Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Broken leg

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi! I'm from the UK but am based in New Zealand at the moment. I came here with the intention of combining a working holiday with doing some skiing whenever possible during the winter...the problem being that I broke my leg in the first few weeks of being here (2nd April) while playing football!

I've had surgery to insert an IM nail in to my Tibia. Does anyone know what the recovery time is for this type of injury? (basically i am trying to find out if I have any chance of skiing this coming season which starts around the end of June through to early October I think). Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ozzcymru, Welcome to snowheads, Bad luck with the leg, must have been some tackle!

I think that general advice would be 12-16 weeks but having had it pinned should mean an earlier recovery.

You will be having regular X-rays and you will be able to get a much clearer idea after the first 2 follow up appointments. They will show how quickly you bone is knitting back together or if there are any prolems

A lot will depend on your personal physiology, the severity of the break, how much fragmentation there was and the quality of the surgery

More will depend on what intend skiing when the season starts? I may be tempted to suggest that the best way forward would be to sit out the start of the seasom or possibly (god forbid) look at boarding for a while till and certianally waiting till your consultant gives you the all clear.

Having said that I have skied with my arm in a full cast before so you could always look at fitting your walking cast with a boot sole plate Smile Smile Toofy Grin

You will find that there a pleny snowHead 's that have skied whole seasons on broken legs, backs, or similar injuries, Some quality responses to my first post on here : > http://www.snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1362627&highlight=broken+cast#1362627
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hey, thanks for the advice.

I have my first 'follow up x-ray' next week so i'll take things step by step. I'm actually having more pain in my knee at the moment than what i'm getting from the actual leg (don't know if thats a good thing or not!!)

I'm a bit more posotive after reading your link...if those guys can ski a season on a broken leg..then surely i can catch some part of the season Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy