Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing/boarding injuries

What kind of injury?
None
15%
 15%  [ 9 ]
Minor scrapes and bruises
29%
 29%  [ 17 ]
Minor twists/sprains
14%
 14%  [ 8 ]
Torn ligaments
15%
 15%  [ 9 ]
Fractures
8%
 8%  [ 5 ]
Back injuries
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Neck injuries
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Head injuries
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Several of the above!
12%
 12%  [ 7 ]
Voted : 1
Total Votes : 57

Poster: A snowHead
It's all self inflicted - too many years of playing rugby & other silly games takes it's toll. I'm sure he'll still be flying down mountains with me trying to keep up for a few years yet.

I was a very good physio for when he had his ACL recon - no skivving off those exercises when I'm around! Twisted Evil

(hooray post 100)
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Mostly minor. Slammed into the snow face-first back in the safety strap days and suffered a bloody nose (can I say that on a UK site Wink??!!). Also, caught a downhill edge when trying to figure out what an asteroid was going to do next and slammed into a hardpacked piste with shoulder and thumb. I was more worried about the thumb, but it turns out I got bursitis from the shoulder slam.

Last winter, on the best day of the year (during the "Storm of the Century"), I was skiing at Breck from the top of the T-bar. We had skied the same run multiple times in about 2'-3' of fresh powder, not much caring where we went. I took a line between some trees and dropped about 10' off a little cliff. The drop was a surprise, and when I landed, I fully "bottomed out" my suspension (that is, my legs), and the snow grabbed my hands and pretty near yanked my arms out of their sockets! I think I'm still dealing with the result and I'm trying to avoid an MRI. Yes, this was a year ago!!! Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thumb ligamant on the local dry slope 3 weeks before 1st ever ski holiday. After persuading the dubious orthopaedic surgeon that I didn't need a plaster, my pa-in-law got me a thermoplastic splint. An extra large ski glove meant it didn't ruin my holiday after all. Also, he could treat it with ultrasound etc to speed up the healing. The good thing was I couldn't iron, cook or clean as it was my right thumb. Wink
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Chris Angus, Interesting article about skiing and cruciate damage:

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/03/18/sports/othersports/18SKI.html?ex=1080190800&en=305c438cc9cf4901&ei=5062
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
PG, great article - cheered me up almost as much as your Gravity one. More positive waves please.
(When do you get up?!)
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Kids wake up between 5.30 and 6 (French time). So, therefore , do we! They do a lot of sport, homework as soon as they get in or first thing in the morning, eat early, crash out early (8 pm-ish). The regime at a ski-study school is really intensive, numerous sports apart from skiing such as judo/wrestling/rugby/balance sports/interval training/cross country (boys and girls). They need their kip! As do I, by 10pm I'm out of it.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Lucie, don't worry about getting back out there - I snapped my ACL in april 2002, had reconstruction in July 2002, and was out doing off-piste by Jan 2003. A bit naughty but worth it. Lots and lots of swimming, cycling etc... and a fair splash of determination.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
PG I'd been wondering how you managed to get so many posts done in th eearly hours, now I know snowHead
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
And actually managed to squeeze in a couple of hours on the slopes this morning as well!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
PG, thanks for sharing that Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Well if it makes you feel better, I was too cold to start with, dislike skiing on hardpack that is very close to ice in places low down, had about 20 minutes when everything was perfect, then it got far too hot, I was knackered from being laid up all week, out of breath, and then nearly came a major and damaging cropper on the way down I was in such a hurry to get back. Not my best morning!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
PG, still better than a morning in the office snowHead
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Still better than a morning in this country Crying or Very sad
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
marc I'd agree with that
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
seconded!
ski holidays
dolphingirl, There's still time to book that night train to Bourg St Maurice tomorrow night.... apartment all ready and waiting, perfect weather organised, I'll even pick you up from the station Wink
latest report
Wipe-out? How to avoid injury.....

http://www.skimag.com/skimag/instruction/article/0,12795,596913,00.html
ski holidays
None...........so far! Touch wood!

well depends if you count injured pride Wink in the bar afterwards?
latest report
Nooooooooooooooooo.... what about the weekend after???? Very Happy
snow conditions
I have had no serious injuries though hurt my knee slightly once doing something stupid though forget what.

The only thing I broke was a ski which I inherited from my mum when I was young.

I was trying to keep up with my dad on the Mannlichen near where the Mannlichen chairlift is now, and my right ski caught a rut and I came a major cropper. One of my skis came off but the other found the strain all roo much and snapped at the front. The only thing holding the two pieces together was the plastic upper part. I took them off and had every intention of walking all the way down to Holenstein (The chairlift still being the mother and father of all horrible teabars at that time). Thankfully my brother spotted me and order me to put my skis back on and ski down leaning right back. Thank goodness otherwise it would have taken me the rest of the day to do it.

We took the skis down to the ski shop and let the mechanic look at them and he just waved his hands and said caput. I hired for the rest of my holiday.

All I can say is I am glad it was the ski and not my leg that snapped.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy