Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Wengen / Jungfrau Region 05/06

Poster: A snowHead
So which snowHeads are going to be in the area next season and when ?

Currently I'm going to be there

19/12 - 02/01
09/01 - 16/01
and
30/01 - 27/02

Of course if the snow is good I might have to add a few more weeks at the end of the season wink

I know there will be a few of us in the area over the season so it would be nice to arrange some meetings
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have just booked from the 1st Feb to 10th Feb 2006
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
riverman, where will you be staying ?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
David
I was looking to fit a week in immediately after Christmas. However, since Christmas Day this year falls on a Sunday, many tour operators fly Saturday to Saturday which wasn't really what I wanted. Having arranged independant ski holidays in the past for last minute Easter trips, I thought I'd see what cheap flights (if any) were available departing Boxing Day for about a week. FlyBe to Bern was unavailable for those dates, but I was able to get Easyjet from Luton to Basel for £75 return (+ £20 ski carriage) returning 3 Jan, so I booked that yesterday Very Happy . I tried e-mailing the Alpenrose in Wengen, but Fiona von Allmen replied that they were fully booked for that period Sad . Anyway I have now arranged accomodation at the hotel Schutzen in Lauterbrunnen (owned by Paul von Allmen - presumably related to the Alpenrose von Allmens?). Not quite so convenient for Wengen, (although from memory the train only takes about 15minutes up to Wengen?) but easier to get to Murren (which I have not yet skied). The plus point of staying down in Lauterbrunnen is that it is cheaper - 3 star hotel single room with private facilities, TV, phone, radio etc. 95 SFr/day half board Very Happy
If you want I can meet you at the SCGB/DHO meeting area by the Hotel Eiger steps on the morning of the 27th for a Snowheads meeting snowHead - say about 9:30?

Cheers
Alastair
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Alastair Pink, no close relation to the Alpenrose von Allmens, there are several people of that name in the area, I could probably see you at the Eiger steps on the 27th though snowHead
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
D G Orf, We are still waiting for the 2005/2006 Swiss Travel brochure. I would have thought it would have been out by now - think I will chase them up on it.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Alastair Pink, the other good thing about skiing in Murren while staying in Lauterbrunnen is that you can ski down from Murren to Lauterbunnen !!

D G Orf, Our dates are still in the air but once sorted i will let you know .

Lets all hope its going to be a good snow season !! snowHead
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
IncogSkiSno, first edition is definately supposed to be out now

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Mon 18-07-05 21:15; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I thought they were quite expensive compared to Inghams etc ?!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Chris Brookes, I think IncogSkiSno, may have some vouchers or something to use with Swiss Travel
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
D G Orf, I would have thought something would have been out by now. We are on their mailing list so . . . Puzzled

Yes holiday is courtesy of Tescos vouchers! Laughing
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
IncogSkiSno, I know it's odd Confused
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
D G Orf I am staying at the Sunstar
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
IncogSkiSno, just been into the local travel agents and no sign of the Swiss Travel brochures anywhere, not helped by the fact that Swiss Travel appear to have changed their brochure distributor (who didn't answer the phone Shocked ) without telling any of the agents Shocked Shocked
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
riverman,well at least you have a good bar then Confused
snow conditions
IncogSkiSno, Tesco vouchers !! your lucky thing,wish we had Tescos here.
snow conditions
Chris Brookes, It's taken 2 years of saving them to get enough for the Holiday. Mr I wants to go to Zermatt so I'm not sure where we will end up going yet. It is his 50th, so he will have the final say (money permitting) - he wants to ski Italy so if we go to Zermatt he can go over to Cervinia. Decisions, decisions, I think there is another snowHead who has the same dilemma as me. Confused
ski holidays
Eitherway,you will be skiing.Lets hope its a good snow season wink
snow report
Has anyone stayed at the St. George in Interlaken? How are the conditions usually in mid February? Puzzled
latest report
Jean Claude Mogul, can't help you with St. George info but i can with the conditions. Which resort would you be skiing in ? (Murren,Wengen or Grindelwald)
snow report
Jean Claude Mogul, 99% of the time conditions in Mid February are perfect in the whole of the Jungfrau region. I've had 1 year when the snow was a bit thin but everything was still skiable and another year where we had too much snow but apart from that you should be fine.

Did you mean the Royal St Georges Hotel ? I know where it is but I've never been inside, it's right on the main road through Interlaken quite close to interlaken Ost station, I wouldn't stay in Interlaken and ski in the area as it takes so long to get to the resorts (about 1 hour on average from interlaken Ost station) plus say a further 30 mins to get to the mountain tops
ski holidays
D G Orf, Some years Wengen has hardly had snow compared to Murren around mid feb !
ski holidays
Chris Brookes, well maybe in the village but the pistes are usually ok especially since they installed the snow making machines, the standing snow can melt quite quickly due to the South facing aspect of Wengen, I've seen grass in the majority of the village but still been able to ski back with no problems
snow conditions
D G Orf,my comment related to how Wengen the village looked as from Winteregg in Murren.It often looked year after year very bare. It was a could investment of Wengen Tousrism buying the snow cannons a Laughing

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Sat 23-07-05 16:00; edited 1 time in total
latest report
Thanks Chris and DG that is the information I needed and wanted to hear. The wife has decided to become a non-skier after skiing over 35 years and wants to stay closer to the shopping areas. The trip to the different mountains and back gives time to plan the day and have a "cold one" Razz on the return.
snow report
Jean Claude Mogul, might get bored of shopping around in Interlaken.We visited Interlaken for the day and found that the shops mirrored each other and what they did have wasnt very interesting.....our view thou !! plus i was getting withdrawal symptoms of not being on skis for a few hours snowHead

If you haven't been to the Jungfrau Region before .....you both will love it Exclamation

Checkout my link below 'my photo galley' has pictures of of Murren,surrounding mountain peak in summer/winter or visit D G Orf Junfgrau site http://uk.geocities.com/david.orf@btinternet.com/Jungfrau_Pages.html ...which he keeps saying he will update !! wink
snow conditions
Chris Brookes, yep I will update it one day...............

Jean Claude Mogul, there really is not much shopping in Interlaken, other than food, chocolate, jewellery, watches, power tools and model trains, there is one small department store and a few sports stores, that pretty much sums it up. Your wife could go to Bern for a trip it's only 1 hour from Interlaken and there are far more shops to see and places to go
latest report
D G Orf, Thun is a place to go aswell
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
and Bern - it's not very far
snow report
beanie1, I already said Bern Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
D G Orf,

Sorry, only read the last few posts! Smile
snow conditions
I will be out last week in January first week in Febuary.
ski holidays
I still don't know... Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
I think I'm going to be there 2nd week in March. My parents have booked flights to Basel that week, and knowing their track record I can't see us ending up anywhere else!!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy