within earshot of most the building projects. The car park pictured above has been a 24 hour operation for several weeks now. The other side of where I live is a new road bridge being built, work normally starts about 6am. At a public meeting a couple of months back the despite many complaints from locals about the noise, traffic, road diversion etc the council just take the attitude it's all for the good of the town so put up with it. Is true to a degree but some better planning between the multiple projects would have eased some of the pain for residence and visitors. Though to be honest me and son like watching the big diggers, cranes, trucks, crazy disregard to health and safety, occasional helicopter coming in etc.

On a weather note looks like today is the last hot summers day for a while. Cooling off this coming week, though not much rain other than Monday so a pleasant week.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
waynos, Looking forward to your reports from Schladming this coming winter. Keep up the good work.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
waynos, are they clearing that space on the round about opposite the town hall for something? Seems to be a bit sparse and I noticed several of the shops next to it seem to have closed? Or is that just where the end of the "gate" will be?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
nozawaonsen wrote:
waynos, are they clearing that space on the round about opposite the town hall for something? Seems to be a bit sparse and I noticed several of the shops next to it seem to have closed? Or is that just where the end of the "gate" will be?
I think a hotel is planned to be built there but no signs of it happening at the moment. The opposite corner of the roundabout is now a temp car park but I was told will be the new police station and post office building. The top floor of the new car park is almost done now, no sign of the new sky gate yet, going in just above the gondola station. Lots of work happening on the night race piste into town. Some widening work on the final corner, means floodlights and snow making infrastructure all being relocated. A new chairlift is going in for the night race piste, probably for racers only but not sure. Also some new concrete foundations have been added above the "2013" lettering on the piste, not sure what these are for. Further work near mid station, a large trench has been dug out, too big just for pipes so maybe landscaping the downhill track for World Cup 2012 and World Champs 2013. Also from top of planai can see the new 6 man chair, KaiblingAlm http://www.hauser-kaibling.at/de/news/news_2011_12/alm6er.htm towards Hauser. nozawaonsen do you frequent schladming during the off season?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Winter is on the way here in the Hochkönig, we have snow predicted down to 1500 in the next 72hrs, might be time to get waxing em skis and head of for some touring ... Razz
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
It looks like snow Smile
Reiteralm above the clouds this morning
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
kerekip, Great pic, the sun is just breaking through in Schladming. An early snow teaser on the way for Monday, skis at the ready.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
waynos, we are forecast to have snow down to 1500m here and last night a few places had an air frost (measured at about 3m above ground level I believe). The temperatures are really going to take a dive as of tomorrow on this side of the Tennegeberge. I live at 800m and it was definitely a bit parky last night and early this morning. Toofy Grin
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
21cm forecast on upper slope in Flachau for Sun/Mon (Bergfex) Very Happy
ski holidays
Tick, looks like Bad Gastein for us over Christmas Smile
snow report
holidayloverxx, they have changed it to 62cm now Shocked Shocked that´s gotta be a typo Puzzled Puzzled if not, anyone want to come touring with me Very Happy
ski holidays
holidayloverxx, actually, just looked at Zauchensee 72cm,Bad Gastein, forecast 59cm and Dienten forecast 41cm, SO........wooohoooooo Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley
latest report
kooky, Bloody freezing and wet here could well be snowing overnight on the Hochries. Toofy Grin

And the German Weather Service has bought the snow line down to 1200m Shocked I'm still on summer tyres and have to drive into Munich tomorrow, down the mountain to the autobahn. Hopefully it won't be too cold and wet!
snow report
Just started raining and wind picking up here in Schladming. This forecast says on Monday snowline could hit 800m.
http://www.wetter.at/wetter/news/Massiver-Wettersturz-Vorsicht-jetzt-kommt-der-Winter/40686763
snow conditions
waynos, we have the first few flakes down to below 1500m - going down to 800m will cause me mega problems as I have summer tyres on and I live at 800m Shocked Shocked I have to get down to the motorway early tomorrow morning before I can breathe easily!
snow report
Samerberg Sue, still quite warm here but I guess that will change soon.I'd love to get out on touring skis tomorrow but even if there is enough somewhere up a mountain I've a very bruised and grazed leg at the moment following an incident with a wooden cattle grid whilst I was trying to be nice to ben, what the fool I am.
snow conditions
waynos, I heard about that - it sounded nasty. Lesson - don't be nice to Ben on cattle grids wink Laughing
ski holidays
Looks like snow down to 1200/1300 mark!

Radstadt mountain is covered down to the Sonnenalm below midstation!....
I know this is early but still reminds me that it is all on it way (combined with 'I best get on and finish all that rendering')
snow report
Bucket loads of the white stuff has fallen over night and it is looking like it should continue throughout the day, we will head upto 1500m later to take some shots and try and post them. In the village there is talk of 60cms up top ! lets hope it happens, it all helps getting those hills cooled before the season kicks off proper. NehNeh
ski holidays
Snowing in Schladming town! Hacking it down in fact. Just dropped son off at kindergarten, car said 0 degrees for town, -1 up the hill at Rohrmoos, approx 1000m, snow settling just out of town. I think lunch at the top of planai later.
snow report
Bottom of Hochwurzen 1143m. There's a streaming video link, see the sorry looking cows.

http://lyxus.net/ikii

*mod* - edited link to use a shortener, keeping the page a reasonable width!
latest report
Certainly fun in Radstadt now!... @ 850m!

http://www.austrian-adventures.com/shimages/1.JPG
http://www.austrian-adventures.com/shimages/2.JPG
http://www.austrian-adventures.com/shimages/3.JPG
http://www.austrian-adventures.com/shimages/4.JPG

It has killed my gazebo!!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
At least a foot of snow here in Bad Gastein and still snowing.

Can hear loud cracks every few minutes as large branches are snapped. Very little wind and the snow is wet so the trees are really struggling.
Wouldn't be surprised if some rooves collapsed either.

Railway line shut due to trees having fallen and brought down the electricity lines.
ski holidays
Just come down from the top of Planai (1800m), snowing very hard, 25cm on the ground. Saw 2 guys hiking to the top with snowboards strapped on their backs. I reckon to mid station on piste (grass underneath) would have been doable. As topjack, says many deciduous trees looking a bit limp under the weight on wet sow, saw a few branches down. I guess the fact they are fully leaved means they gather more snow than they are used too.
latest report
A few pics from last couple of days.

Snow on 18 Sep @ top of Planai, Schladming

Looking towards Dachstein on Wed 21 Sep

Rohrmoos II chair

Piste conditions 21 Sep around 10am, will probably be grass again by midday.

Bring on the winter. Very Happy
ski holidays
waynos, Great pics, thanks for posting. Be nice to the local powder gods.
snow report
Yup, agree - nice pics waynos snowHead
ski holidays
Looking out of my window in Flachau, it's scorchio. I can't see any snow here although there was a covering on the mountains as I drove down from Salzburg
snow report
holidayloverxx, early bird catches the worm. Wonderful day here too, the snow line is running up the hill, about 1700m at the moment I guess.

This webcam has a good history feature http://www.bergfex.at/reiteralm/webcams/c2085/ on the right hand side you can click through from 7am this morning and see the snow melting but go back to Monday and see the snow accumulating.
snow report
waynos, as soon as I've finished putting the curtains up.....
latest report
lovely pictures - snow and sunshine too!
latest report
waynos, love that picture of the chair lift at Rohmoos, it´s really unusual!
ski holidays
Schladming are gearing up for opening some lifts as soon as there's enough snow.
http://www.planai.at/winter/en/planai_news/News.html?viewPageDetails_ID=11861

Can't really see anything opening in too soon even with the heavy snow higher up today. Set to warm up again mid week. They did open up lifts here 5 years ago on 12 Oct and kept those running til winter season proper.

Currently very dark, heavy rain / sleet with snow around 1100m. Will pop up to Hochwurzen gondola soon to grab some warm soup and enjoy some very heavy snowfall
Very Happy
latest report
At top of hochwurzen.10 to 15cms.
Snow machines in operation.i guess just testing?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy