Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Stuben Powder

Poster: A snowHead
First day in the Arlberg today. Followed the Snowheads recommendations to head for Stuben.

Chris reacquainting himself with powder with fan club looking on...

Kermit the frog

Tim failing to get faceshots

So he resorted to the usual tricks...

Smokey

Trouble brewing

Woaaah

Gooooone

Retired to the piste for a snowy dance class

Loving the Arlberg!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
snowing today I take it then Smile
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Nice pics.BobinCH,

What are those tankers in the middle ?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Nice shots. That's some serious skis you've got yourselves there. So fecking jealous - the boys are heading to St Anton on Saturday and I'm not Mad
Enjoy the rest of your trip
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
hedley, that'd be Millsy's Kuros
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks boabski,

kitenski, loads of fresh in Stuben but interestingly much deeper snow under first Albona chair than up high. The Albona North Face was closed and cover looked sketchy. No snow settling in St Anton village while Stuben already had 20cm on the cars. Weird! We've hired a guide tomorrow so hopefully find some good stuff on Rendl or Valluga. Then suspect we'll be heading for Stuben, St Christophe, Zurs and Lech as The St Anton area was crawly g with people while Stuben and St Christophe were quiet. Seems to be a lot less powder hounds here than in Verbier?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
BobinCH, looks like you had a great time! Stuben and Zurs will I suspect be quieter simply because there are more people in town around St Anton and Lech (incidentally it's St Christoph without an "e" I added one in a dozy moment the other day, not sure why...).
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
nozawaonsen, We had a great day. Great to be in powder again. Lots of fresh tracks and a great lunch at St Christoph (sp). As the resident weather guru any idea why the big snow difference between St Anton and Stuben? Are Zurs and Lech similarly "well endowed"?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

Seems to be a lot less powder hounds here than in Verbier?

I felt St Anton tracks faster, if anything. Looks like you were in the right place at the right time. I was surprised by the willingness to hike and traverse in St A/Lech in comparison with the some of what you see in Verb. Some things that remain good in Verb for a while e.g. Super/mini Super/Eteygeon variants/Dena would get pillaged were they in the Arlberg.

If it does dry up, get a local view on the options around Sonnenkopf. Not dissimilar to Br*s*n.

Outstanding photos as ever.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
BobinCH, I was a little puzzled by the inability of the snow to settle in town round St Anton. It's not that uncommon for the south facing banks above St Anton to be green (especially in spring), but not really to the extent they have been recently (particularly in comparison to the snow elsewhere).

I'd probably put it down to them being south facing (most of Stuben is north facing), about a 100m to 150m lower than Stuben, the lower snow fall across the Alps this season, the size of St Anton itself generating heat perhaps (?) and finally the direction of the weather which has meant that it has dropped the snow across Lech, Zurs, Stuben, then St Christoph before St Anton (which is pretty much normal, but seems to be more pronounced this year).

It only really seems to be having a great impact around town. Higher up above St Anton there should be plenty of snow. I'm not too sure how some of the runs down through the woods are currently fairing (I haven't tried any of them this season). So Schoengraben down through to St Jakob or the run out through the forest from Maienwaisen might be a bit sketchy, but a guide will certainly know.

Certainly last week, Lech, Zurz, St Christoph all felt a lot more snowy in town. And there was plenty of great snow to be found.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
BobinCH, Great pics, look like super-fun..................soooooo jealous!!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
^^ Sonnenkopf is a great shout. BobinCH, is it still dumping? I get back out to Innsbruck on tuesday, would be nice if there were some freshies left somewhere!!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
West face of Valluga didn't suck...
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Smashing picture!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
BobinCH, What a great photo!
latest report