Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

This skiwear could change your life

Poster: A snowHead

Find a large cubicle if you need the toilet
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Good grief! Is he (?) skiing on sand?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
No, I think it's moondust
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
What ridiculously long poles Puzzled
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yes, but the helmet size looks correct.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
David Goldsmith, are you a bit of a Photoshop whizz?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Looks like Wet Dendix to me. Don't know what he's skiing on though.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
rob@rar.org.uk wrote:
David Goldsmith, are you a bit of a Photoshop whizz?

No, but I can change underpants in 5 seconds
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
David Goldsmith, can I put in a request for buffy the vampire slayer in the buff, or a bikini if you have to?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
slikedges, you have to ask Alan Craggs for that one, she was kind enough to advertise his Spyder jacket for him last year Laughing
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
slikedges wrote:
David Goldsmith, can I put in a request for buffy the vampire slayer in the buff, or a bikini if you have to?

The closest I've got is 'Buffy the Nurse', I'm afraid
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
D G Orf, tell me more?!

David Goldsmith, sexxyyy! wink actually looks a bit like Richard the Lion Heart in the first Crusaders versus Saracens skier-cross.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
You don't fancy the policeman?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
slikedges, oh all right, here she is then
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Dare I start on about how the camera overestimates the angle of that slope ?
ski holidays
rob@rar.org.uk raised the issue of photoshopping. The images are actually from this BBC Online slideshow from Hereford and Worcestershire (which should give us a clue as to which slope is involved).

They're described as "Fancy dress skiing for charity".

But was any fancy dress actually involved? The core images, ignoring the costumes, do look remarkably similar - look at the pole positions. Would any expert care to comment?
snow report
Look at the Beefeater in particular - clearly a cut and paste about as realistic as South Park.
snow report
As a competant photoshop manipulator and keen photographer and skier I have just one word to say on those images

FAKE

I'd be willing to put the entire Eurotunnel debt on that wink
ski holidays
I wonder if the BBC care? Maybe I'll send an email to them for a comment. It would be moderately interesting to know who the skier was, and what this was all about.

I mean - was there any charity involved, for a start? !
latest report
Through a little bit of image detective work I have discovered that this was skier 47 in one of the OPPDAL Celtic Cup ski races

re composited from the fakes
ski holidays
Different. The skier is Stuart Robertson of Western Counties Ski Club. I will ask him what charity he would like a donation to from us lot, as he's given us some laughs.
snow report
I've decided not to contact the BBC as they'd probably pull this farce off the site if they know they'd been duped.

Jane L, any chance of recruiting Stuart Robertson to the snowHeads community? I think he could take Milton Keynes snowdome by storm!
ski holidays
D G Orf wrote:
Through a little bit of image detective work I have discovered that this was skier 47 in one of the OPPDAL Celtic Cup ski races

You mean he wasn't asked to sign a model release form before his image was posted and manipulated! DG, tut tut Wink
snow report
I've printed this thread for him and will write on the url, in case he fancies a look. I will be racing against him on Saturday (somehow he beats me by quite a margin) and my eldest will be racing against him on Sunday (this time the margin is much less).

Note the trousers - his trademark - you can see them behind the moon suit. There's a flashy orange pair to complement these as well.
snow conditions
Now that was a very funny entertaining post , LOL hahahaha thanks for the laugh
ski holidays
As opposed to one of my pics - not one of the best I have taken - Elvis on a mono:

Mono Elvis

No photoshop manipulation at all on this one!!!
ski holidays
Sherlock Chalets, now that's good Laughing
snow report
I also have Superman, Wonder Woman and various Tellytubbies (on skis) somewhere - will have a look for them later
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy