Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

temples du soleil val thorens

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hi - remember there was a fire here last season... Any inside knowledge as to what state the building is in? I got the impression it was quite serious - but they seem to be taking bookings for next season.
Anyone got any views about whether to book T du S or Olympiades... (looking at an early booking deal). Thanks.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
As far as i know TDS is still fine, worked the season in resort and had plenty staying there til end.

However, Olympiades is a muh better option overall in my opinion. Better location/rooms etc etc

Happy hols Becks x
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
jayne durham, only a relatively small part of the building was destroyed (including the receeption area, etc.) and they had the building operating again within days. I understand that the rebuilding work is expected to be complete before the start of the next season. I would echo becks' comments about the relative locations, though - the Olympiades building is far more central - actually it would be difficult to be any more central!

I've never stayed in the TDS, but my recollection of the Olympiades is that the rooms are pretty basic - but that was quite a while ago. Given becks' comments regarding the relative qualities of the rooms (she clearly has up to date knowledge on the interiors!), I would pick the Olympiades.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
thanks becks and alastair - will go for olympiades
xx
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've stayed in the TDS in Val Thorens. The room was small and basic, standard for French self-catering. The good thing about the block is that it backs onto the main slope and it's easy to ski in and out. It's also very close to where the ski school meets - so good for that. Val Thorens itself is built on a slope, and the TDS is near the bottom, so a long walk uphill is needed to get into the centre of town.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
thanks jj - but we've already booked Les Olympiades (early booking discount!) - but it will be useful info for others I'm sure
xx
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I was in VT for the May Bank holiday and the site of the fire was fenced off and there were some preperations for building work. I notice that TDS are in the Erna Low brochure. Le Tikal, the twin residence across the road was open for business too.

We stayed in TDS two years ago. Can't beat it for access to slopes. The lower lower lower ground floor has the potential to oly of the balcony rail onto the snow. But it seems the preserve of Swedish tour operators.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy