Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

London will stage the 2012 (Non Winter!) Olympics

Poster: A snowHead
Reading the 5Live message board there seems to be more against the result than for it. People saying it will be the Dome all over again etc etc....

I just thought it was great news, for once we did not come second after trying really hard.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You are all going to love this one.... wink Cool Laughing
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I could think of many stand-up comedians in London who'd pay full price for one of those tonight!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
PG, beat you to it, over on Après.... NehNeh

Stuff does the rounds pretty quickly on the net. Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Here's an interesting piece on BBC Online explaining how Seb won it for London.
Quote:
BBC Radio Five Live's athletics correspondent John Rawling said: "His final speech was fantastic. It was statesmanlike. It was just a stunning performance - he touched every bullet point of the London bid. And the way in which he went back and touched on his own career and told what it meant when he watched the Olympics in 1968 was brilliant."
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Steve Redgrave says that Blair was the factor that tipped London into first place: Redgrave lauds Blair masterstroke.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Radio 5 were interviewing a former British Olympic skier who was definitely against the London bid, didn't catch his name though.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I don't know why an Olympic skier would say that.
We have the runs
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
[quote="David Goldsmith"]
Quote:

what makes you believe that London probably won the vote through corruption?

It is the way of the world.

To believe otherwise is unrealistic. You might also have the notion that the Metropolitan police is completely staffed by types like Dixon of Dock Green and no London copper accepts a bribe or fits people up.

Better to consider whether the benefits outweigh the costs and the favours called in
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
David@traxvax wrote:
Latchigo, what a miserable attitude. How can you not be thrilled that Seb Coe pulled it off. I think it's fantastic.

I see the Seb Coe bandwagon has already started.

He's another c***.

A future Tory Prime Minister unfortunately, unless I am very much mistaken.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Paris meltdown

Only kidding! It's actually my favourite steel structure, amazing to climb. It's absolutely huge (and unfortunately beats the London Eye)

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Thu 7-07-05 4:34; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Latchigo, can I just say how I deplore your negative attitude. Might it not be possible that we won because we are capable of hosting an excellent Games and our team has a vision for the future?
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Latchigo, is that choice line something you'd say to Seb Coe's face, or just written for easy effect on a web forum (under the cloak of anonymity)?

You've absolutely no evidence that Seb Coe, or the team under his direction, have paid bribes but you've virtually accused him of corruption.

You obviously don't share the guy's politics (neither do I, as it happens) but you're associating him with all kinds of stuff. For all I know (or you know) Seb Coe could be an utterly ethical individual - yes, it's possible. In fact it's more than possible. I think it's pretty certain that Seb Coe achieved a pinnacle achievement in sport by completely honest means.

What's your real name, by the way?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
David Goldsmith wrote:

What's your real name, by the way?

Steve Ovett?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
rob@rar.org.uk, Laughing Laughing
latest report
rob@rar.org.uk, Laughing , brings back memories.
snow conditions
Amazing how Reporters scrabble around for anyone with a connection to someone in the news.
On Radio 4 last night they interviewed the man who was once Lord Coe's Judo partner rolling eyes

wink
snow report
William Hague?
snow conditions
laundryman, Yes I think that was the name Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Until this morning,
Crying or Very sad

things were going so well this summer.

Liverpool are Eurpoean Champions
England destroy the Aussies at the 1 day cricket
UK get the EU presidency
Trafalgar celebrations
VE/VJ celebrations
Live 8 concerts
UK hosts the G8 summit
London gets the 2012 Olympics

Only the Lions have let us down and now the terrorists Evil or Very Mad