Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Recommendations for ski instructor in the north please :)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Unfortunately (or fortunately) my ex and I are no longer on speaking terms so I can't ask his advice on all things skiing like I would before. I've moved up to Northallerton now so am looking for recommendations up in this neck of the woods please.

Snozone at Castleford would seem to be the one to go for but I've heard that it's pretty dire now with a lot of not very good instructors as most of the good ones have left. I've done quite a bit of skiing but would say that I hit the intermediate plateau and stayed there. I can do easy bumps, have no interest in freestyle and just want to improve and enjoy. I don't have a lot of money so it's either the coaching sessions as a group of the very odd private lesson. I don't mind going to a dry slope if there is one with good recommendations.

Sort of a follow on question, is there any news on the dome at Middlesbrough? Any idea of what they are likely to be offering or what it's likely to be like compared to the Snozones (I am more familiar with MK)? Thanks
ski holidays     
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not sure about coaching at Castleford. But if you head up to Sunderland(Silksworth) there are two clubs Ravens (wed) and Tigers (Thursday) where you can get coaching. Also do a session at Castleford once per month.
snow conditions     
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
As far as I understand that Middlesbrough dome is still on track but still some scepticism about whether it will reach fruition. I think the braehead operator is involved so the Glasgow dome may be the best comparison.
ski holidays     
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I guess Iím similar to you, I learnt several years ago and have done a few winter seasons in the alps but since then havenít improved at all (probably gotten worse to be fair!). I recently started trying to get to the development coaching sessions at Castleford and Iíve found them really helpful. My work schedule changes quite a lot but thereís plenty of options for dates and times.
ski holidays     

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy