Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Is there a place to ski in England?

Poster: A snowHead
Just wondering. I'm not familiar at all with your big Island. Do you guys have to travel to Europe or US to ski or is there a local place? Seems like it could be quite expensive to travel skiing 60 days a season!

Please fill me in . I am very interested to hear about this.

Also who wants to ship me a few bottlesd of full strength Absinthe since it is unattainable here in the US. You would make a profit. I would take care of you very well if such a favor was done for me. Oh nd I am a 27 year old male. So old enough to drink , LOL Laughing
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
huckingfellers, great post!

Yes, we're an advanced civilisation (up north there are even grown men who ski in kilts). Our major ski resorts are in Scotland, but some of us find Chamonix even better. How's the ice in Upstate NY these days?

My sister skis in Jiminy Peak, so any more mockery and I'll send her over to deal with you!

This website has a transatlantic Absinthe pipeline - you didn't know about it?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I know you are an advanced civilization up there Very Happy I was just curious if there is a place to ski in the UK. The ice is not bad at all here. Just on whiteface. Most of the winters we get nailed pretty good in the highpeaks region of the Adirondack park. In fact Jay Peak here in the East gets as much snow as some western resorts. But the snow is definately not of the quality in the Alps or of the Rockies.

No new nothing of the transatlantic Absinthe Pipe line Very Happy Is there a spiggot to fill from, LOL?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
huckingfellers, did you know that Absinthe rots the brain? It's good to see no sign of that in your case, but what does your president drink?

Yes (ski geek hat on) we have 5 Scottish ski resorts, and some very obscure places in Northern England with ski lifts that no one's supposed to know about (use our search box and you'll discover a few very interesting things).
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
David Goldsmith, you left out the indoor slopes and dry slopes!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
huckingfellers, let's start off with this: What currency will you pay in? I don't accept US Pesos.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Couple of places in the north of England.

Yad Moss at/near Alston, 1 permanent tow, and piste basher !,

Raise on Helvellyn, Bloody long walk up the hill (1hr) first, then a rope tow.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
LOL, No I didnt know it rots the brain.
Our President is not that bad, LOL
He was dealt a shitty hand as soon as he got in office. Meaning the Trade Centers.(but thats another issue!)

I will pay in whatever currency you want. hows that. Seriously

just a lil taste, LOL
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
a quick google and you can get it here - http://www.absinth.com in New York!!

I agree that GB is a sweetie - keeping all the bad guys at bay.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
hibernia wrote:
a quick google and you can get it here - http://www.absinth.com in New York!!

I agree that GB is a sweetie - keeping all the bad guys at bay.

Cool, thanks ! Appreciate the link. Is that the full strength stuff like you can get in London with Thujone in it. Or am I just babbling and have no idead what I am talking about. Cause I'm not sure that I really do know what I am talking about wink
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
huckingfellers, you need to go to Prague and points south to get the true brain cell killer, it's illegal in most of Europe including UK. What you're buying in London is high alcohol %, but does not contain the wormwood distillate that screwed with so many of the Impressionist's minds.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Masque, How do you know all this stuff? Is there something you wish to declare? Just looking at that picture at the bottom of your post hhmmm Toofy Grin
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
huckingfellers wrote:

Also who wants to ship me a few bottlesd of full strength Absinthe since it is unattainable here in the US. You would make a profit. I would take care of you very well if such a favor was done for me. Oh nd I am a 27 year old male. So old enough to drink , LOL Laughing

Hi there, I recognise your name from the epicski forum.

Are you going to the either the Epicski Academy in 06 or to 'The Gathering' the weekend after? If so, I'll bring you out a bottle.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Skiing - It depends whether you are looking for lifts. I've had my eye on a line down to the back of Red Tarn off Hellvelyn for a while, but it's a bit of a walk and I doubt that it is in condition for more than a couple of days a year max.
If you live in Scotland and can pick your times, I think there is some good skiing to be done.
My first skiing on snow was in a field in North Yorkshire
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
snowbunny, My thesis (all too well researched) was on the relationship of psychotropic imbibement and perception in early 20thC art . . . surprisingly little. . . but not insignificant.
ski holidays
spyderjon wrote:
huckingfellers wrote:

Hi there, I recognise your name from the epicski forum.

Are you going to the either the Epicski Academy in 06 or to 'The Gathering' the weekend after? If so, I'll bring you out a bottle.

Hi I dont know, wasnt planning on it. Where and when exactly are they?
snow report
huckingfellers, forget Epicski. Have you thought of skiing in London?
We have this amazing contraption

with two ski runs (one's a north-facing slope, the other's a south-facing slope)
The idea is that you use roller skis and request the angle you'd like - black diamond, blue, green etc.

The Americans tried to buy this machine from us some years ago, but discovered they'd actually bought London Bridge, which they shipped over and installed in a desert. I hope it's making money for them.
snow conditions
Huck,

We do mostly have to travel to the Alps and further afield but for those in the north of the Uk Scotland can occassionally be very good indeed
http://winterhighland.com/photos2001/cairngorm/pics_30_march_01.php

And even the north of England has some good skiing - once every 10 years or so !
http://www.thepriceofcheese.com/Gallery/pages/_MG_1560.htm
snow report
spyderjon wrote:

huckingfellers wrote:

Hi I dont know, wasnt planning on it. Where and when exactly are they?

See http://esa.epicski.com/
snow report
I will attend the one in the east at Stowe in December.
ski holidays
It should be said that even the Scottish ski areas are very small by any normal standards. Though some years ago you could normally expect snow of some sort on most of the runs (usually boilerplate scoured by the wind) for many years now with this climate change, there has been generally only rather limited skiing. Just occasionally, though, you can get a few very good days. For example see here and click on the phot gallery near the bottom of the page.
It is somewhere to ski when you hear of good snow, if you are up north anyway - not somewhere to plan skiing or to travel to from far away (eg the southern half of England)
Go to the "Summer skiing in Scotland" thread and lower down you will see links to photos of the winter skiing.
ski holidays
Major omission,
Englands premiere skiing destination, that world renown centre of skiing excellence

......Diggerland Kent

http://www.thesnowpark.co.uk/about.htm
latest report
LOL hahahaha Sweet some nice chutes there eh rolling eyes LOL gonna have to vacation there Smile
snow conditions
Yip you should check out my website on more info in skiing in Enlgand on real snow

www.snow-uk.co.uk
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy