Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Stick your skis on the night sleeper to Scotland and discover the mountains

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
It seems that the night sleeper services to Inverness and Fort William are under threat again, though the 'Night Riviera' to Devon and Cornwall could be axed first.

Fortunately these brilliant romantic trains are used by politicians, so there's always a big noise when the bean counters want to do away with them. Whatever, catch 'em while you can. The experience of bedding down at Euston (or Crewe etc.) and waking up as the train climbs its way over the Drumochter Pass (about 1300 ft), on a snowy January morning, is out of this world. The scenery is just a huge frozen wilderness of lochs, mountains and fields of heather.

The skis are just an added bonus!

[By the way, has anyone in this parish done the sleeper to Fort William via the Rannoch Moor? What's it like?]
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
David Goldsmith wrote:

[By the way, has anyone in this parish done the sleeper to Fort William via the Rannoch Moor? What's it like?]

Yes. About 15 years ago. Brilliant.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Not been to Fort William on the sleeper, but the route from Glasgow Queen Street to Fort William through such other-worldly places as Ardlui and Bridge of Orchy and across Rannoch Moor,and then the West Highland extension to Mallaig with Glenfinnan Viaduct, etc is one of Britains most fantastic routes, and cannot be recommended highly enough! I agree with David - i went on the Aviemore sleeper in February from Crewe - £100 return if you book a week in advance. Bearing in mind what you'd pay in fuel to get up there and for 2 or 3 nights in a hotel, i think it represents great value if only one or two of you are going, and it's a real treat of an experience. We shall be going again next year that's for certain. By the way - buses run to and from Nevis from Fort Bill and likewise aviemore cairngorm, so getting up the hill is easy too. Can't recommend it highly enough if you live in London.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy