Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Masterclass Ski Alpe D'Huez

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Went to ADH last week with Rocketski and didn't fancy having 6 mornings of ESF lessons, so husband booked me a 3 morning course with Masterclass. Thought I would post here how I got on if anyone is interested in booking with them.

I am a 3-week skier, (now 4!) who has only recently come back to skiing after seriously breaking my leg more than 20 years ago. I was fairly nervous in Serre Chev last year, but I obviously had learnt something because when I skied with my husband and friends on the Sunday, I seemed not to be too bad on the blues. A good start!

On the Monday, we met up at the Masterclass meeting point which was opposite the Beau Soleil where we were staying and myself and friend ended up being taught in the slightly more experienced group and instructed by Mel.

He took us up an easy green to assess what we could do and then told us to forget everything we had been taught before! Easier said than done.... But after that first lesson, I was almost carving - I did the "slide" parallel ski before. Because turning was easy, it made me immediately more confident on the blues and then on some of the easier reds that day.

Tuesday we went out again and added more technique to the day before and again, my afternoon's skiing was improved so much that my husband couldn't believe it. I was tackling much trickier reds than I'd ever done before and even ones I hadn't seen before.

Wednesday is a day off, so loads of practice was had - think we went to the glacier and did some of the runs up there, but it was so flipping cold and windy, we didn't stay up there long! Skullie

Thursday's lesson came and Mel said he was going to take us on a tour of some of the longer runs, which he announced would include a black run! Well, the fear in some of the other students' eyes was evident, but I thought it would be OK, he wouldn't take us somewhere where we couldn't cope, would he????? As it happened, we took Les Rousses red, then the Chalets blue and then onto La Fare black, which I didn't think was too bad at all. All of us got down without incident and I felt so bloody proud of doing it, that I went and did it again in the afternoon with my husband and other experienced friends. I think I needed to prove to them that I'd done it, LOL.

So, would I recommend Masterclass Ski to others? Too right I would, it worked for me! I didn't want the normal tuition where the first thing they do is take your poles away - I'm quite good with them, so don't need to go back that basic! He even cured my "turn with my shoulders" technique and inability to bend my knees which made skiing quite challenging!

Thanks Mel!
Clare
xx
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Clare_M, really glad that you had such a good time, & such a positive experience with Masterclass snowHead

We were out there last week as well - must admit, I enjoyed the lovely warm spring conditions at the beginning of the week rather more than the freezing cold & wind at the end! Well done you for skiing La Fare on Thursday - must have been pretty icy down there by then...
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi Jo225, La Fare was OK in the morning, by the afternoon it was a bit dicey. Think we did it again on the Friday and it was not nice low down, but even so, I managed it. Wouldn't have been able to do that last year!

It all seems a distant memory now that I'm back at work! Can't wait til the next trip!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Another vote here for Stuart and Mel
both my wife and I had 2 lessons with Stuart which were easily understood and bang on the money - we are solid intermediates who needed a refresher and Stuart soon sized us up and delivered exactly what was required.
He was so good that 6 others in our chalet booked and had similar praise.
If you are in Alp D'huez and fancy a lesson - Masterclass are highly recommended - just dont ask Stuart about the luminous lime green thong!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yeah, exactly.. Such type of things give you great experience of life's big targets..
Clare hope for the best..!!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy