Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New Easyjet route from Bournemouth

Poster: A snowHead
A new Easyjet route from Bournemouth to Geneva running from December till April will go on sale from this Thursday
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
D G Orf,

Now that IS good news - 15 mins to the airport it doesn't get much better than that and large hand luggage allowance with easyjet! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
D G Orf, How far is Southampton to Bournemouth and Do you know the price difference of Easyjet & Flybe ?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Chris Brookes, prices and timetable not published yet, train from Southampton Airport to Christchurch approximately 50 mins, taxi from Christchurch station to the Airport 10 to 15 mins, by road it's probably 30 or 40 miles on motorway or dual carrigeway so possibly slightly quicker

I only heard the news on the local TV channel this evening
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
So really,flying into Southampton and then back out with Flybe would still be the easiest option for us when we travel by plane (without the dogs)
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Chris Brookes, definately unless of course the flights are better timed doing the Bournemouth route
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
There's going to be one flight a day each way; leaving GVA at 10:25 and arriving in BOH at 11:00, then 11:30 departure arriving in GVA at 14:05. The outbound prices start atm at £15.25, with the return at £15.99.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
So Chris in answer to your question it would be easier for you to travel on a Monday or Friday because that gives you the time to get the first flight out of Jersey get into Southampton and get the flight to Berne
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
D G Orf, most def,Thanks
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Chris Brookes, All my flights are on mondays so who knows, we might end up on the same flight
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
D G Orf, you never know Laughing I would pre-warn you first Razz
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Chris Brookes taxi from Soton to Bmth airport cost me £30 one way last season - can't recall taxi co but it's based at Bournemouth airport and was the cheapest rate I could find, very helpful staff (NOT a local Soton taxi co - wounded bulls would feel ashamed to charge as much as a Soton cabbie...) Load up taxi with 4pax and it's £7.50pp each way. Price not bad, really, considering it's £11 from our door in Ocean Village to Soton airport.

Michelle, is that one flight each way, each DAY?
Coz one of the probs with Flybe is that they only fly some days of the week and the days vary from route to route.

Mind you, £15.99+taxes one way ain't bad....
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Manda, thanks for that.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Manda, yes, that's a daily flight.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Have just checked and last flight is March 25th, so not to clever for anything end of season Sad

But first flight out is December 15th!
snow report
Being bored surfing this am, Well its August and business is slow!

There are still £16.00 flights B'mth to Gva to be had in January and February. (If you fiddle around there is a calendar view that lets you see 2 weeks flights/prices at the same time.)

BUT What does the following mean exactly?

Travelling with skis / snowboard, Skis/snowboards (including boots and poles),
are subject to charge of £10 per item per flight. The charge is non-refundable.

Does this mean if I check in my boot bag and ski bag and poles I am charged £30.00 (£10.00 per item)
or
Skis including boots and poles £10.00 ?
snow report
boredsurfin, no charge for boots and poles. I think you will only be charged if you had skis or a snowboard.If you had both then £ 20 each way
latest report
Chris Brookes, It's a bit vague, as always the devil's in the detail.
snow report
boredsurfin, true
ski holidays
Michelle woohoo!
ski holidays
What is the parking like at Bournemouth? Convenient? Expensive?
snow conditions
rob@rar.org.uk, the airport is actually closer to Christchurch, they've two long stay car parks for 6 to 8 days the priced is £32.50, it's a small airport so everything is close to the terminal, but they have a very long runway,Link to the Airport
snow conditions
The press release says the last flight will be the 14th of April rolling eyes
ski holidays
D G Orf, thanks. Must work out how long it would take to drive from home to Christchurch. Is it easy to get to the airport from the M3?
snow conditions
rob@rar.org.uk,
Hurn airport or Bournemouth International as it is sometimes known Very Happy Is abot a mile and a half off the A338 'Spur Road before B'mth. From the M3 carry on the A31 and then just off the A338 about 1 mile before Bournrmouth( all are mway standard)
As I said here, I am really impressed with B'mth. They are planning ahead and have already started building a new larger car park before the new flights start Very Happy

From South London I think it would probably take an hour and a half depending on traffic your end Very Happy
snow conditions
rob@rar.org.uk, it's very easy unless you have Microsoft Autoroute, because for some strange reason the airport does not appear on the map Shocked I mean the runway's only been there since WWII Shocked Shocked

However as boredsurfin, says it's easy to get to, it's the first turning off the A338 then turn right at the T junction traffic lights onto the B3073, carry on straight across the next set of lights, at the roundabout turn left staying with the B3073, then it's just about 1/2 a mile to the right hand turn to the airport, it's a very easy route, however the road can get very busy between 8.30 and 9.30 in the mornings and 4.30 and 5.30 in the afternoons during weekdays as there's a largish industrial estate at the back of the airport and people use the road as a cut throgh
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy