Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

G8 no help to snow. British university predicts 20%-30% snow loss by 2020

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The G8 communiqué on climate change, published yesterday, has been critically - if not angrily - received by those lobbying for urgent reductions in CO2 emissions.

Here is an analysis of the situation, and the growing contradictions that go with it, by BBC News environment correspondent Richard Black:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/4665993.stm

Meanwhile, the University of East Anglia Climatic Research Unit is predicting snow depth reductions of 20% to 30% in the Alps by 2020. This report from PhyOrg.com. [scan down the page to find it]

So, where do we go from here?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Grass-skiing, David. That's clearly the future, grass-skiing on Butser Hill. Ever tried it? I have and am not a big fan!

Hope you're well.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yes indeed, on Butser Hill, about two centuries ago! Best grass on upper slopes. Pisteurs working superbly.

Welcome back to the pasture, Kevin!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Where does one purchase a set of grass skis???
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Try http://www.grasski.com/ , the site of former World Champion Christian Balek.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
But don't hold your breath for an answer, it can take a while! Plus the season's in full swing, he may be away.

The wheeled version was made in Bourg St Maurice until a couple of years ago, but Patrice Kopp gave up and went into property marketing instead Confused

SPINKA (Austria) - no web site, but a major manufacturer and main European rival to Balek:
TEL & FAX : 0043 276262924
MOBILE : 0043 6763043708

(Not that you were being serious, johnboy! Were you Puzzled )
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Well Northern Ireland doesn't get much snow. The one thing we have an abundance of is hills and grass.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Click on pic to see full size imageThat's all you need - green slopes, sunshine, and a bar at the bottom of the hill... Very Happy

(click on picture for high res)
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
kevin mcclean wrote:
Grass-skiing, David. That's clearly the future, grass-skiing on Butser Hill. Ever tried it? I have and am not a big fan!

Hope you're well.

Unfortunately, I think grass skiing at Butser now lies more in the past. The last I heard, 5 or 6 years ago, was that the Country Park there had banned it, which seems unfair as it doesn't tear up the ground any more than mountainbikes. I don't think Butser Grass Ski Club, run in latter years by the Billam family, is even in existence now.

The only grass skiing operation still running in the UK is Gwent Grass Ski Centre near Usk. I tried it - and I was a big fan!

IMHO the main hope of any future for grass skiing in Britain is to convince some of the mountainboarding centres to offer it as an alternative.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Martin Bell, are you sure Gwent is still running? I spoke to someone who was involved 2 - 3 years back, who said it had closed down?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Perhaps Gwent has experienced severe grass loss (refering to thread heading)
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Can't remember her name, but she was an ex-British champion, from that neck of the woods? Said she had taken up motor rallying instead (and was pretty successful by all accounts).
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
N.I. Grass Report.

Upper slopes: 2-3cm of Perrenial Ryegrass.

Lower Slopes: 1cm of Annual Meadow Grass

Hazards: Watch out for cow pats Shocked
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Cow pats = death cookies
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Cow pats - breakable crust wink
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy