Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Need a way to get on a ski holiday by myself!!

Poster: A snowHead
Okanagan, i think that was for everything except gear hire and lift pass
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
what size boots do you take, julia? Mrs NBT has some old boots, uk size 4.5 that you' be welcome to take. we even have some reasonable carving skis to fit them!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
that's great thanks, nbt, but I am a size 9!! Embarassed I have the biggest feet of about all the girls in my class. That's a very nice thought though, thankyou! Very Happy I always hire gear, I can't afford my own Sad
Thanks!
Julia
p.s r u coming to the EOSB?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
jeez, even if *i* get new boots I'm only a 7!

will 99% certainly be at eosb, week 2 though not week 1

maybe at preseason back too
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
darn, I am maybe going to be at the first week, the easter holiday week.
Yeah I know, I can only get men's shoes/trainers, it sucks...
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
crazy_skier_jules, if you make it to the EOSB I'm sure we can sort you some skis and boots out between us. I've probably got some, what sort of length ski would you expect to use?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
crazy_skier_jules, Dolcis, Faith, Barratts, Nine West all do Size Nine, my friend in Glasgow had large feet and went there or online! My other friend had a much harder time as she's only a 2.5!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Nadenoodlee, oh cool, thanks!
ise, I normally hire gear, but that's very kind of you all. I take 160 skis and I'm a size 8 or 9 depending on type. poles, i'd take a rough guess at 100 cms to 120cms
Thankyou everyone!
Julia
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
crazy_skier_jules, not sure if I got any at 160, well, I know we've got a pair of Stöckli Lasers at 156 but they're probably not quite the thing, I've certainly got a couple of pairs of 170's you can try that might be OK.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
You are working to a very tight budget-especially if you have to stick to school holidays as the budget flights are higher then and you still need to get a transfer. You could try for a flight to Chambery and then get the train to Bourg.I'm doing a budget trip on my own in early Jan and may look at youth hostels. There is one in Tignes http://www.fuaj.org/eng/hostels/aj_fiche.php?aj_id=125 as well as the others listed below. You can get a package deal at Les2Alps which includes lift pass and full board and afternoon tea which I reckon will come closest to what you need- 320-440 Euros which is a bargain considering the cost of the lift pass. From here, you can hire ski equip for 50 Euros. You should find other young people and there are some evening entertainments. The link is here
http://www.fuaj.org/montagne/navig_activite.php?aaffich=Activity.php&lang=en/&host=http://auberge-les-2-alpes.com&fuaj=1&season=winter&Activity_ID=142

Les 2 Alpes
Seez les Arcs
Val Cenis
Morzine
La Clusaz
Chamonix
Mont-Dore
Val d'Allos
Chamrousse
La Toussuire
Les Rousses
Autrans
Pontarlier
Annecy
Aix-les-Bains
Grenoble
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
here's the UK contact for winter activities booking
Grande Bretagne
Peter Edge - Ski teh Edge
Sandstones, Horwby Road - Wray
Lancaster L.A. 2.8.Q.N
customerservices@yha.org.uk
http://www.yha.org.uk phone: (44) 152 42 216 26 - fax 44 152 42 212 15
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
crazy_skier_jules, I really can't see that you would get an organised unaccompanied youth holiday for less than the one I suggested on the first page. If you add to your £200 budget, £110 for lift pass and £60 for equipment hire you are at £380, and you didn't mention whether food came into your initial figure either. The Gold Hill youth trip was about £420 and included everything, - travel, accommodation, all food, lift pass, equipment and even lessons if you want them.

I really don't think that you would beat that for a school holiday trip.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks for everything guys! But, I'm off to the Pre-Season Bash!! Whoohoo! And I may be going to the End Of Season bash as well. At least I get to go to the mountains!!
Julia
p.s cheerz for the offer ise, I think I'm hiring but I could try them.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
crazy_skier_jules, I'm now quite hopeful about EOSB. If Bev can get the time off work, we'll be going and we can help with lifts etc. Get saving! snowHead
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Might even drive down, which would be V cheap but tough! We'll see.
snow report
Hi Jules

My friends son joined the army cadets last year and as there is so much going on in the far east etc there were ski trips going for next to nothing. Her son went to France for a week for what was around £100 I think. Not sure of that mind you.

I know it is an extreme way of getting a holiday but if you enjoy getting out and doing stuff you might love army cadets anyway and I don't think it costs much except you have to buy your first pair of army boots.

If it wasn't for the safety/insurance thing I would invite you to stay with us. I hope it all works out for you.

Jo
latest report
I would take you free of charge if you were called crazy_boarder_jules lol! NehNeh Very Happy

Jules where ever you get to be careful 15 is very young to go on your own or even a group of friends, you could do with finding a family to go with.
Hope your dad gets better.
latest report
Jules - have you thought about maybe finding a French penpal/email friend who skis (and lives near a resort)? An exchange visit might help both your French and their English if they visit you. If you have any other aspect to your lives in common that my help. Good luck anyway.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy