Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing - not everyone's cup of tea

Poster: A snowHead
How many of us went through Pam Rowlinson's traumas, I wonder?
Quote:
I hate winter. I hate the cold, I hate the dark, but more than anything else I hate the ski season. I'm sick of all those smug families swanning off to the snow, boasting about their walkie-talkies, their matching ski suits and their black runs. Bloody show-offs. Oh, how I wish I could be like them.

Quote:
The last time I went to the snow fields I swore I would never go again. We live in an instant world: instant coffee, instant spaghetti, instant heating. After a week of ski lessons I thought I would be an instant pro. Instead I was an instant embarrassment. I couldn't even ski a few metres, and pint-sized kamikaze kids whizzed past me as if jet-propelled, and then hooted derisively at my lack of ability.

Read more!...
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
PG, How can I get to that article without registering?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Oh dear - how sad! Sad However the percentage of people who ski once and then do it again is over 90% as I heard it - so she's really in the minority. It makes me want to take her in hand though and show her how much fun it can be, even if you're not a "natural".
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Odd - got straight through the first couple of times, then tried again just now and it wants me to register.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I always advice people to try the experience once - they have nothing to lose - and may become fanatics - like us, Cool who spent all summer on a skiing forum, albeit a large chunk of it on apres ski snowHead
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I did not like my first ski trip that much - went with the school when I was 13. But still went again the next year and realised that I just needed a bit of practice. Lots of friends though just will not even go because it is cold and dark when you go ski ing!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Not my cup of tea? Last time I went skiing I used a double tea bag.
Admittedly tea-bars are going out of fashion.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
David Goldsmith, don't worry - we've got at least 7 here - your life is saved! Laughing
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
... so it's tea for 2 on a tea-bar in 2 Alpes. Couldn't be more English!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Don't know if it'll work but you could try getting a password here: http://www.bugmenot.com/ It works for most sites...
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
David Goldsmith, There are so many Brits buying apartments here now that I may have to move (eventually), meanwhile the T(ea) bars are in excellent shape! Very Happy
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Helen101, Thanks! It did work. Very useful to know.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Helen101, Top link - cheers
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
No worries Happy I got it from a blog ages ago and it's a complete godsend (and a wonderfully descriptive URL!) It's nice to be able to contribute something to the forum for once instead of reading with novice bemusement about differences in ski-types which I didn't even know existed Very Happy
Back to lurking again now...
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Helen101 wrote:

Nooooooooooo. There's no going back now wink
snow report
Helen101 wrote:
differences in ski-types which I didn't even know existed Very Happy

Helen101 noone else here really knows what they're talking about, so feel free to contribute.
snow report
Helen101, I know next to nothing about Kit, ski styles or such like. I tend to keep hold of the thicky baton for a while ask what I deem silly questions but always get a warm response Very Happy

Most of my postins are in the Apres zone. Maybe try there to begin with until you feel more comfortable with the site then there will be no stopping you.

Oh and welcome to snowheads snowHead
ski holidays
Kramer wrote:
Helen101 wrote:

Helen101 noone else here really knows what they're talking about, so feel free to contribute.
It has been suggested that there is a direct relationship between post count and intelligence of posters on this forum. As the former increases the latter decreases proportionately. My theory is that forums have the same effect as alcohol. Increasingly addictive and they destroy braincells.
ski holidays
PG wrote:
Kramer wrote:
Helen101 wrote:

It has been suggested that there is a direct relationship between post count and intelligence of posters on this forum. As the former increases the latter decreases proportionately. My theory is that forums have the same effect as alcohol. Increasingly addictive and they destroy braincells.

LOL - I can feel my so-called intelligence decreasing with every word... wink
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy