Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Aspen beats Vail to offer America's most expensive daily lift ticket

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
A daily liftpass at Aspen next winter will be $78, up from $74 last winter and $1 more expensive than Vail's price of $77 last winter.

That said, Vail hasn't announced its price for 2005-6 yet, so Aspen's prestigious claim (!) may not last long.

This report from The Aspen Times.

Without checking, I imagine that these two Colorado resorts actually charge the highest prices in the world for a day's skiing. It used to be said that the prices reflected the high public liability insurance premiums the lift operators had to pay, but my understanding is that recent state legislation indemnifies Colorado's resorts from most skier lawsuits.

So why are these prices so high? Simply demand being more powerful than supply?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Probably exactly that, market forces; why would they charge less if they can get away with it? Aspen does (or did, 11 years ago) provide an excellent bus service between the hills, with nice, smiley people to put your skis in the racks and get them out again, and free (non-alcoholic) cider to drink while waiting the 5 mins or so for the next bus. I don't remember the lift systems themselves being anything special, although all the hills are pretty well laid out.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Did you feel it was good enough value to return to Aspen?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
David Goldsmith, well, I haven't done so for 11 years, and since then we've been a family of four, so Aspen is not the obvious choice. I'd like to return to Aspen, but not because the lift ticket is good VFM. It's a good resort, not in general as pricey (11 years ago) as you might expect.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
David Goldsmith, that's the window price, but no one pays the window price!
So, if you look, their 5 day peak season price is $365, i.e. $61 per day, mid season is $59 per day, and low season in $57 per day. So, if you go in January, up to 8th Feb, it works out at about £200 for a 5 day pass.

It's still expensive, but not as bad as some make out, and if the pound gets stronger again, the price drops considerably.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
David Goldsmith wrote:
Without checking, I imagine that these two Colorado resorts actually charge the highest prices in the world for a day's skiing.

Wouldn't a day at Milton keynes be more expensive than that? Wink
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Wear The Fox Hat, actually 20%-24% of punters pay the window price - according to that article in Aspen Times.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Does the prices that David quoted include Sales Tax?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
And yes a day at any of the snowdomes would be far more expensive
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
But who on earth would spend a full day in a snowdome? Is this really a worthwhile comparison?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
David Goldsmith wrote:
Is this really a worthwhile comparison?

No, just a feeble joke from me Smile
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy