Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snowmobile deaths

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Don't think this sort of thing is allowed in Europe? Apparently in the States more snowmobilers die in avalanches than skiers.

http://news.statesmanjournal.com/article.cfm?i=77037
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
A recent account of a snowmobile death ....
http://www.denverpost.com/Stories/0,1413,36~53~2009859,00.html

The only trips I've been on have kept strictly to the marked runs. Anyone been on guided tours that take you off-piste in Europe? Any laws about where you take privately- owned snowmobiles?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The only law I'd be interested is one which confines snowmobiles to the nearest breaker's yard.

Obviously they have genuine applications for people doing work on mountains, but recreational use should be banned.

That also applies to jet skis. People go to mountains and the seas for peace and tranquility. I imagine these machines scares the living daylights out of mountain and marine wildlife.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
You're quite right of course. Although I have to admit that I loved the sensation, my conscience was telling me that I shouldn't be there. The racket for any creature within a couple of miles must be terrifying. I promise I shan't do it again Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
David Goldsmith wrote:
The only law I'd be interested is one which confines snowmobiles to the nearest breaker's yard.

FYI: Return of the Snowmobile ?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
davidof, should have known you would have an article on it somewhere Smile
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Let's try and keep at least the European slopes clear of these infernal machines, I have no prblems with a few workers and first aid guys using them in a resort but I'd hate to see a bunch of slightly tipsy tourists allowed out on them. The expression that comes to mind is "Disaster waiting to happen"
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've done snowmobile tours a couple of times. Always on marked runs though.
There tremendous fun. But the saftey aspect is a bit outlawish though.
If any one knows the narrow winding hairpin turn green run back to les deaux Alpes from the top, I left behind a wee mess once when i nearly went over the edge.
I was about a nano second from jumping off the damn machine...
I wasn't even being daft on it.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Jet skis rock, i love them, excellent fun;) never been on a snowmobile, they do look like fun though. In my eyes anything with an engine is good.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Surely, if we're going to get all environmental about things, we shouldn't be in the mountains at all.

The environmental impact of a few snowmobiles pales into insignificance compared to the upset caused by high alttitude pollution by jets, the impact of building, and the energy requirement to run all those lifts.

Snowmobiling is great fun, some people love it, some people hate it, but don't try and pretend that you're being environmentally responsible by sticking to skis.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Kramer, True indeed, mentioned elsewhere in a thread about driving to resorts, encouraging foreign ownership of property, raising prices. I pointed out that the number of single-driver/no passenger vehicles going into London every day - despite recent measures - dwarfs the impact of a few Brit owners of properties in the Alps. And of course as you say, one jumbo crossing the Atlantic is worth how many vehicles polluting the roads each day. Tens of thousands?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy