Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

verbier or megeve ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
verbier or megeve or any resort within 2hrs of geneva (not chamonix) for a long weekend late january /early feb
my instinct is to plump for verbier ?
5 thirty somethings require large varied ski area
central accomodation
good food
wine/beer
plenty of nightlife
we only get let off the leash once ayear so need to make the most of it.

st anton looks good too but not easy to get (long drive time) to for a short break from manchester area??

have you found the perfect resort for this type of trip
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
hedley, megeve has really pretty ski terrain and that time of the winter should be ideal to ski it. Its skiing is a lot easier than much of Verbier's. Verbier has great runs, some difficult ones, and is famous for off-piste.

Can't say which would be best for you without knowing a bit more about the group.

My guess is that Megeve would be easier for weekend accommodation.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
all 10yrs plus experience so can tackle pretty much anything but serious off piste,tend to like the traditional alpine resorts rather than purpose built ones although i am willing to be told otherwise.
is cormayeur another option or too far maybe?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
No, Courmayeur would be great. Lots of evening fun, nice old village, fine intermediate skiing (primarily), and the opportunity to ski the Vallee Blanche to Chamonix (though that might be ambitious for a w/end)

Up to the Mont Blanc tunnel from Geneva, through the tunnel and you're there. Maybe 90 mins. Turin might be a good airport, too.

As for Verbier -v- Megeve, my instinct would be Megeve. Verbier deserves a full week, really. Megeve would be uncomplicated and relaxed for a weekend.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
thanks for the advice I will look into the accomadation for megeve prefer, to drive to the lifts if need be but walk to the nightlife, anyone got any reccomendations for apartment for 5 or hotels ??
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy