Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Recommended resorts close to Zurich airport

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone like to give me some info on good resorts that are close to Zurich airport - am willing to travel about 3 hours (by car) to get to destination

Other factors are:
1) decent ski area/ ski pass coverage - good mix of intermediate skiing (and some at beginner level as well - have 4 newbies in tow as well)
2) affordable accommodation
3) access to high skiing (as we plan to travel 1st week of January and were undone by weather last year in Serre Chevalier - which i know was unusual but still frustrating!)

any and all suggestions gratefully received
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
So long as you are not trying to get in to a resort for Newyears eve/ Newyears day you could probably leave things till the last minute and see where the snow is
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
doogo, take a serious look at Flims-Laax. Big spectacular ski area, up to glacier level, with some superb runs.

If you're going a few days after New Year I wouldn't pay upfront for any accommodation anywhere. Wait for positive snow reports. If you want to book ahead, I'd do it on a cancellable basis since it's low season and accommodation is up for grabs.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Tue 2-08-05 10:44; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Look at the resort websites as there will often be some attractive packages in January. e.g accomodation, lift pass, ski hire, lessons combined.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
David Goldsmith, thanks for that reply - have had a look at the flims-laax website and goski.com, ifyouski.com for comments and it does look great - any chance you have any recommendations for accommodation for a group on a not-too-expansive budget?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
doogo, I second the Flims recommendation. Nice resort with just the right mix for everything from beginner to expert. I've spent two weeks there. once in Flims in Hotel Crap Ner (don't worry about the name) and once up on the mountain in Berghaus Nagens. Nagens was pretty basic with big dormitories. Not everyones idea of fun being stuck in a room with thirty other snoring individuals!
Had a great time both times.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy