Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snowhead gear

Poster: A snowHead
How about it? I can see it now. Bars across the Alps etc., full of skiers all wearing 'Snowhead' T-shirts and having a great time. snowHead

I'm sure if we put our heads (snow ha ha) together we could get enough people to order. Get them ready for the start of next season. Perhaps have 2 different colours, the word 'Snowheads' and the byline. Come on, if the SCGB can have one with little snowflakes on it, we can beat that! Toofy Grin

Who is the person to rubber stamp the 'yes' on this?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Still waiting for me hat Sad
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
T shirrts and similar clothing items should not be a problem as the logo can be printed on, anything that requires stitching would be more expensive, if enough people were interested and U-brain was willing (it is after all his baby) I'd be willing to do a little research with regard to costs and availability so that we could all have something for next season, or even the summer, however in order to keep the costs down I think we'd need to have several hundred items made and not everyone is the same size !
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I guess you could do a poll with a variety of sizes as a starting point, and also ask for those interested to indicate with a short post, so you'd have their names if the idea went ahead.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Of course we could go with a nice metal badge (they can be made into all sorts of shapes) or a sticker (really cheap)
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I know Natives have helped out others with this sort of thing. just tell them the stuff will be reversible so get "natives" printed on the inside where you cant se eit
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Well that's one idea I've not heard of before Shocked
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Beverley, what catchphrase? I like Cedric's suggestion... "To ski, or not to be"...

But the oddest things catch on - the French equivalent, Skipass, took off on the back of "In tartiflette we trust" of all things!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I know Natives have helped out others with this sort of thing. just tell them the stuff will be reversible so get "natives" printed on the inside where you cant se eit
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Now I've heard everything ! "In tartiflette we trust" I mean is it going to help in a serious accident, "Oh mighty tartiflette please save me from the oncoming avalanche !" At which point a giant wall of tartiflettes suddenly appears between yourself and the avalanche, I think not Laughing
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Umm nik why did you post that twice ?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
D G Orf, Very Happy .... but I bet you'll never forget it, all the same!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I rather like 'In Tartiflette we Trust'! It won't save me from an avalanche, but it will save me from those late afternoon hunger pangs!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ah but the problem is that whilst it may work in France or even the french speaking part of Switzerland it won't anywhere else, we need something a little more universaly understood
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Oh and PG probably not Laughing
snow report
Ah but McDonald's is universaly understood - doesn't stop it being merde though!
snow report
Starving for Carving ?

works for skis and boards
snow report
Red Dave - True, but then you get the odd exception to the rule, in Interlaken Switzerland, the McDonalds has to use Swiss Beef in their burgers instead of the shipped in McCardboard efforts used elsewhere in the world, result - their burgers actually are not at all bad.

ise maybe, more useful I think would be to find out what people want and how much they'll pay for it. Then U brain can decide what to do about it
snow conditions
D G Orf, A list of suggested catch phrases, then a poll? Not that U has to take a blind bit of notice, of course Wink
ski holidays
Snowheads "gear" good idea - ezzpecially T-shirt (sorry cathy, hat no good as wear helmet - but could get logo onto helmet: now there's an idea...)
Wish I could think up good catchphrase, but brain on strike (or maybe it's the gases - posting from operating theatre...)
ski holidays
Well that's got to be one of the more unusual places to post from ! I think stickers and badges would be a good option, the badges could go on any fleece or hat etc. Whilst stickers could be applied to skis, cases and even helmets
latest report
Stickers good idea, low-cost option to start with. The catchphrase itself though is key. Has to be 'unforgettable'.
snow report
Why do we have to have a catch phrase ?
ski holidays
T-shirts and hats great idea, thinking of a logo, not very good at that!
Jonpim, A possible new thread, Where do you post from. Please keep an eye on patients BP! Smile
snow report
No I think the logo is more or less ok, but it's weather or not we should have a catch phrase, that is the question, weather nobler to stick with a plain logo or have a catch phrase that will catch the hearts and minds of those who see it, I now there's the rub !
snow conditions
Sorry drifted off there for a second Shocked
snow conditions
D G Orf, Spose we don't, but as an example, a few times over the years when I've forgotten the name of the French forum (skipass) I've googled 'in tartiflette we trust' and up it comes. 'snowHeads' alone is good, but not necessarily memorable....
ski holidays
Love Snow, Live Snow, Eat Snow!!!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Let me get this straight, you can't remember skipass but you can remember in tartiflette we trust ? Anyway the logo is snowheads so all you have to do is add .com to the end and there you are, if yo have a badge it shouldn't prove too dificult to remember .... I hope Laughing
snow report
Sorry, I thought the catch phase was already there on the logo - 'love snow, live snow, eat snow'. Assumed you would use the logo and these words together with the website address.

We could do a poll (have seen them on this site, but computer-wise don't know how you get them up) where people vote their size (S, M, L)and perferred colour (give 2 options - say red or blue?). Would have thought we could get enough for a minimum order with a company. Is there anyone out there with experience of t-shirt ordering? I would be prepared to pay £15 for a Snowhead t-shirt and would certainly wear it in the gym or out rowing as well.

Stickers would be good. We could slap them on bootbags etc.

Just a thought, the 'love snow' etc byline is a bit long and they need to be short and snappy. How about 'Snowheads - a passion for the white stuff' (or does that make us sound like druggies?!). We need Murray Walker, he was the man who came up with 'A mars a day helps you work rest and play!'.
ski holidays
Ok what about a nice enamelled metal badge with the snowheads logo on it (i.e the one with the smiley and snow) and stickers and possibly items of clothing thith the logo and the byline as well as there would be more space on those ?
snow report
DG, I ment to say catchphrase, excuse my pre senile dementia. Very Happy
latest report
D G Orf, Exactly right! Must be all the times I've fallen over on the pistes and/or bar. What's left of the brain cells can't remember anything too straightforward. I'm sure I couldn't say the current catchphrase (love, live etc) after a pint too many. It would make a good tongue twister.... try saying it several times on the trot....
latest report
Enamelled badge is a good idea, but remember you wouldn't be able to pin it to you ski jacket as piercing the material will break the waterproofing. I only think of this as one instructor I know had problems as the only way he could stitch his qualification badge to his jacket was to have it professionally done and the stiching re-sealed for waterproofing. But, by all means, pin it to your bobble hat!
snow report
Beverley I pin my DHO badge to my fleece, that way it doesn't get lost and I don't damage the goretex jacket, of course you could always put a sticker on the jacket but I wouldn't reccomend it Razz
snow report
A sticker (or sowable patch) would be great for my bootbag and luggage, make it easy to spot on the conveyor belt at the air port. Also like the hat idea. I doubt it'd cost much to do, and if you marked it up a bit it'll help support this site while allowing us to get cool snow heads gear Smile
latest report
The hat is definitely work in progress...not sure about any other items.
ski holidays
Sewable patches are a pain, they cost quite a bit to produce and they rarely end up on clothing because nobody thinks they have the required level of skil to sew the patch on without making a mess. Stickers on the other hand can be cheaply prodduced on a roll and cheaply sent through the post. I'm not sure about pins .
snow conditions
Personally my vote is for a fleecy hat - that says 'snowHeads.com'
Preferably in navy!
latest report
Ian Hopkinson, Sounds good, but as mountain mad, says, will it be snowHeads.com, or just plain showHeads? My vote is for the former.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy