Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Madesmio

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone been to Madesimo lately. I last went there in the mid 80s when learning to ski, going back next week for a couple of days. I remember it as not very big by the town, with the best skiing available via cable car connection to higher skiing if weather ok. The higher skiing included a run called the Canelone. I'm looking forward to trying this run again now that I can ski, rather than lower intermediate trying out a pair of stiff Kastle super G's length 208!!!
Staying at the La meridiana as before, which was then pretty basic and looks the same on the web site.
Town as I remember didn't have that much in the way of shopping or bars.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Well, it hasn't changed much. if the weather is bad and windy they close all upper half runs and lifts (Valdi Lei) Canalone included.
The major change is that the Canalone has been declared "off-piste". So "they" can close it at will with any kind of claim (avalanche risks, bad weather, the doc told-me-so).
I went there twice this season, one in november and one in january.
November was fantastic, snow was crisp, being before the season official start the runs were populated only by "hard core" skiers and boarders, there was an air of comraderie that I had not experienced in some years.
Canalone was closed thought.
In january, bad weather, and the upper half of the lift were closed more than in november), still had a nice day. But it was soo cold that a couple of person of the group had mild congestions.
Now, comparedto last week, where it snowed even at my village, it seems
spring (temp around 20 centigrades during the day here in Milan) so weather there should be really enjoyable next sat. make a lot of turns, and take no prisoners.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have been to Madesimo twice, the last time was at Christmas (just gone). It's a really nice little resort, but little is the important bit - we'd skied it all in 2 days & were a bit bored by the end of the week. The trip over to Val di Lei is definately worth it - I thought it was the best skiing. I think they've had a big dump of snow in the last week or so - check www.madesimo.com for the webcams. Best bit is that there are no drag lifts - hurrah!!
Town is pretty quiet - a few shops but not much else
Enjoy
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just back after two days skiing. Exellent place for a quickie trip. The snow there is perfect at the moment, thoroughly enjoyed. They opened the Canalone on the second day. Glad to have done it again but pretty exhausted by the end of it. Not skiied a run that long with those conditions (powder, crust, ice) before.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy