Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pond-skimming

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
They've got one of these in Alpe d'Huez if anyone fancies a go. The bit in the article about most people sinking... well I suppose it depends how long the pond is, but at Alpe d'Huez most were getting across, some even turning 180 degrees during the jump and surfing across backwards. Kids managed it easily (I was too much of a coward).

Pond -skimming article

Good photos here:

Pond -skimming photos
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Looks as cold as windsurfing on the northsea - definately need a 'steamer' on to attempt that!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Lorraine Agass, I first learnt to windsurf in Dover harbour one January. That feeling when the wetsuit first fills up, I'll never forget!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
One of our friends has been out all winter, the beach has been frozen some days!.....what a maniac! I haven't stuck my toes in the water yet - we are planning our start of the season on the first weekend in April.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
PG, thanks for the article and pickies. I saw this is some newsreel ages ago and often wondered where it might occur.
I was in Alpe d'Huez for Xmas some years ago but failed to find the pool. Fascinated by the whole idea, but like you I fear I'd probably chicken out when faced with reality.
Why d'you think the kids did so well? (I'm a big kid myself).
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Jonpim, No fear, plus that devil-may-care attitude of youth that the rest of us oldie bystanders secretly envy, if truth be known!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Here is a vid we made at Chamonix last year which shows some pool action. The video link on the same page by Khamaki is excellent... there is a clip of Yannick doing a barrel roll off a slope. Things to aspire to... maybe. The water in these pools is close to freezing as ice was forming the whole time on the surface.

http://www.pistehors.com/resorts/northern/mont-blanc/frd-themovie.htm
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We watched a big group of boarders do this at Val Thoren last year. We kept watching, half hoping that one would sink, but they all made it across okay.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
davidof, Nice sequences David, liked the shot of the guy who almost makes it, then collapses in backwards. Whn I was watching at Alpe D it was amazing that the few who fell in just didn't seem to feel the cold. That's youth for you! Did you see anyone skiing across backwards? That takes some doing.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Plenty of pond-skimming going on around the French resorts as well at the moment, as the season draws to a close.... the kids were trying it on one ski only yesterday up at Les Arcs, with not a great deal of success I would add!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy