Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austrian ski resorts easy to get to from Innsbruck or Salzburg

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi everyone looking to do a DIY holiday to one of the Austrian resorts in March using one of the low cost airlines. Can anyone help me by providing any information about which resorts are easy to get to by train or bus from one of these airports, the fewer changes the better. I have tried searching myself but not coming up with much useful info, any help greatly appreciated. Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
it's times like this I really could do with a sockpuppet!

From Salzburg it is very easy to get to the Ski Amadé area, Zell am See / Kaprun and Saalbach Hinterglemm.
There are quite a few others as well but TBH these ar ethe easiest.

You can get a bus from right outside the airport to the station and then get a train to somewhere within the www.skiamade.com area for as little as €11.

You can still make the piste by the early afternoon if you are travelling by Ryanair from Stansted!

It is easy to do accommodation searches by either using the tourist office of where you fancy going (eg. www.radstadt.at) or by doing an accommodation search on the ski area websites like www.skiamade.com or www.skicircus.at etc.. etc..
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
flangesax, (drops into Kia-ora voice...) I'll be you're sockpuppet in return for a free week wink

We've done Salzburg to Flachau in 45 minutes on a clear day, so with an early flight we've been on the Achterjet at 1130.

From Innsbruck, there are several local areas accessible either from the outskirts of the city or by a short bus trip, plus Zell im Ziller (Zillertal Arena) and the rest of the Zillertal (Mayrhofen, Hintertux, etc) are within an hour by car or under two by train.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
ousekjarr... might be able to sort something out on a commission basis!

Ski Amadé is certainly accessible within 45min by taxi transfer!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks guys most helpful.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
There are so many within did Stubai glacier which has the added bonus of being able to ski late - was picked up from airport checked into hotel within 20 mins a further 15 and up the hil, this is pretty much the same for Hintertuxl! would certainly do this for a long weekend to make the most of the short transfer, equally Lech, St Anton and all the other resorts en-route are only 90 mins, plenty to choose from.Brand is a lovely smaller resort which you can reach by train - best fly into freidrichshafen (BA, monach and other operators fly here) as the train station opposite the arrival hall. Salzburg is also great with many resorts including the lovely Maria Alm and dienten about a 90 min transfer by hire car- fill your boots as you cant beat Austria for variety, friendly people great food and apres in my v humble opinion. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
You can get to Ischgl in about 2-2.5hr on public transport from Innsbruck - bus from the airport to rail station, then train to Landeck-Zams, then the 4240 bus to Paznaun.

Or just try to blag your way on to a transfer bus. Think the most people we have had on a bus meeting the Gatwick flight is 15 people so not full!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@flangesax, I've gone from very close to your gaff by train with no problems Toofy Grin
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@chrish, I think the simple answer is pretty well all of the resorts in the Salzburgerland, Tirol and Vorarlberg. Even Schladming.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy