Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Roger Federer, skier ...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
... was wise enough to take up tennis as his career sport! In this profile of the three-time Wimbledon champion (from today's Sunday Telegraph) we learn that Federer showed early talent in several sports:
Quote:
Federer had a natural eye for a ball, and as well as his precocious skill as a tennis player, he won skiing trophies, impressed on the basketball court, and fancied himself as a striker on the football field. At the age of 12, he had to decide between tennis and football. "He enjoyed all sports at that time, and probably liked football as much as he liked tennis. Roger was into anything that was outdoors and sporty," his mother said.

It's not easy to find out where Roger Federer skis, though the Observer mentions that skiing remains a passion (I seem to recall that Martina Navratilova is a pretty keen skier too), but maybe we'll find out more in due course.

In the meantime .... what a phenomenal victory today!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
funnily enough, the Tennis federation over here are concerned the numbers playing are falling, apparently Tennis is perceived as old fashioned and expensive, which along with having a Swiss world champion you would think guaranteed popularity here Very Happy
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ise, Laughing
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I was watching carefully to see if Federer was using a Swiss Army Racquet, with ingenious gadgets, but he clearly won it on pure talent.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Nick Zotov, joking apart, we don't have many tennis courts here in the Romande area, I have an impression the Schweizers have more.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
David Goldsmith, I,v e seen Martina Navratilova ski in Aspen, She is Advanced/Expert.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
A couple of points here:
Garry Richardson, the veteran sports interviewer of Radio 4's Today Programme (he's been doing it for 25 years) this morning desribed Roger Federer as about the nicest guy he knew in international sport. He certainly comes over as an exceptionally balanced, modest but formidibly effective personality.
Here's a stunning action shot of Martina Navratilova in Aspen:

Why is it so difficult to find photos of famous tennis stars on skis?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
David Goldsmith, Martina also plays on a women's ice hockey team in Aspen, called (magnificently) "The Motherpuckers"!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
How about you, Martin - are you doing any pucking out there, or do you still prefer the steeps?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I had never played ice hockey, but always skated a bit (Coylumbridge Hotel on bad weather days). So 2 years ago I bought all the gear and took it up - love it! I'll never be anywhere near the level of someone who started young - like Alain Baxter, who was offered a semi-pro ice hockey contract at one stage apparently.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy