Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing Europe/Chris Reynard - Children's ski holiday left in ruins.

Poster: A snowHead
@Scrumpy, that's what you always say ... and you think it's reasonable to publish defamatory shit on the internet about other people who - you say - "annoy" you, while hiding behind a generic term for rough alcoholic cider.

Considering that we're fellow members of a national ski organisation (founded in 1903) your attitude is particularly rich.

Scrumpy wrote:
... my life is so anonymous and uninteresting to the wider world.

Don't run yourself down so much. You could be 'a contender'.

http://youtube.com/v/3QsNXd57Ppw
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@David Goldsmith, I am very glad to say that I am not a member of any national ski organisation (founded in 1903) of which you are a member.
I am however a member of the SCGB.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Oh please don't set @David Goldsmith, off AGAIN ...
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yes, thank you Phyllis. The school in question - seems an excellent one:

http://www.penryn-college.cornwall.sch.uk/

Ski trip advice:

FAQs: http://web.penryn-college.cornwall.sch.uk/moodle/website/media/page8/SkitripFAQs.pdf
"absolutely NO energy drinks" ... ". I am 16, so can I smoke? No, this is a non smoking holiday"
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@David Goldsmith, for clarity, my name is Jim Wilks - you may Google me, but note: I am not the New Orleans Saints defensive lineman, whose sporting career occupies much of the search engine results page.
You will also find a short video of my skiing prowess on the thread about pond skimming, where I drench myself in ice water for the amusement of friends and onlookers alike.

Hope this helps in your quest to take Reynard down... not sure how, but there you go.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Jim Wilks, welcome to snowHeads.

Just for clarification ... I'm not on a quest to "take Reynard down". When I worked for Chris Reynard in 1974-6 his enterprise (Weekend Ski Club, which operated from the resorts of the Spey Valley and had a large ski school on Cairngorm) was far from perfect but I don't recall it leaving school parties stranded. What's happened in the decades since then, particularly the past decade, is somewhat shocking but it's essentially for the communities directly affected to resolve things with Reynard - my perspective is very limited and 40-odd years in the past.

Good luck with the pond skimming, Jim, and remember that "the best ponds are not on the upper slopes" [pond report, Skim Club of Great Britain].
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
dogwatch wrote:
David Goldsmith wrote:
My predication: [non-identifiable] anonymous communication on the internet, via forums such as this, will be seen as a passing phenomenon of the early 21st century. It doesn't really work, when you think about it ...

Says the man who posts from several different screen names.

Most forums I am a member of have a strict one person, one screen name rule. Any breach normally seems the person banned.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
David Goldsmith wrote:
[b].

Just for clarification ... I'm not on a quest to "take Reynard down". When I worked for Chris Reynard in 1974-6 his enterprise (Weekend Ski Club, which operated from the resorts of the Spey Valley and had a large ski school on Cairngorm) was far from perfect but I don't recall it leaving school parties stranded. What's happened in the decades since then, particularly the past decade, is somewhat shocking but it's essentially for the communities directly affected to resolve things with Reynard - my perspective is very limited and 40-odd years in the past.

What a cop out.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@David Goldsmith,

I'm being a bit slow today. But I suggested that you should take your investigative journalism bent and concentrate on issues like Reynard that would get you the backing of the snowsliding community. You responded

Quote:
I get a great number of comments similar to yours and - not wishing to cause upset or offence - it would help enormously if I knew who you are!

So I inferred that if I was to tell you my real name it would assist. So I did. Have I been misled?

Also -
Quote:

but it's essentially for the communities directly affected to resolve things with Reynard - my perspective is very limited and 40-odd years in the past.

I'm afraid you paint yourself a rather small corner:

1) I infer from your statement that you believe there is no role for investigative journalism outside of those directly affected
which implies
2) your investigations, into the Ski Club - for whom I hold no love whatsoever btw - actually should be "for the community themselves to resolve", and that your "limited perspective comes from 40-odd years in the past" and hence is not relevant.

(So in the modern idiom, you may expect to be frequently and repeatedly told to STFU)

But if you don't believe this, then why not bring your supposed considerable talents to bear and go get Reynard?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Arctic Roll, yes I understand your wish ... but it is not my command. For some reason I get the impression that you're trying to wind me up, but ...

http://youtube.com/v/WS-JcaPFzp4

... you'd get far more entertainment from winding up a Swiss cuckoo clock. This is a particularly charming one: http://www.loetscher.ch/shop/product/36/

On your serious points ...

1. That's purely your extrapolation from what I wrote. Chris Reynard has been subjected to endless investigative journalism, on radio and TV. If you really think 'yours truly' is going to have any bearing on this - all the essential facts are known anyway (have you read the earlier pages of this thread?) - then you've not thought this through. Reynard's customers can only obtain financial redress via the courts. That's their affair and good luck to them.

2. I've not investigated the SCGB. I've asked questions at its AGMs etc. and set out certain facts, questions, arguments etc.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
An update on the most recent 'school ski trip via coach' story ... linked on the previous page via this posting ...

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=74146&start=2360#2710091

More from Scilly Today: http://www.scillytoday.com/2015/04/09/former-islander-steps-in-to-help-ski-trip-pupils/
Former Islander Steps In To Help Ski Trip Pupils

Quote:
Parents of Penryn College pupils wouldn’t let the children board the double-decker bus that was booked for the joint schools trip to Italy on 28th March ... The trip cost around £900 each ... Mark says the trip turned out well with the students spending 29 hours on the slopes, which is 4 hours longer than they had expected."
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I'm new to snowheads - so hi all! I have enjoyed many of the comments above, all good natured!!

It's a shame the schools from Penryn, above, didn't use a very good company local to them in Falmouth called ElementalSki. They organised our kids trip and were fantastic!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I can't be bothered to read all the history on this humungous thread, but thought I would look up Ski Link Ltd and see if Reynard is still about - he filed DORMANT COMPANY Accounts in August, for his year ending Nov 2015. No assets.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/07851419/filing-history

So I guess and hope he has finally given up trying to 'do business' after being exposed.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
https://www.thegazette.co.uk/notice/2569153
The mansion with the golf course has gone. Just sayin'.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Has it? Not a company asset.
latest report
I would have thought it went into his wife's name conveniently before he declared personal bankruptcy. Of course the play then would be tif she couldn't stand the poo-poo and booted him out.
ski holidays
@Norrin Radd, it's a personal bankruptcy. He lives in a modest cottage in Colyton now. Unless, as @Dave of the Marmottes, says - he's pulled a crafty one, and he is the type that would.
snow report
I always thought Pete white was the fall guy.
snow report
Data Protection legislation only applies to personal information relating to a living individual (not a company or organisation) which when accessed by a third party can be utilised to identify that individual and which is held or retained in a relevant filing system which may be a manual system or a computerised system and which when accessed by an unconnected party would enable that party to readily find relevant information relating to that individual. So a filing system where information about individuals is held in paper files which are maintained in, say, alphabetical order which would make it easily possibly to find information about a known individual would need to be protected in accordance with the Data Protection Act, this means that hard copy records which are held by an organisation but not in any order or any system which does not enable easy identifiable access by anyone seeking personal information about a persons whose information is stored would almost certainly not come under the protection of the DPA. Information about organisations which could even include the names of directors and other information which can be readily obtained from the internet or from reasonable enquiry (ie with Companies House) would not be protected by the DPA. A list of organisations and what they offer and even their managers or directors where such information is largely in the public domain would almost certainly not attract DPA protection.
ski holidays
No record of any sale of Idehill Manor.
latest report
Still fighting over the bankruptcy: https://www.lawgazette.co.uk/law/defendants-also-have-rights-court-deals-another-blow-to-lips/5065238.article
snow conditions
And follow the link to:

http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWHC/Ch/2018/443.html

HHJ Paul Matthews wrote:
2: The claimant is a former ski tour operator, who had the misfortune to be adjudicated bankrupt on 1 October 2012. The defendant, an insolvency practitioner and a partner in accountants Baker Tilly, was appointed trustee in bankruptcy on 24 July 2013. A large house in a large estate, known as Idehill Lodge, Farway, Cornwall ("the property"), was sold on 14 April 2016 by NRAM as mortgagee for £1,020,000. The claimant says that this price was a significant undervalue. The claimant says that he had significant claims against two accountants who were former advisers, Thomas Westcott and Stephen Marlow. He sought the assignment to himself from his trustee in bankruptcy of those claims for a nominal amount. The defendant trustee in bankruptcy refused.
ski holidays
@altis, This case seems to be consuming Reynard - I can only imagine the hours he has spent on the case.

I admire the diligence and fairness of the Judge. I also appreciate his wry sense of humour

Quote:
You cannot successfully claim that an apple is an orange, on the grounds that you do not know the difference because you are a litigant in person.
ski holidays
I suspect Reynard is chancing his arm as he appears to have done on many occasions. You never know if he escaped from Lynme Bay without a sentence having pinned it on someone else he might fancy he has some luck in the courts. From what I know of him and of professional insolvency practitioners I know where my money is on who has done things by the book. Nice to know he lost his palace and didn't just do a crafty one with the missus.
ski holidays
He has not lost the big house.
snow report
Norrin Radd wrote:
He has not lost the big house.

How so - certainly suggests the mortgagee sold it?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy