Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Club Med - winter 2005/06 brochure

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
It's mid June and probably the hottest day of the year so far and lo and behold the CM winter ski brochure has arrived.

Same resorts as last year with the addition of Peisey-Vallandry in France ( part of the Paradiski domain ). Has anyone been there?

CM is offering £100 off the brochure prices on 19 of its ski villages provided you book before 31 October 2005 ( selective departure dates only ).

I have found CM to be a very professional outfit and the standard in the three resorts I have been to, to be consistently high.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
hibernia, kuwait_ian stayed there last season, had a great time. Also flying squirrel has his bar there, you could contact him for all the gen.

[edit] also "John New Gen" or whatever his sig is, works from there each season. Comes highly recommended (New Generation ski school.....)
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
hibernia, Here is my report on Peisey-Vallandry from the Resorts alphabetical list and there are some photos in my personal gallery in snowMedia zone. Great place on the fringe of Les Arcs. Hope the big CM development doesn't spoil it. I think it was something like 1000 beds but I'm not sure about that.

No-one can have been to this Club Med yet 'cos it's brand spanking new. It was only a concrete shell last winter. It's in between the little villages of Peisey and Vallandry and very well sited for lift access to Les Arcs and the Vanoise Express for La Plagne. If Club Med is not your scene I can recommend Hotel La Vanoise - 2*, very French, very clean and comfortable. Ski-in Ski-out.
P-V also has Ski Beat and Ski Esprit if you want catered chalets.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
hibernia, I agree about the standard. I have been to Club Med in Val D'Isere a number of times. Always found it hard to beat for convenience of access to and from the slopes. The food was good. Not amazing, but good. The upper classes in the ski school were always run by ESF. Never had any complaints about them. In fact one of them was the best guide/teacher I've ever had. I'm not sure about the beginners classes.
The only downside is the size of the rooms, which are designed for sardines, not humans, but that's just the way Club Med is I guess.
The thing that stops me from going there these days is the fact that they don't cater for children under 12. In fact I think they actively discourage you from bringing small children along. That's unfortunate, but it means that I'm more inclined to go with the German equivalent of Club Med, which actively promotes child care and is also somewhat higher quality overall (bigger and better rooms , better food).
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
kuwait ian - thanks for the info, it's well linked, CM has ski-in/ski-out, and has 280 rooms and as you rightly say this is the first season. The village is purpose built which is one of the things that continually put me off france as a ski destination. I think its going to be Switzerland or Austria again for me.

Mike Lawrie - been to VDI and was impressed and would agree with most of what you say. Yes you are correct that this year they still do not cater for kids under 12. But the other two I have been to ( St Moritz and Wengen ) do cater for kids under 12. In fact St Moritz is probably the best as it has facilities for ALL ages - Baby club 4-23 months; Petit CM 2-4 years; Mini CM 4-10 years and Junior CM 11-17 years. Wengen does not have the first two categories. I was in St Moritz about 5 years ago and all the parents were very happy with the service and in fact the GO were very professional and filled the day out with kids activities and evening concerts featuring the kids shows.

With effect from 2005/06 all drinks and snacks ( outside meal times ) are included in the price. So they have got rid of the coloured vouchers which you needed to buy in a carnet in previous years.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
hibernia, I've also been to St.Moritz at the Club Roi Soleil. It's not quite so convenient for the slopes, but a nice club anyway. Maybe I'll give it another try. The only downside with St Moritz is that my wife has become convinced that the temperatures never go above -20C! We've had a couple of holidays and short breaks there, and every time it has been unbelievably cold. On Corvatsch I remember that it was so cold that my teeth were aching! My wife just gave up and went and sat in the restaurant.
We also stayed at the CM in Pontresina once. Not quite the same quality as Roi Soleil, and you have to use the bus to get to and from the slopes in St. Moritz or up at Diavolezza and Lagalb. I wouldn't recommend that one.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Mike Lawrie - strange what you say about the low temperatures, it markets itself as one of the sunnier resorts in Switzerland with above average sunshine as it is tucked in the SE corner canton of Graubunden. I was there only once at the end of January about five years ago and it was very sunny and not particularly cold.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Been to CM the last 3 years - Tigne the first two, Les Arcs last year (we booked too late for Tignes 'cos they didn't send our brochure). But now we have the magic card we can provisionally book before the brochure comes out - so it's Tignes again next season (and I think they've made it "all in" - ie the Bar is inlcuded, instead of having to buy tickets).

A group of us go each 1/2 term (Kids and teachers) and the kids facilities at Tignes are excellent, for all ages. And the adults have the bonus of sauna, steam room and spa pool.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
davehk yes its " all in " on all resorts apart from Sahora, the japanese ski resort.

Have a look here www.clubmed.com
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I went on a club Med summer hol. Lovely hotel, very good food, excellent facilities, but the eating was at communal (you would be sitting with other people - eek) and there were bizarre forms of entertainment (not compulsory, admittedly) put on by the redcoats or whatever they were called (GOs?). It was a bit like a cross between a 4* hotel and a youth hostel, with a bit of Butlins thrown in. Very strange, and not really for the old lady and me.

Are the skiing hols the same?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
richmond, similar, but fairly non-intrusive. You are not being constantly animated to have fun! Like you say, you don't have to join in. As far as communal eating is concerned, at least in VDI, they have a separate restaurant where you can eat at your own table if you want. Personally I always quite enjoy mixing with other people, and I prefer buffet style food.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
In CM Tignes there are generally enough of us to fill a table - and usually by the end of day 2 the waiter has offered to reserve the same table for us every day. He looks after us and at the end of the week, we look after him. Also, if you are in a group thaty doesn't quite fill a table, you will quite often find a GO or two will come and join you, which can be quite pleasant wink
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Well on the whole is it is a very social and cosmopolitan atmosphere and part of the fun is meeting peoples of other nationalities whilat at dinner. And the GOs are very social and join people for dinner.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy