Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing in France and Italy with unvaccinated 12-15s

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Although personally I hope I’m wrong, it seems the Uk govt may not decide to vaccinate 12-15s any time soon, and that even if they do, the second dose may be months after the first.

So they won’t qualify for a pass sanitaire in France or the equivalent in Italy.

Is there any news yet as to whether ski lifts will require these? Presumably mountain restaurants will? The prospect of testing a teenager every 48 hours throughout a holiday, is pretty unattractive, not to mention the cost.

What do we reckon? Will or somehow sort itself out??
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Far too early to speculate
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@swoafs, not sure how relevant this will be, but Austria has been running an equivalent to the Pass Sanitaire for about 6 months (and by the looks of it, that barely made the news). The answer is no, it’s not required on the lifts, and tests are free*

*with the caveat that this all will have changed several times before we reach the ski season rolling eyes
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Far too early to speculate but sadly not far too early for holiday companies to be requesting payments Laughing

That’s helpful Scarlett, thank you - you’re quite right that Austria’s version appears not to have hit the news here for some reason. I gather France is making tests chargeable from Sept as a further “incentive” to vaccinate. But to be honest even if they were free, having to go to a pharmacy on every second day of a ski holiday would be a pain in the proverbial….
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Personally I think our government is lining up to do 12-16 from October…

Just based on the media articles and way they are talking.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
NickyJ wrote:
Personally I think our government is lining up to do 12-16 from October…

Just based on the media articles and way they are talking.

Seconded. Based on the way the 17/18 decision was explained (greater certainty in existing data), it left the door wide open for the same explanation for 12-16 in a few weeks time.

As it stands, a number of French resorts have been very clear that the pass sanitaire doesn't apply to ski lifts for summer skiing/climbing, as long as you wear masks.

E.g. Compagnie du Mont Blanc: "Following our government's announcement, we are informing you that the Health Pass is not mandatory on our sites. Wearing a mask and complying with the health measures in place remain compulsory."
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I shall be keeping an eye on this thread with interest so do keep feeding; my 16 year old has been offered a jab but we opted not to go to Greece this summer as the 10 and 12 year olds need PCRs and one must run the gauntlet of random testing at the airport on arrival...

Possibly going to book for a season opener in late October so Austria will be watched keenly!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy