Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Clusaz, summer anyone been?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Off for a long weekend and pal's 30th birthday in three weeks. Just wondering if anyone's got any must do's? The via ferrata looks extensive and pretty good. Travel and accommodation all sorted, looking forward to some good long hikes and a bit of mountain biking. Any restaurant recommendations?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
hi! I've only been to La Clusaz in winter - but I love it! Best restaurants are (in my opinion) Chez Arthur on Cret du Merle, the one on top of Beauregard, and the one at Merdassier.
see www.laclusaz.com for tonnes of info about the resort.
Enjoy La Clusaz! I did!
Julia snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Steve Sparks, I've a friend who's there this week....will grill her when she gets back and pass on any useful info....
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

Any restaurant recommendations?

Don't know what it costs (Salomon picked up the tab, many many moons ago) but a cruise around Lake Annecy, down the road, on a restaurant boat is not to be sniffed at! They do a nice spread on those boats.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
David Goldsmith, I'd second David's view of Annecy, La Clsaz is about 40 mins away, absolutely beautiful and the lake is huge, 2nd largest in France, apparently Annecy is regarded as the most desirable place to live in France.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
go to the eastern, quieter, shore of the Lake for shoreside walks, swimming etc. Fantastic area for parapenting, if that's one of your interests
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks guys, looking forward to hearing from your pal homphomp. Looks like Annecy might be a good spot for Monday lunchntime, need to be back in GVA at 1600 so that could round a weekend of exertion off nicely.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Steve Sparks, Feedback is: Lovely place, great walking had a great time - loads and loads of summer activities to do. Recommends the food in Le Vieux Chalet, they went there more than once. Day trip to Annecy highly recommended - boat trip on the lake worth fitting in if you've time. Any particular questions you want answering let me know and I'll ask her!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Had a great time, thanks for your advice.

We were staying in St Jean de Sixt, half way between Grand Bornand and La clusaz. Did an epic day's mountain biking in and around La clusaz, including some of their crazy, dedicated downhill trails, which I would be much happier tackling on skis!!! La C had a lovely relaxed feel to it and was buzzing with summer visitors.

Grand Bornand was the location for a top walk around the Aiguille Vert which made a really good 5.5hr hike. Wonderful surprise view of Lake Geneva at one point. Grand B is a little rougher around the edges than La C and less comercilaised. Cool bar - les 2 guides.

Did spend Saturday lazing in the lakeside Lido in Annecy, which was very chilled, but the lake was pleasantly warm.

It's always difficult to judge in the summer, but some of the slopes looked pretty nice with some very interesting off piste potential. Only concern for winter hols is is it a bit too low? Not much skiing above 2,400 and village bases around 1,200 could be a worry if you don't go at short notice.

But on the whole, new part of the alps for me, lovely mountains, great food and a very relaxed feel. highly recommended as a summer destination.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy